What did your buns get for Christmas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I got so wrapped up in catching up with posts I've missed that I forgot why I came here in the first place! lol Anyway I, Ms Scrooge, is using her Christmas present money & getting Faith a new harness & a back up treat ball! I'm also going to Dollar Tree & getting their agility course racing cones! I know it isn't much but a little at a time is better than nothing. One day I hope I will have a wonderful bunny agility setup like I have exercise (basketball, bowling, roller skating, scooter & banking) setup for my birds. Yes, I believe in physically fun exercise to mentally as well as physically enhance the lives of my animals. I get bored if I sit around doing nothing all day & I feel certain they do too. Hope everybunny & their human had a good Christmas & will have a wonderful new year!

Oh, Maidance, have you been able to complete your bunny hutch? We would love to see pix & how your bunny likes the hutch! I had thought about purchasing one for my buns but for now we are using an xpen as our bunny home. Hope your bunny likes & appreciates his bunny hutch/mansion Christmas present!

Oh, Maidance, have you been able to complete your bunny hutch? We would love to see pix & how your bunny likes the hutch! I had thought about purchasing one for my buns but for now we are using an xpen as our bunny home. Hope your bunny likes & appreciates his bunny hutch/mansion Christmas present!

Haha actually I haven't finished it yet. I've actually been considering putting the hutch outside and building her a nic cage inside so she has somewhere to hang out inside and outside. It's just the hutch was a lot smaller than I expected it to be and I think it would be better for her to live in a nice 2 by 6 grid cage. Although that won't happen immediately so when I finish the hutch I will post pics!!! I promise! (I'm also sort of a procrastinator ^_^)

Faith & Hope here, Auntie Vanessa! Is it okay for us to call you, Auntie Vanessa? Our adopted pet human, we affectionately (most of the time! lol) call, "mom" said we should both thank you for your very kind offer of the cat/bunny house & to apologize for being such naughty bunnies complaining about our Christmas prezzies coming later when there are bunnies without a nice warm house to live in & no maid service to bring them their food & water! Oh, & she said to be thankful we have indoor litter pans when some poor bunnies have to go potty outside in the cold whenever they need to go! And for heaven's sake some bunnies have to live outside where there are no Craisins!!!!!! How absolutely awful! We are very fortunate bunnies compared & mom suggested our new year's resolution should be to be thankful for what we have. So we will try to keep that new year's resolution beginning now! Thank you, Auntie Vanessa!

Their message sounds SO sweet and wonderful and polite... and I can't help picturing them making faces that don't line up with it at ALL, like little kids being forced by their parents to write thank you notes to all their relatives!

One of my bunnies got something that they can add to their list of "Worse things to get for Christmas than nothing" - he got abandoned at a shelter for being "too big" on December 21st! :pssd:

Luckily for him, he got a belated Christmas gift of a new forever home! :D

14mb8u0.jpg

(The syringe is full of apple/blueberry baby food - his daily ration of fruit. It was the only way to keep the little fuzzbutt still so I could get a half-decent picture (camera doesn't like to focus on him). He'd get fussy and bite/yank at the syringe whenever I got too distracted by the camera and forgot to keep squeezing out more noms, lol.)

Sure, Auntie Vanessa sounds great! :) I'm sure my 4 buns will be jealous now!!! :)
And don't worry about complaining! We all need to some times. I'm sure if Chica and Chico could get
to a computer or could talk they would hop to my cell phone and call you all and be yacking their
bunny heads off..."The new bunnys get more play time than us..why do the new bunnies get to stay out more than
we do?" (quick answer because Chica can CLIMB like a monkey and I've found her sitting ON TOP of the bathroom DOOR one time on top of the towel rack on the back of the door like 6 feet off the ground!!!!) and actually they were complaining in another post about only getting 2 animal crackers
at a time when their Bunny Dad eats a boat load in the evening watching tv! See if you can find that post! :)

On a side note, send me a private message with the address to send the cat house to and post some pics after you
get it put together. I know about medical bills for both animals and humans! My mom was sick and paralyzed the last 4 years of her life so I have a ton of experience with medical bills and she lived with me the entire time and we took care
of her at my house. No nursing home for her.. she loved her animals and wanted to be near them...

So let me know where to send the cat house and I'll send it out this week. Lady started eating the damned roof off of it
the one I finally got put together and I could kick her lop butt for that!

Talk to you soon!!!
Chica, Chico, Lady and Brooke send their regards to Faith and Hope!!!
I'll try to attach new pics of the buns here. Lady hopped into the bathtub this morning.
Maybe she thinks it's bath time!!!
Vanessa

IMG_0686.JPG (2).jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Lady.jpg

Not much I am afraid. I did make him a bed. I couldn't find many sewing patterns. But I made it work. He is a mini rex, but I will definitely make it bigger. I don't know how any bunny would fit in the size that was listed.
I am making a NIC cage for him. It's not Christmas, but it is when I can afford to.

My guy got a whole bag of treats and a hay ball from his great aunt.

From my husband and me he got spoiled to death! I got a bonus from work so I splurged and bought him a castle and litter box with hay rack from theblissfullbunny on etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/153244473/castle-and-ramp?ref=shop_home_active
And
http://www.etsy.com/listing/108054485/rabbit-litter-box-hay-feeder-1-free?ref=shop_home_active

The quality on these is just great and the owner of the shop supports rabbit rescues through her store.

Here is a picture of him enjoying his castle:

Mordin Castle.jpg

Ok so as promised here's the finished hutch! Complete with bun bun natsuImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388961490.301040.jpg

Wow! Maidance, great job & I love it! How about your buns? A bun's bums-up? lol

Back