What Other Animals Do You Own Besides Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minilops wrote:
Hi! Most people would run a mile at seein Frank, he looks kinda scary in those pics.

He mostly eats house flies, I catch them and put them in his tank for him. Praying mantids are very quick and strike out with their front legs to grab their pray.
Cool! Every rabbit owner should have a praying mantis to keep down flies!

FLIES ARE THE ENEMY!!!!

Hey! How about starting a mantis farm? Fill your barn with 'em, no more fly problems! LOL I wonder if there would be much of a market....

Minilops, how does Frank get around? Does he jump to get the flies? I might have to get a couple!

I have spider webs outside all my doors and no one is allowed to knock them down. Theyprevent a lot of flying insects from entering my house (and getting to my bunnies!).

We have...

3 Rabbits

2 Dogs

1 Turtle

2 frogs

1 Snake (eww its my brothers)

And a fishy tank!

I used to have hamsters and other little furries :D

Hubby and I have been rescuing rats for 11+ years now so currently we have 26 of them. Some are with pedigrees from a friend that breeds.I adore my ratties :)We also have a bearded dragon and of course can't forget wilbur our holland lop :)

6rabbits....Babette ,Beau, Jacques, Joey, Rudy, Peewee........1 African Grey parrot..Neil..................3 dogs Zip Snickers and Angie..........two cats...Sparta and William...2 guinea pigs.. Pee and Poo and1 human man..Jim

ratmom wrote:
Hubby and I have been rescuing rats for 11+ years now so currently we have 26 of them. Some are with pedigrees from a friend that breeds.I adore my ratties

We actually had 3 pet rats,and they were such beautiful creatures anybody who says they are discusting has never had the privellage to get to know them,ours were so well trained,they would come when i called them they loved to play around when we had them out of the cage,but when they were out of the cage they had to be supervised closley so they came out a lot when me and the kids were sitting down watching tv,the ratties loved to run around on the lounge and play peek a boo,such marvellous creatures,the 3 of them are no longer here with us anymore,Poppy was the first one to leave,she died in sept 05 and the other 2Sleepy and Missydied within months,it was very sad to see them go,they all ended up with a cancerous tumour,i couldn't handle seeing them like that but i know that i cannot own anymore as i am scared the same thing will happen,my vet said that it's common for rats to get tumours,and this is why i am scared to own any more,in fact my sister said that she doesn't know why i have pets,because i get to devestated when they die.

cheryl

I can totally understand, I have 2 right now with tumors and 1 that is basically in hospice care for a stroke and other things going on with her. Their life span is so short compared to a buns, so having a rabbit is weird to me, because they live so long. I think the oldest rat I had lived just over 3, which is ancient for a rat. I tell you I don't know why I keep taking them in, but somehow they are touching my heart enough to never stop. I'm just a sucker I guess ;)

Saddle Creek Nubians

1. Torquay- Nubian doe

2. Unnamed-Nubian wether (Torquay's kid)

<Might be adding on later this week!>

Saddle Creek Poultry

1. Hen-Black australorpe hen in production

2. Henry- R.I.R./New. Hamp. in production

3. Two delaware cockerels

4. One partridge rock cockerels

5. 7 buff brahma bantam (unsexed..too young)

6. Two buff rock pullets

7. Two silver span. ham. pullets

8. 4 delaware pullets

9. 6 partridge rock pullets

10. Three African geese- AnnaBelle, MayBerry and George

Saddle Creek Rabbitry

Californians- Sweet Pea (mature female) Leo (mature buck) and Sweet Pea's 7 two montholders

Houdini-male Dwarf

Unnamed- female dwarf???

Four mutts (mini lop X californian)

Pets

Two hamsters- TJ and Teddi (both female)

Nine barn cats

Two dogs-Patches and Ginger

Here's a picture

Latest posts

Back