What does this mean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMaeK

Reaction score
Hello there, I am new to being a bunny owner and I have some questions about her behavior. Any insight would be helpful.

What does it mean when she thumps her back feet? She does this usually when its time to go back into her cage, but she has done it when she plays around in her cage too. I'm not sure if this means she mad or what.

We were laying on the couch together last night, her layong on my chest and she sat up and started nudging my hand when I stopped petting her. Does that mean she wanted me to continue petting? A few minutes after that she bit me on the hand. It wasn't a hard bite, it didn't hurt and def. didn't do any damage, but it did take me by suprise. A couple minutes after that she rubbed her nose on my nose. I'm really confused about what this means.

My husband was holding her last night and she was making a quiet grunting noise. Not sure if thats good or bad. I was holding her after him, and it sounded like she was purring. Do they purr? What does it mean?

I know I have a lot of questions, I just want to be an informed pet owner. We have only had her for 3 days today, and overall she seems to be adjusting really well. If anyone has any ideas for me I would really apreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Thumping is a type of warning for other rabbits or to someone/something. Like if a cat is out and about, a bunny might thump to let the others know and send them back to the warren, but it can also mean.. "You are really ticking me off Mister!"

Pushing your hand was a way of saying "Please Groom me!" Yes, she wanted you to pet her more.

Yes, they do purr. They use their teeth and lightly click. Some make a buzzing noise like a bee too. She was happy/loves you.

Nose bumps are like a kiss! Congrats, she loves you! Oinking or the light grunting is also love, happy.....

A loud grunt can be a happy thing, grouchy, ready to mate, or something..... but they can also growl if they are unhappy.

CHECK THIS OUT

Latest posts

Back