When does your TREE go up?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 5 Christmas Trees... :shock:

2 Mini one's we have in our rooms's though I may give mine up this year for the bunnies to decorate the shed with :D then we have a fibre optic (sp?) which might be going in my room this year instead of my mini one. Then we have a big one in the conservatory colour scheme Green, Red and gold then in the Lounge it is just everything else!

I'm really going to go to town this year, I'm going to decorate the summer house and turn it into the winter house :p

We also have a tree that you stick on the window that lights up and a snowman that lights up :biggrin2: (Outside)

On the first Saturday in December (the day we put them up) we all go upstairs to the attic and get all the Christmas decs down theres like 10 boxes and bags and stuff, we each take one down and come back for the next one then we start sorting it out.

Also we have a little plastic squidgy nativity set that we have had since I was a baby that I set up every year, its like a little play one though we never really play with it any more. It's really just a decoration now!

Theres LOADS of Christmas threads, its so cool! I'm off to start another one 'How Do You Spend Christmas Day'

B.

I've found some really cute Christmas icons, I'm going to post one to make sure it works.

angel.gif

ETA: Okay bit small, I'll edit and make them bigger...

Here they are...

Father Christmas:

lilsanta.jpg

Snowflake:

lilsnowflake.jpg

Snowman:

lilsnowman.jpg

Star:

lilstar.jpg

Candy Cane:

lilcandycane.jpg

Christmas Tree:

lilchristmastree.jpg

Holly:

lilholly.jpg

Ribbon:

lilredbow.jpg

Reindeer:

lilreindeer.jpg

Presents:

lil5pressies.jpg

Who's got their decorations up then?

We're putting ours up next week, everyone post pictures of your decorated trees/houses.

;)

Ours start going up the weekend after Thanksgiving. When I was growing up, we could not have a single christmas anything in the house until after my dad's birthday which is Dec 10th. Now I can't wait to start. All of our lights are already up outside. I do wait until about 2 weeks before xmas to put up a live tree. This year is the first year I have accepted and used an artificial one. lol

Here are the outside lights:

IMG_0019.jpg

That snowman and polar bear are about 30ft out from the front of the house, and the tree between them is our live planted tree from 3yrs ago. It started out about 2ft tall now it's about 4 1/2.

Our tree is going up tonight! :D

I will take pictures when it's done...

I also got a wreath for the front door but can't figure out how to make it stay on lol... :?

Usually I put it up on the last day of November, not sure why, but we don't have a tree this year. Well we have this puny little 2 foot thing but it's a fake one and it's all squashed into a cupboard somewhere. We don't really do the christmas decorating stuff.

We will probably be putting ours up next week. It doesn't really matter when we do since it's a artificial tree, but we just took down the Thanksgiving decorations! So we like to wait a little while. :D

slavetoabunny wrote:
Mine will go up on December 18th - that's the day I start vacation. If it weren't for my holiday party I'm having on the 20th, I probably wouldn't bother. I don't get very excited about Christmas.

That's my brothers birthday!

I agree, I don't get excited about christmas. I might do if there were little children in the family to buy stuff for. I really think xmas is for children, they make it exciting with their excitment. And something always goes wrong at xmas!

I will get some pictures of my decorations this weekend! We are putting the outside lights up on Saturday, so I'll get it all together! :D

ourswent up saturday, it has light and an angel, but no ornaments yet:p

don't forget to vote in the hoppy holiday contest guys(link at top of every page!)!

We have an OUTSIDE tree for the first time ever. Our baby has just started crawling and nothing is safe anymore. i was also worried about the buns nibbling the electric cords. It's right outside the window and it looks really pretty with all the lights on. It's in a pot and with a bit of luck we may be able to reuse it next year

We've had so much trouble with our tree this year!!

We got it on Monday, but then it was so late we didn't have the energy to put it up- then we went to do it last night, but our tree stand was too big and it kept falling over :( We went out to the local 24-hr supermarket but they didn't have one. We wend to our local DIY store today but they only had the same ones that fall over :( So by this time I really wanted the bunnies to have some playtime lol, so Steve went further afield and got a super expensive stand... but it works! Hurrah!

So now we have the tree up, but naked :p We're going to FINALLY put the lights on and decorate it tomorrow!

:faint:

We don't have a set day we get our tree. We just go some weekend close to Christmas, maybe 2 weeks before at the most.

We're watching Rudolph on TV right now, though, so it must be getting close to time to get a tree. :p

~Xila :purplepansy:

I always put mine up the weekend after thanksgiving. it's so much work putting up the tree and takes so long that i like to have it up for all of december. my sister in law puts hers up on christmas eve and then they take it down new year's day. that's a lot of work to take down so quickly. i love christmas though. i have all kinds of christmas balls and decorations from the 1950's. it's sort of my hobby to collect all that junk...lol

Back