What in gods name is that smell?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
I just adopted a boy (his been desexed for 1.5weeks now) and he has such strong odor, I'm not that experienced with bunnies but what the heck is that? When I adopted my girl (who also was only 1 week spayed) she did not smell like that, when I opened their door after a nap, pwoah.. I was blown away... 😷

He is not dirty, he smells like his poop... when will this go away?? WILL IT GO AWAY?
It's been 4 days now.. I am hoping after he gets used to my food, he won't smell so bad.. but everything that comes out of him, smells like him, his urine, pee.. omilord lol

Oh dear, I hope not, I dread having to do that... he seems so fiesty, I'm scared he will bite, might have to wait another 4 weeks til his hormones die down

I've read about skunky smell and it's most likely that he is marking his scent from leaving a residue on his poops (he's new) the dry poops are shinier than my girls poops.

The musky marking odor should not last more than 2 weeks after a neuter. If it isn't that, then it would be the scent glands. It would be a good idea to check his glands to eliminate that possibility.

it's just 2 weeks now. His poop is still shiny. I'll give it another week, he still is spraying daily.. and is going nuts coz my girls nearby, alot of honking.

Back