What do you think Stark is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
tumblr_m4t1dnqVnR1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m4t1dnqVnR1qilpw0o2_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_m4tozuIhoR1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4tozuIhoR1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

This is Stark (as in, Tony Stark). He was found outside in the middle of nowhere by my cousins and is a bit thin. We took him since I am the bunny-lady and of course I have fallen in love. He looks like the first rabbit I almost got bred with Sabriel.

But there is no guarantee I will get to keep him. My dad is a bit annoyed. So we'll see how things play out.

Now, I am pretty-almost-100%-sure he is a Netherland Dwarf and Dutch mix.

But I am wondering, what do you all think?

Random fact: he is not neutered, but he is VERY good about the litterbox. He peed outside of it once and I moved the litterbox to that spot and he loves it now (all his food is around/in it) and uses it well. Of course he poops a little outside of it but heh, what can you do?

Of course, he's not in the same room as Sabriel, Solara, and Silas... I figure he'd spray and stuff. Plus we don't know how healthy he is. His teeth seem okay and he is fairly easy to handle.

I can obviously see where you get Dutch, but I would actually say he's a badly bred purebred Netherland Dwarf. His coloring is, I believe, Vienna-Marked Black Silver Marten, which explains the white on his face. :)

Aw he's so darn cute !! I definitley as well thought netherland dwarf but a bit larger. Good luck with him, I hope he can have his forever home with you :)

@Grace: I also thought he was part dutch because he looks very similar to my dutch Sabriel and is around the same size (just not as chubby XD). Similar heads too. You really think he's just a Netherland Dwarf? o:

@Vicky: Isn't he? I am hoping my dad will fall for his charm! Thank you!

I think he's vienna marked too (the white streak up his face); as for being Dutch or Nethie, I've never had either, so I'm not sure! I've seen similar VMings on other bun faces though.

He has the same white hairs on his belly that ZRabbits Dobby has and he's a Nethie. If he's as big as your Dutch, then I'd say he has to be a mix.

Maybe, possibly?

:p

he has a white collar idk if he was a vm ND that hed have that, its a very dutchy thing to have white blaze,ect and the collar/band

Here are more photographs.

This first photograph really shows how in the sun, his fur looks really dark brown.
tumblr_m4usgaJobP1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

tumblr_m4usgaJobP1qilpw0o4_500.jpg

He has white circles around his eyes and fairly white paws.
tumblr_m4usrvjZeJ1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4usrvjZeJ1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

@Sammy: Well he seems about the same size as my dutch... but he's chubby and around 4.5 lb. I have not seen them next to each other though. Stark is definitely lighter in weight though.

@Brenda: Yeah, that's why I was thinking he is a mix o:

@Larry: He does look very similar! Spike looks bigger than Stark, how much does he weigh?

Awww, I love unique eyes! All my rabbits have brown eyes (even Stark)... Sabriel's is the only... "different" ones. Sometimes they look brown, sometimes the gray color of his fur o:

With the new pics, definitely looks like a Black Otter Marten. Same markings as a Marten, (circle around the eyes, white under the chin and that white patch behind his ears)but with a VM nose.

He's sweet.

K:)

So you just think Netherland Dwarf as well, Karen? o:

Also, here are two videos of him, please watch them in 720p!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/gyt4RH47XHk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

His color without the white nose and partial blaze is called Black Silver Marten. Lela that used to be on this forum breeds dwarfs of this color. It is in the Tan Pattern Group and has silver markings like a Tan would have red markings. So therefor a triangle (seen at the nape of the neck) nose markings, cheek markings and a collar while also having a silver belly and brindling on the flanks and rump. The white could indicate a parent was a poorly marked dutch or a vienna marked rabbit. If there is any hint of blue eyes it can most likely be vienna marked but because some dutch can actually have blue eyes like a BEW but be full dutch ( my friend had a chocolate with sky blue eyes, very pretty) theres not a 100% for sure that its VM

I understand that Netherland Dwarfs have this color, and that was immediately what I said when I saw him... The first rabbit I almost got was a Black Otter Netherland Dwarf which had similar markings. So I knew that breed for sure was there.

It is just the amount of white on his face and paws that is odd to me and makes me want to think "part dutch", as well as his similarities to Sabriel.

His eyes are fully brown, by the way.

Thanks for posting the videos. I definitely think he's a Netherland with Tan Pattern Markings as well. Silver Marten with a VM marking. I don't think he's got dutch in him.

He's really sweet. And seems to be settling in nicely for you!

@Karen, of course! And thank you for your input C: I think he may be kind of young. I look at pictures of Sabriel and pictures of Stark and Stark has that baby look still. And yes, I do think it was fate that he came to us because he is doing great. C:

@Larry, Awww. That is too cute, Larry! x)

More videos of Stark.

Stark gets a dandelion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrFljeuFvE&feature=channel&list=UL]Stark demands pets.[/ame] Stark really knows how to demand pets. Grab my fingers with his teeth and move my hand up so that he can get his head under my hand.

Thanks so much for sharing those videos.

I loved the ending of Stark eating that dandelion. You could really hear the crunching sound. And then when he licked his lips and want more. Made me chuckle.

And boy he does demand your TLC. I saw him light grab your finger than get his head under your hand. Definitely a bunny who knows what he wants.

He is truly a sweetie. And every time I see Stark, I really see such a handsome bun.

Of course! Stark is quite the character!

And yeah, he definitely is quite demanding!

It's funny to see the ways rabbits will demand pets.
Solara doesn't...
Silas just waits with his head stuck out...
Sabriel pushes his head under my hand...
Stark grabs my fingers and then does what Sabriel does...

Silly buns!

Here are more photographs of Stark!
tumblr_m4thn7yiI11qilpw0o1_400.png

tumblr_m4x7soz3ha1qilpw0o1_400.png

Back