When is a great time to let my bunny out?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africanbeautyusa

Reaction score
I allowed my bunny to run around outside in the backyard today while the kids were playing and he ran awhile and the. Tried to escape by squeezing himself through my fence. I'm guessing I shouldn't let him outside until he's a little bigger eh? Also last night I allowed him to snuggle in bed with me and I thought we were bonding until I flicked my comforter off of him and there were about 12 pellets of his poop in my bed. When is a great time to let your bunny out to play? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399173096.775299.jpg😩😂

Any time you're there to supervise. Bunnies will always try to squeeze thru and under things, so, bunny proofing is usually an ongoing endeavor. Also, bunnies poop almost all the time and will also use it to mark what they consider to be "mine". Someone actually counted and came up with the cold fact that they poop between 300 to 500 times a day, so finding some pellets any place they are is just part of being a slave to a bunny--why we got a shop vac.

I'd say you got off lucky with just poop. Normally they like to pee on nice, soft beds! Lol

As far as the best time to let them out, I'd say when they are most active, dusk and dawn. That let's them burn off lots of energy when they are most active. But yeah, you'll have to make sure your rabbit can't get out and get lost. You could look into rabbit proofing or just allowing the bun to have access to an outdoor enclosure or pen:)

I let mine out to play in the morning . When he is done he will set by the gate waiting for my to bring him in. I will also let him out in the evenings as well.

I let mine out for an hour when I am home for lunch, and then the rest of the evening when I get home from work (7-8 hours). He knows the rule: If I'm home, then he's out of his cage. I live in an apartment, so there's not really any place for "outdoor time".

As for the poop, it has already been stated. They will poop (and pee) on anything nice and soft. I will no longer allow Charlie on my leather couches because it never fails every time he jumps up there. If I want to spend time with him, I lay on the floor.

Latest posts

Back