What this forum has taught me.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
It's definitely not something you can learn from a book or website.;)
I totally agree with you there Jess :)

Cheryl

As weird as it is, RO has made me want to get my driving license and save up for a car, just so I could have access to better food/supplies/care for my animals.

I'm 20 years old and never got my license due to intense fear of being on the road. I've started hyper ventilating once just for sitting on the driver's seat with the keys out of the ignition so this is a BIG fear for me to overcome. The classes are expensive and I'm going out for a second job just to afford it but it'll be worth it.

I just joined and if it wasn't for all the articles you guys have on here I would most likely be clueless on how to handle a bun as a pet. You are all so nice and helpful on here and I'm so glad that undergunfire posted on craigslist or I might never have found you guys!

That's so funny...I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago.

I first found this forum in Feb 06 before we brought home our darling Maisie. I've always had cats, and had encountered sweet Maisie at my daughter's school (one of her friends' buns had had babies due to a mis-sexing, and they were charging people $20/bun and using that money to pay for the mama's spay), I fell completely head-over-heels, but wanted to be sure that she could survive living with our two kitties (little did I know that the kitties would actually be afraid of little Maisie, not the other way around!).

So, I googled something along the lines of "rabbit forum", and found RO...went on the forum, read some stuff, checked out what the general feel of the forum was (wanted to be sure that the majority of people here had the same attitude about animals that I do (that we're here simply to give them a life that is as lending toward their natural tendencies and desires as possible), and found it to be IMMENSELY so.

So, I joined, and started asking questions, being sure Maisie would be safe, that we could actually provide for her (financially or otherwise) what she really needed to have the best life possible. I was SO PLEASED to see that buns have so much personality and life to them! The only buns I'd encountered until then were cooped up in hutches, never spoken to or pet or really allowed out and about to bond with their humans.

It was after all that research (and a myriad of questions) that we brought her home...and she's so wonderful, she created in me a madness about bunnies!! I've now four girls currently, and will be adding two boys and another girl sometime in the near future...and I couldn't be happier!! These little sweethearts really completed our family...and are such a huge joy!

So, with all that, I have to mention...

I just started reading my first informational bunny books a few days ago. Everything I'd learned until now, I learned here...either from the huge amount of information in the Library section of the forum, or from reading those things, and then also asking people to lend me their personal experiences.

It's been a really amazing time, being on this forum! From the vast amount of information, to the amazing amount of data in various threads, to the wonderful people that make this forum as awesome as it is!

We're so blessed...:)

Hugs to you all,

Rosie*

I had had my rabbit for a few months when I found this place. I knew nothing about rabbits and was tired of feeling scared and confused every time she did sonething new. I also thought that my TinkleBunny didn't like me and wasn't very affectionate. This place taught me to LISTEN to my bunny. Get down on the floor and watch her nose to nose. Bunnies say so much without making a sound. I can tell exactly what my bunny is feeling just by looking at her now. This place is awesome.

I haven't had to use it yet, but I think the bridge forum is a great place to be able to greive when you lose "just a rabbit" I have found myself tearfully consoling others and truely feeling their pain. (I NEVER cry, so it is pretty profound for me) A girl at my job lost her cat, and no one even asked her if she was alright. I asked her and she cried and said, "You are the only one who has asked me that."

This place is awesome and the people here are so helpful. Anything you can ask, someone has an answer.

~Star~

Latest posts

Back