What do you think Stark is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yield wrote:
I understand that Netherland Dwarfs have this color, and that was immediately what I said when I saw him... The first rabbit I almost got was a Black Otter Netherland Dwarf which had similar markings. So I knew that breed for sure was there.

It is just the amount of white on his face and paws that is odd to me and makes me want to think "part dutch", as well as his similarities to Sabriel.

His eyes are fully brown, by the way.

Sorry didnt mean to reiterate what you already knew. I just wanted to make it clear because i thought i had read he had a collar and thats what made him dutch mix. I didnt see any white on his feet? Do you have clearer pictures of white on his feet? All i can see is the silver tan pattern that gives them color on the inside of the foot and above the toes. Maybe i need to watch the videos this darn iphone takes a long time to upload videos. .

I can see where you would think dutch because of the partial blaze and given his size. I am unsure of how big false dwarfs can really weigh so I am no help there but i know they can get well above the maximum weight

No, no, it's alright! Sorry if I sounded snippy. I don't know, I guess I was feeling off when I posted that. >.<

The first photograph in my last post shows his feet a little bit. It's mostly his back feet that I just felt have a lot of white, you might be able to see it... but maybe it is just my imagination.. I don't know. Maybe he is just a Netherland Dwarf... he'd be a false-y for sure. I have no problem with that of course!

Stark has a very similar head and face shape to Sabriel which is what has probably been fueling the belief that he may be part dutch. He just looks a lot like Sabriel to me.. just less chubby!

But we'd never really know for sure because he was probably some pet store bunny abandoned after Easter. Poor guy.

Here is the first picture I saw of him, a day after my cousins found him under the porch:
525153_3404717564820_1933646804_n.jpg

I texted her immediately and asked what they were doing with them and they immediately said I could keep him. My mom still thinks my cousin asked me to take him.. when instead I was the one saying we'll do it. There's just something special about him!

I can definitely see a dutch head from the side in that picture. Who knows it could have been a very poorly marked one or even a mix itself as one of the parents. Dutch are very popular as pets and so are dwarfs. I would say predominately dwarf mix. As far as the white i just see tan pattern on the feet ill try to catch a picture of my tans feet to show where the white is supposed to be.
None the less he looks to have a cute personality and im sure he is glad to be with you :)

Maybe his parents were a Netherland Dwarf and a Netherland Dwarf/Dutch Mix? He has a very demanding personality! Chews my finger a lot (never hard enough to hurt, just usually surprises me) to get my attention so I will pet him!

Here is a video I just took where you can see his feet (I took the time to make sure I recorded the feet and everything~) C:

The only difference from Spike that I can see is that Spike has Tan behind his head and instead of white hairs showing from the black, he has tan just like a Black Otter. Same head shape and body. Like I said before, something collided with a Dutch.

Larry, yeah, see Stark does not have any tan at all, just the white spots and the silver ticking... but his fur is not really just black... in the sun or certain lighting his fur IS a purple-y, chocolate brown. It is so weird.

Thank you so much for your input C:

I definately see some Dwarf in him. Either way he is a beautiful bun.

I was told Harvey's a ND (a BUB) so he's about 4lbs. I don't know if that's normal or not. When I asked the first time I wasn't sure of his weight and guessed lower.

Isn't he? C:
I'm not sure if that's normal.
For ARBA it is 2.5 lb for NDs BUT false dwarfs I know can get larger...

Well normal for a false dwarf, which I assume he is, since he's so big XD

I do have to say, Stark might have to come live with me :big wink:

MagPie wrote:
Well normal for a false dwarf, which I assume he is, since he's so big XD

I do have to say, Stark might have to come live with me :big wink:

Come get him then!
I do not think we are going to keep him. Despite completely loving him, I had to think logically about it and keeping him right now would not be the best choice. u__u

We just don't have the room for him right now, plus we have a hard enough time getting people to watch the three rabbits I have now (plus our two dogs!) and we like to go Up North. My current bunnies are easy for people to bunny sit (let them out and give them food) but stark does not have his own pen soo...

I hope you find him an amazing home!

Look at his little white mullet between the back of his ears!!! squeee! :D

Sorry to hear you will have to re-home Stark. But you are being smart to think of how this will affect all your bunnies.

He is a very handsome man, and I think you will have no problem finding him a "forever" home.

K:)

Latest posts

Back