What in gods name is that smell?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
I just adopted a boy (his been desexed for 1.5weeks now) and he has such strong odor, I'm not that experienced with bunnies but what the heck is that? When I adopted my girl (who also was only 1 week spayed) she did not smell like that, when I opened their door after a nap, pwoah.. I was blown away... 😷

He is not dirty, he smells like his poop... when will this go away?? WILL IT GO AWAY?
It's been 4 days now.. I am hoping after he gets used to my food, he won't smell so bad.. but everything that comes out of him, smells like him, his urine, pee.. omilord lol

Oh dear, I hope not, I dread having to do that... he seems so fiesty, I'm scared he will bite, might have to wait another 4 weeks til his hormones die down

I've read about skunky smell and it's most likely that he is marking his scent from leaving a residue on his poops (he's new) the dry poops are shinier than my girls poops.

The musky marking odor should not last more than 2 weeks after a neuter. If it isn't that, then it would be the scent glands. It would be a good idea to check his glands to eliminate that possibility.

it's just 2 weeks now. His poop is still shiny. I'll give it another week, he still is spraying daily.. and is going nuts coz my girls nearby, alot of honking.

Latest posts

Back