What kind of rabbit is he??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK Bunnies

Reaction score
look at this bun I found on pet finder! Isn't he adorable?!?!

What breed is he?

What's his coloration called?

Petfinder didn't have any info about him!

WI48.9573380-1-pn.jpg

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9573380

I saw them at the open show of our fair this year and fell in love with them!

They are so pretty! I love the dark nose and ears!

Probably the Palominos too. Hardly anyone has them here. I love all the big meat bunnies and the little fur bunnies.... I hate the thought of them being anything but my little cuddly bunners! :(

Wow...nicely pegged, Bo B Bunny!! :biggrin2:

And might I say...how GORGEOUS!!

the cool thing about this breed is that they are born entirely black, and get their ticking in their fur as they age (they are a color changing rabbit!) the only other breed in the united states to do this is the creme d'argent. . . which starts off orange and get's ticking in it.

i think that in europe they have a blue and brown/chocolate variety as well. . .

Yep, I'd definitely say a Champagne. I owned one many years ago...her name was D'Arcy. My then boyfriend and I decided to go to the Agricultural Fair in Halifax one year, and we happened to walk through the rabbit exhibit (okay, didn't "happen" to, I dragged him there, as I had to see all the bunnies ;)). I wasn't prepared for the one display a local rabbit breeder had though; this particular man was raising Champagnes and selling them for meat. I was so upset, and wanted to buy every single one, but of course couldn't. And my house was already full of bunnies...but I couldn't walk away without doing something...so I wound up going home with D'Arcy.

She was already at the age where her coat had changed from black to the beautiful silvery coloriing (very soft fur too), and for the years that I had her, she was one of the sweetest, gentlest bunnies around. Very calm, very relaxed, loved to be held...just a sweet, sweet girl. She's the only Champagne I've ever seen since then.

I love Champagnes, and would love to have another one some day. I hope this one gets a wonderful forever home...:D

Yes, I saw the babies and they were all dark! Very cute :)

now, I do believe they are bringing the chocolate colors here. I think someone there told us that they were not recognized yet but were being brought through the shows just to get the color out there and to start trying to get their ARBA qualifying things.....

Love my technical terms there? :D

Latest posts

Back