What would you do if this was your son?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 18, and I think I should tell you about my ex friend

I was 17..he was only 15.

First he just started smoking a few weed cigs here are there. After a couple months, he started doing every day..then twice a day. This time last year, he was still 15, he began doing e. And then lsd...and then shrooms, and then salvia.

His mom realized it was too late when she finally decided to put him in rehab. But because he was so far in his addiction, it didn't work. His councilors couldn't help him. And even though he's promised his gf that he'd stop, he hasn't.

Just don't let your son go in too far.. =[

I'm no longer friends with this guy.

Well my DS was good for a short time. He did everything he was asked, told me where he was going and was there when I checked up on him. I was proud of him and told him so. He was granted his saction so the possesion of stolen proerty was stayed. All he had to do was stay out of trouble for 2 years and he would have no youth record. It lasted for 2 weeks. I was thinking he was up to no good but couldn't catch him doing anything wrong.

I was called home from work yesterrday because my son was arrested and charged with concealing a dangerous weapon. He took a knife to school with the intentions of knife fighting another kid from another school. When asked by the police if he had a knife he said "no" when they found the knife during a person search he said" hmmm I wonder how that got there" I told the police I did not want him to come home, they said I had to bring him home, I am responsible for him. I wrote out the house rules, gave him a copy and informed the police that I will be calling them each and every time he breaks one. He now also goes back to court for the stolen property charge as well. That was stayed for 2 weeks. They also found a hashish pipe in his locker. I don't think he realizes just how serious this weapons charge is. He is suspended indefinately, maybe expelled. I'll find out next week after the school investagates. I love my son but have had enough.

Oh no. I had hoped he would get his act together. I would have wanted them to keep him too! He needs his butt kicked and hard!

Have you thought of looking into the military boys' schools? Order some pamplets and lay them around your desk. Don't say a word to him, just let him find them.

I am sorry.

I'm so sorry. Our kids put us through so much stress.

I hope you and your son make it through this and that he gets his act together and has a productive life.

Pam

Oh Sweetie...that's awful...I wish things could have gone the other way, but sometimes our kids need something more definitive to show them the harsh reality of WHY these things are laws and WHY they're not good for them.

He'll be so mad with whatever you decide to do...but he'll be so much better for it.

We're here for you through this...:hug:

Before I saw the post about the weapon I thaught maybe he does that only to get attention but this more and more reminds me of my mom's friends son.(hes 11)He calmed down alot after she called the cops on him and his 24 year old friend ffor buying lotto and ponging his moms jewlery from her deceased hubby.

Maybe if you do call the cops he may realize what hes doing. Also..One quick question. Is he getting bullied at school.

I just thaught that he may have gotten bullied and that now hes doing drugs and such to fit in?

Hope all goes well

Brandy

If it was my son I would call the cops. If you don't he will think that you will back down everytime. If he gets away with things he will only get worse. He needs a short sharp shock. Do it now before it's too late. You have to be cruel to be kind. Good luck with everything and don't forget, whatever happens, you've done your best. The rest is up to him.

Hi, I was surprised when you said he would have a police record. I was under the impression that kids (minors) under 16 did not have a record. The laws are so lax here in Ontario it's actually ridiculous. They let people out on bail who have murdered and are waiting for their trial. Then they go out and re-offend. It must be so frustrating for the police.

I really hope your son gets help and straightens out.

Susan

I could tell you lots of horrid stories but I'll spare you. My xhusband works for the juvenile justice department at the Jail where they house kids before they go to court and are sentenced. He used to book the kids in and would tell me all kinds of stories about who he had booked in and what they had done. I was shocked! I think it's important to stick with any punishment that you set out. Alot of kids that get into trouble have no stability in their life. It is great that you are sticking to your guns! Let him know that your the boss. It's such a hard thing to be a step-parent and so easy to blame them for your problems. My boyfriend has a 12year old and I'm glad the biggest problem when have now is his grades! I'll keep you and your son in my prayers. Have you thought about maybe having him join some type of club. I was in Job's Daughters growing up and it was great. Really helped me during some bad times when my parents where getting divorced. Also was a major part of the reason I said no to drugs! =)

thanks for thereplies everyone. We just got back from the school and he is facing a possible full expulsion. He was lying at the meeting and I told the Principal that I did not think he was being sincere. I think I shocked him when I said that. He is also out of the school band if they do let him back.

A child can be charge at the age of 12. At 18 the youth criminal record is sealed but still there. It would show as an adult that he was in trouble but not what the charges were. he had a chance to erase the record completely but blew that.

he is not being bullied at school, I think he is trying to fit in with the "cool" crowd. Either way, he is not thinking about what he is doing nor does he give the impression of being sorry.

I am stickingto my guns on this. He is disrupting the whole the house and I have 3 other kids here one who is but 6. I have made my peace with my self and willlet the chips fall where they may. he is 15 1/2, knows right from wrong so he is responible for the choice he makes. I will not allow him to upset the rest of the family anymore. I wrote out the houserules and gave him a copy. If he breaks even the smallest he knows the police will be called. Will he be good? I'm not thinking so, he is already starting his crap and it has only been 4 days. It breaks my heart as this is my good hearted kid but I know what I must do to save him and I will do it.

You guys have been very supportive and helpful, thank you.

I think you are doing the best that you can. Kudos to you for not making excuses for him and for making him be accountable for his actions. You are setting an example for him that he will remember for the rest of his life (even if it doesn't appear so right now).

Keep up the good work! And keep us updated - we're all pulling for your son's success!

Pam

I couldn't agree more...you're a WONDERFUL mother for doing this for him...

And we're all here for you through this...you're not alone...:hug:

pamnock wrote:
I think you are doing the best that you can. Kudos to you for not making excuses for him and for making him be accountable for his actions. You are setting an example for him that he will remember for the rest of his life (even if it doesn't appear so right now).

Keep up the good work! And keep us updated - we're all pulling for your son's success!

Pam

Latest posts

Back