What do you like best about where you live?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
I live in Southern California, in the San Fernando Valley, though I go to high school in LA.

I love the climate here, as in, it rarely gets belowfreezing. I can almost get used to 110 degree (F) weather inthe summer, that's usually when I'm glad to have a pool.

I also love that within two hours or so, I can be in the desert, at the beach, or in the snowy mountains.

I love that I'm so close to a big city, but it dosn't really feel like it.

I love that I can go basically anywhere and when I say I'm from LA, people know exactly what I'm talking about.

I love that I'm not spoiled rotten like some of the girls at my school who live on the west side.

I absolutely love certain aspects of our laws, like the way we controlsmoking, so people basically can't smoke outside their homes and theircars, unless they're at least 20 feet away from the entrance to anybuilding. This means smoke-free air for people like me whocan't stand smoke.

I hate the stereotypes that are associated with California.

As in, no, we don't see alot of "movie stars," I honestly wouldn't recognize most of the ones we do see.

And no, shows like the oc and laguna beach do not depict the usualCalifornia high school experience, they are scripted people,scripted.

I live in North East England. I loveit. I was born in this area, but moved around the countrywhen I was growing up, and ended up in Essex (in the East for 7years). There I finished out school, and met myhusband. When we got engaged we came up here to visit myfamily. He loved it, and exactly three months after we gotmarried, we moved! My only regrets are living so close to myfamily - they didn't see a lot of me growing up and can be quitestifling! I'm sure they often forget that I'm a grown up now!:DBut the area is incredible - we've got the sea, the moorsand the countryside. I love it.

I wanna move!! :bigtears:

Actually I have always wanted to live in the southeast U.S. Oddly,Canada has never felt like *home*, even though I was born and raised inthe country. And Canada is a beautiful country...the people are (forthe most part) absolutely wonderful, the scenery is gorgeous, it's oneof the best countries in the world to live in, yet...my heart is in theUnited States. I do suspect it's a past life thing, as I've felt sodrawn to it. Well, that and the fact that where I am currently living,the winters are insanely cold! And the summers are far too short, esp.for someone like me who loves hot weather, and loves to garden.

If I could move to Virginia, or South Carolina, or someplace moresoutherly (or somewhere that has those famous southern accents), I'd bein heaven....

I live in Northern Connecticut. Iabsolutely love it here. I love that we get to see all fourseasons. The winter is not that harsh, we do, however, getour fair share of blizzards and nor'easters. The summers arenot that hot either.It doesn't get to 100Fthatoften.

I am not in a city but am close to a couple and malls are not that faraway. In my town, I can go for a walk down the street withoutany worries of being a victim of a crime. I feel totally safehere.

Sharon

The only thing I really like about where I liveis that I live on almost 26 acres in the country. It's quiet andpeaceful. I lived in the suburbs for about a year and a half and IHATED it! There were too many people and the houses were way tooclose together. I love living in the country because I can always lookout the window and see the native wildlife. There are few things moreamusing than watching deer playing tag and leap frog in the snow inyour own backyard.

I would rather live in Washington State, Virginia,or North Carolina. Ohio has just never felt like "home" to me.

Bassetluv wrote:
I wanna move!!
If I could move to Virginia, or South Carolina, or someplace moresoutherly (or somewhere that has those famous southern accents), I'd bein heaven....
Wanna trade, Bassetluv? I could come to Canada and you could come to Tennessee.

Most folks here have the southern accent you like. Mine isnot very heavy, but Carolyn gives me such griefoverit!:X

It's warm - 87 degrees today - great for gardening!

The crime where I am(Memphis)is pretty bad. That's the only thing I don't like.

I clicked on stay but if I was given the choice to move closer to Disney World I couldnt say no.

We have a small backyard that just became smaller! actually its thesame size but the neighbor behind us just cut down all the trees so itlooks smaller! We have a much larger front yard. Our neighborhood issetup as a figure 8, we live on the larger circle that has 11 houses vsthe smaller where theres 7. Its almost a .2mile circle. In the niceweather I walk it over and over and over - we call it the gerbil track.

I live in London and for the time being (I am27) i love it, but when i have children i would like to moveout to the country. But what I love most is England, how the north andsouth are so different and how we have our neighbours Wales andScotland in close proximity because of their beauty.

Also i love the fact that Europe is just so close and I have been toUSA 3 times and really enjoyed it, but I am really a Europe person, asi love the different languages, cultures, food, different lanscapes andart and history. I love being able to pop over to Spain, Prague, Italy, France orMorroco for a quick weekend and the flights being2 hours or so -- and every place being so unique and different fromhome.

I live in Adelaide,South Australia:)

Adelaide is the largest city in the state of South Australia but is thesmallest state in Australia,i have lived here all my 33 years of mylife,our summer can get very hot,it can get as high as 45 degreescelcius in the summer time and it is absolutely hot and dry,our wintercan also get very cold.

I love living in Adelaide and i just could not imagine living anywhereelse,even though Adelaide is the most quietest state of Australia,andthere is not a lot to do here,like there is in the bigger states ofAustralia,the other states have theme parks and other cool stuff,wedon't have nothing like that in Adelaide,my kids are always saying it'snot fair and why can't we move to another state,but that is kids for yathough.

I could never leave my home,i would miss it to much,i love Australia but i love Adelaide even more:)

missyscove...the government hereis thinking about changingthe law so noone can smoke in their car,but i can see that is not goingto stop people though,they banned mobile phones while driving but youstill see people trying to talk and drive at the same time

cheryl

I forgot to say what i hate about where i live..

well at the moment we are having a bit of a drought in SouthAustralia,we have not had any decent rain,the farmers are having a heckof a time and i just feel so sorry for the farmers when they have toface a crisis like this,the Murray River which is where ourmainwater supply comes from is nearly empty,the governmentshould have done something a few months ago when all this started tohappen,now a lot of people are starting to fret over this.We are notallowed to water our gardens when we want to instead we have certaindays that we are allowed to water and then it is from 8pm-8am,if anyoneis caught watering their garden at other times will be issued with afine from the water police,if you want to wash your car it has to be onthe lawn,so there is no wasting of water.

We are all praying for rain,but at the moment i don't see that happening,summer is on it's way

but i'm sure everything will eventually workout

cheryl

what I like about Puerto Rico are *some* of thebeaches, the rainforest and all the smaller islands I can go visitwhenever I want. I don't like all the other stuff, but i'll probablymove in about 1-2 years , wohoo!

I am glad someone brought this up! Ilive in east england and i HATE it! Mind you there are somenice bits about it, the country side is right outside my door, we havea large shopping centre and cinema 20 minutes away, and I love theweather changes.

The crime is unbelieveable over here. And im not saying thatall black people ar involved in it, but a LARGE number are. Ialso think its wrong that they are taking over everything.They built a Mosque in a town down the road to me which is totallywrong in my opinion. Dont get me wrong, I am not a racistperson. But sometimes it is a bit over the top!Alsoits against the law tofly an england flag inengland, because aparently its racist :?

But....what I really want is to move to the US. My heart isthere! It doesnt feel home here. Although I havenever been to America before, my heart is still dragging methere. I realy hope I can move their one day. I amsaving up though! ;)I yet have no idea where tomove to, but I love the American culture, their accents, and how 'overexagerated' everything is. No offence btw - i just loveit. Also in America the names of places are so much moreappealing than England. Like here we have London, Yorkshire,Wales etc. They sound rubbish lol.

Oh also about the smoking law... Over here in July next year they arehaving a law of not smoking in pubs/bars/ restaurants anymore. They have to smoke outside. I cant wait forthat law to kick in though! Having a no smoking area in arestaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool!

Linz_1987 wrote:
Oh also about the smoking law... Over here in July next yearthey are having a law of not smoking in pubs/bars/ restaurants anymore. They have to smoke outside. I cant wait forthat law to kick in though! Having a no smoking area in arestaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool!
ohh they brought that law in here ages ago,no smoking in hotels andrestuarants here,but it was pretty weird how you would get a nonsmoking section in a restuarant but cigarette smoke travels,so howcould there be a non smoking section:?,i was glad when they stoppedpeople from smoking in places like that

cheryl

I live in Queens and work inManhattan. I love it because its always live and packed withaction....the city that never sleeps! i guess i also hate itbecause of the same reason. lol - sometimes i want peace andquiet but when that happens i just go to Connecticut where my momlives. ;)

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Bassetluv wrote:
I wanna move!!
Wanna trade, Bassetluv? I could come to Canada and you could come to Tennessee.

Most folks here have the southern accent you like. Mine isnot very heavy, but Carolyn gives me such griefoverit!:X

It's warm - 87 degrees today - great for gardening!

The crime where I am (Memphis)is pretty bad. That's the only thing I don't like.
I'd trade you in a minute, SnuggysMom! Especially right now...I just heard we're getting snow tonight...snow...*groan*

I suppose i kinda like where I live (NorthernIreland) but obviously it has it's bad points what with all thefighting and everything, even though that's got a lot better now.

I'd love to move in the future though, probably to Australia (I wasvery nearly Australian, my parents were going to move there but mumbacked out because she didn't think she could stay on a plane for solong!:X)

Some things I like about Northern Ireland: We have a good educationsystem so hopefully i'll be able to get a good job, I live in a littlevillage so I'm nearly in the country, we have some beautiful places,andbelieve it or not i also like our mild climate!:)

Things i don't like: I hate they way Protestants and Catholics hateeach other and fight, (even though hardly any of them actually practisetheir religion!), I hate how at my school the only sports we can playare Gaelic football and camogie (both really stupid Irish sports that ihate! My school has 5 tennis courts that we never even get to use!),andI hate our harsh accent, i think its horrible.:(

Michaela:brownbunny

Michaela wrote:
I suppose i kinda like where I live (Northern Ireland) butobviously it has it's bad points what with all the fighting andeverything, even though that's got a lot better now.

andI hate our harsh accent, i think its horrible.:(

Ohh i have always loved ireland,i have been in love with that countryever since i was little,i would always talk about it to my mum.

I love the country side,i just love all that greenery,omg! that would be heaven

We have this tv show called The great outdoors and they show you allthe good places to visit around the world,when they show ireland istart to dream and just wish i was there.Another thing i love aboutireland are the irish pubs,even though i don't drink beer,i just wantto be amongst the atmosphere and the irish people seem to have so muchfun in those pubs:)

ohh and i really love the accent,i could listen to it all day:)

cheryl

Michaela wrote:
Cheryl we should swap!:D

in an instant!!! The irish people are such lovely people,i'm just so in love with your country

lol,if i knew any irish people,i would never let them stop talking,i'm so in love with the language:heart:

cheryl

You're probably thinking of the southern irishaccent, that's a little different to mine, I don't know if you watchNeighbours, but connor who used to be on that has the same accent asme.:)

As for the actual Irish language, ugh, I had to learn it at schooluntil last year (yay i finally got to drop it and just do French!:D) Ihated irish language, although a lot of that was down to my teacher,she was terrible, she actually taught my aunt who is in her50's!:shock:Irish is a dead language though, hardly anyonespeaks it and anyone who doe it is their second language after english.

I love the Australian accent, it sounds so cool!:cool:

Latest posts

Back