What is this?????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
This was posted on another board -- someonewanted to know what breed of rabbit it was . . . I had noidea -- would you believe Stephanie immediately solved the mystery?

What the heck is that beast? It's adorable!

Way to go,Stephanie!

-Carolyn

The answer and supporting evidence to this mystery will soon be revealed . . .

Stay tuned . . .

Pam

ok . . . we have to start school, so I'm not going to leave everyone in suspense LOL

Stephanie said "That's not a rabbit -- it's a viscacha, but they're not that big."

I commenced with an internet search on viscachas (after Steph told mehow to spell it), and came up with the original image(below)that was used in the one posted above.Someone had cut and pasted the creature into the above photo -- Stephhad been right. It is indeed a viscacha(a SouthAmerican rodent, lagidium viscacia), and the image in the photo was notto scale.

I'd like to have one of those critters!

It's so cute.

Thanks for the lesson, Pam andStephanie.

-Carolyn

Oh that picture makes them look so much smaller!

I wonder what their personalities are like.

-Carolyn

They not very big -- the "copy and paste" that Ifirst posted wasn't to scale -- they are not much bigger thanchinchillas. Personality is probably similar to the chins.

Pam

That face is hard to resist!

Love learning about animalsin different parts of the world. I never knew these little ones even existed.

:)

-Carolyn

attachment.php

i found a picture with a viscacha and a human for comparison, and thought id share :)

kevinvis_bg.jpg

no clue who that is, but the little guy isnt that big! totally cute though :)

I'm envisioning you guys going off on a road trip for viscachas, but coming home with a car load of men LOL

Pam

Pam,
Doesn't it make you proud when youhomeschool you kids then you have to ask them how to spell and do yourmath for you I homeschooled my boys for 5 years I went ahead and letthe oldest (16) go on to highschool and he is doing great still hetells everone his hardest teacher was his mom and that he's glad that Iwas hard on him he said it made highschool alot easer on him
kim

i

pamnock wrote:
I'menvisioning you guys going off on a road trip for viscachas, but cominghome with a car load of men LOL

Pam
:p

I'd rather come home with a car load of viscachas..... no offense to the bunnymen here LOL!

Latest posts

Back