:: When are you putting your Christmas Decorations up?::

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't bother with decorations at my house, but I do put up a really nice artificial tree at my mother's house every year, and that takes about 3 hours! :p --I did that, last Friday. ... I'm a control freak about how all the lights and ornaments should be placed.

This is the hubster putting the lights on the tree, i forget which setting i took this but i thought it was neat, you can see the baby walking and he is a blur,lol

HPIM4760.jpg

The tree all done but on this setting you cant see the lights on, but they are on

HPIM4767.jpg

This is the baby putting the angel on, dont mind my drop ceiling,hopefully my living room will be getting done next year,lol.
HPIM4766.jpg

Aww those pictures are cute! My Dad is putting up the lights outside right now and out tree is up but not decorated yet. We are decorating inside the house and the tree tomorrow!

Jen and Fran, your trees are gorgeous!!

It is so funny, I am a bit of a scrooge, and never decorate for Christmas, but I *love* a beautifully decorated tree. I've got a huge collection of tree ornaments that never get put up, lol.

BethM wrote:

It is so funny, I am a bit of a scrooge, and never decorate for Christmas, but I *love* a beautifully decorated tree. I've got a huge collection of tree ornaments that never get put up, lol.
Thanks Beth!

I can never be bothered to put up other decorations aside from the tree. We have some snowball-style lights around the mirror above our (fake) mantlepiece, and a wreath on the door, but that's it. I tack Christmas cards to the wall as they arrive though. I'd like more decorations up, but I really, really, don't like tinsel and the sort of foldy-out sparkly decorations you can get. That's where the scrooge in me comes out! Steve wanted tinsel on the tree this year but he changed his mind when he saw how it looked with just lights and hanging decorations.

Fran, your living room looks so nice! Very cosy and welcoming- I love your fireplace! :)

mouse_chalk wrote:
BethM wrote:

Thanks Beth!

I can never be bothered to put up other decorations aside from the tree. We have some snowball-style lights around the mirror above our (fake) mantlepiece, and a wreath on the door, but that's it. I tack Christmas cards to the wall as they arrive though. I'd like more decorations up, but I really, really, don't like tinsel and the sort of foldy-out sparkly decorations you can get. That's where the scrooge in me comes out! Steve wanted tinsel on the tree this year but he changed his mind when he saw how it looked with just lights and hanging decorations.

Fran, your living room looks so nice! Very cosy and welcoming- I love your fireplace! :)
Thanks Beth, we went and cut our treee down , it was fun. I love decorating, i dont like taking them down as much as i love putting them up. We have lights outside on the porch, in the windows, on the fireplace mantal, around the doorways, on the railing going upstairs, in the kitchen,lol.

Thanks Jen, the fire place is real but the insert is just an electric fireplace,lol. One of these years to come we will be getting a wood stove insert but we just havent had the money, but that will just make the nice winter nights to have a fire going,lol

Put our tree up last night. Not as much fun as it was when we were little and we'd sit around doing it as a family, talking about the ornaments. I did it by myself :( But it looks nice and I left the xmas tree lights on all night so I could see the tree from my bedroom :)

Thankfully my dad put up the xmas lights up on the house last week, just before a huge storm came and the deep freeze(it was -35*c just outside the city). Last year he waited too long and it was too cold to put them up.

Latest posts

Back