when you guys are feeding pumpkin..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiced77

Reaction score
how much do you feed your buns a day?i'm starting to see poops strung together, and they're both shedding alittle right now so i'm afraid of a blockage happening.. though rightnow they're both fine, and eat tons of hay.. but i've never seen thestringing together in the whole 8 months we've had them!

I do the same as Nichole. A tablespoon of pumkin a day while shedding but on a normal basis I give pumkin twice a week.

Lanna

Hi Spiced77,

I agree with everyone's advice.

As Fergi said, "stringers" are a great sign. That's what you want tosee as it's proof that the hair is being passed through their systems.

:)

-Carolyn

thanks all.. i guess it is a good sign thatthey're passing the hair, just makes me a little nervous about mybabies! :) they've never had pineapple or pumpkin, so itshould be interesting to see if they like either..

Er... when you say pumpkin, do you mean the stuff thats like a paste in cans?

I knew it had to be canned pumpkin, but I thought maybe they made chunks or something! lol.

Nope! the punkin in a can is pureed =)

Some buns like it, some dont. Guin LOVES anything pureed butGir is very distrustful of the punkin. He is one to eat itwhen no one is looking.... such a tough guy you know.

ooh, so stringy poop is a GOOD sign...well that'sgood then, cuz Peppy definitely has some furry poopies comin out of himlol. I'm glad he's passing it through his system just fine without anypumpkin or pineapple.

how do I keep the pumpkin over time? Should Itake it out of the can and put it in a tupperware container in thefridge? I know that sounds like I should already know it...but justcurious what you all do?

pumpkin_pie_lg_clr.gif

Elf Mommy wrote:
how do I keep the pumpkin over time? Should I take it out ofthe can and put it in a tupperware container in the fridge? I know thatsounds like I should already know it...but just curious what you all do?
My daughter put it in some mini-ice cube trays and froze it.That way you can take out just as much as you need. Once it's frozenyou can take the mini-cubes out of the tray and put them in a freezercontainer or bag.

Jim

Fergi wrote:
I am pretty sure Carolyn said that it is safe to freeze any unused portion.

Fergi's mom

You definitely can freeze it.

-Carolyn

Well I just did this yesterday, lol.

I took 2 sandwich Tupperware containers, then I put half of the caninto each container. I used a spoon and spread it evenly over thebottom of the container, put the lid on, and put it in the freezer.About 2 hours later I checked on it. It was partially frozen, almostslushy, so I took a butter knife and etched lines in the pumpkin kindof like how you cut brownies (but smaller). After That I put it back inthe freezer, left it for a good few hours, took it out of the freezerwhen it was completely frozen, loosened the edges with a butter knife,and turned the containers upside down on the counter. The pumpkineasily came out of the containers and the marks I have etched inearlier made it an easy task to break the pumpkin into small oneserving pieces. Then I put it all into a Zip-lock container and put itin the freezer again ready to be taken out when I need a piece.

Back