Whats on the daily menu?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the morning they get fresh hay and water. I rotate and mix what types of hay they get, always some timathy mixed with one or two other kinds. Around 7 they get a few papia tablets each to convince them to go into their cage for the night, and more fresh hay. Around 10, before I go to bed, they get a nice big bowl of salad. Their salads have at least 3-4 types of greens and some veggies and I rotate which kinds they get. Sometimes I'll throw a piece of fruit or grass from outside in with their salad too. I always keep a bag of Oxbow timathy pellets around and will give them handfulls once in awhile, or sometimes mix some in with their salad, but I don't feed them pellets everyday because when I do, Zeus holds out and won't eat anything but the pellets.

Mine get pellets and salad in the evening. I gave up measuring greens after bunny 5. Most get 1/4 pellets. Teresa 1/3 Trio 1/2 and foster 1/4. Unlimited Timmy hay that is refreshed morning and night. Fresh water morning and evening or as needed.

Morning:

Each bunny gets 1/3 cup of Dels Rabbit Ration 16% & 2-3 handfuls (or full hay rack) of grass/timothy hay.

Nighttime:

Every bunny (except: Autumn, Lily, Bruce & Willow) get 1/3 cup of pellets unless they're dishes aren't empty. Each bunny gets their hay racks filled, or 2-3 handfuls of grass/timothy hay.

Treats:

Carrots, Apples, Oranges, Bananas , Lettuce (about 1x a month), Spinach (2x a month). A handful of grass (probably about 3x a week + 2-7 dandelions each (is that too many??))

We usually mix up a large salad and give the bunnies a large one or two tablespoons of it each. We only feed themveggies/fruits about 2x a month, 3x a month if they're lucky and 4x a month is they're really lucky, hehe.

ETA: They always have fresh water.... ;)

Emily

Jamie gets 1/4 cup(i think. i have a cup marked:cool:)of pellets in the morning, water and hay all day. and in the evening he gets vegies-lettuce(home grown for the last few months!:biggrin2:), some herbs and a piece of carrot. after he's finished the vegies he some times gets a bit of banana or something like that.

CJ is picky so it takes a few weeks before he fully accepts to eat other foods (but then he will eat what's put in front of him lol ) but so far he gets:

Morning:
Water re-fresh
Handful of readi-grass
1/8 cup of pellets (if that, he hardly bothers once they are in his cage)
Re-fill of hay in his hay rack

After-noon:
Small treat wich will be one of -
Apple
Craisin
Blueberry
Salad tomato
Orange/Satsuma
1/8 bell pepper
Fresh peas
Bannana (he will only get this on maximum 1 tsp a month)
Brocolli
Burnt toast (really, I accidently burn the toast and he eats it :p )
Plain dog biscuit (not the ones with meat preservatives/flavours in it)
Pear
and a few other fruits...

Night (when he is put away) :
Daily veggies -
Coriander/cilantro
Lettuce (any except Iceberg )
Carrot
Rocket
and then I rotate different veggies into the mix every 3 days or so.

Latest posts

Back