When do rabbits stop growing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolevins

Reaction score
I got Jenni when she was 8 weeks old from a pet-shop on May 28 2009. So I guess you could say she is one year old now :) :highfive:

Anyway.. when do rabbits stop filling out? Right now she is about the size of a dutch and she was so small when we got her!

home.php
IntheGarden027.jpg

I'm not absolutely positive (it obviously depends on breed etc.), but I think about 7-8 months most rabbits will reach their full size. So she probably won't get any bigger now.

My Pippin was about 500grams when I first got him (he was absolutely teensy weensy!) and now he weighs about 6.5 pounds- that's almost half a stone!!! He was sold to me as a dwarf rabbit, but I think it's pretty clear he is not. Not that I mind at all lol :p.

It does depend on the breed. Smaller breeds tend to stop growing at about 6-8 months old. Larger breeds can still be growing at 15 months. Most will reach the size first, and take a bit longer to reach the weight and fill out.

when we rescued Serena, we thought she was full grown at 6 pounds--a little less than three Kilo's. Thought she was a broken Black that was underfed. She now weighs 17 pounds and we know she's a Checkered Giant. She continued to grow for six month after we got her, so she was probably around 7 to 8 months.

Latest posts

Back