What did your buns get for Christmas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your dad is an architect, then he could probably put it together without using the instructions in his sleep - I'd abuse the hell out of his skills if I were you! I imagine he'll know exactly what screws to get, what tools to use and how to put it together effectively :D.

A ginormous box of coal! And it's not even really theirs, they have to share it with six other naughties.

They snubbed the gift, or at least that's the story they're sticking to. The green stains on the bottom of their feet (Gazzles' white paws in particular) from the non-toxic tempera paint powder I used to dye the sand betray them, though - they're clearly going in there when I'm not around. Smart as they can be, they didn't realize there was a "silent alarm" built into the gift to tell me when someone had been secretly playing with it :p.

I laughed out loud when I read that! I can just picture them walking around with glow in the dark paws!!!

Here's the rest of what my lucky bun gotView attachment 6655

HEY I bought the same cat castle but I have not been able to put it together yet.. is it pretty easy? I'm horrible in following instructions in boxes for things like that and stereo instructions, putting together tables, chairs, any furniture not already put together... I'm still looking at the box now thinking I'm screwing my buns out of some fun by being instruction challenged! :):bunnybutt:

Wow everybody's buns look so awesomely lucky and spoiled!! I planned to get more for Silver, but there was hardly anything good left at the store. I plan to get him more when the store restocks its rabbit toys.

Hey you give that bun love! :inlove::bunny22::pet:That is the most important gift you can give Silver.
I bought some things at Walmart before they closed (chew sticks, etc) and bought the cat castle at Petco because at my store it was on sale for $10 which I thought was a bargain. I bought two just in case Lady might want to play in one.. :bunny22:

My lucky bun got a bag of her favorite treats and a nice hutch to replace her small cage (although the hutch will still be inside) I haven't figured out how to finish building it though... So many parts!View attachment 6651

This looks like a hutch I got for Chico and Chica when they were about 6 months old. I got a huge bunny house for them and it's all sitting outside gathering dust. They HATED IT. I was so crushed. Me and my husband spent a day putting it together and NADA.. they sat in it for one day and stayed in the same position for the next three days. Finally we took them out. I thought they died!!! Inside, happy as a pig in a poke... sigh... the things we do for our bunnies!

If your dad is an architect, then he could probably put it together without using the instructions in his sleep - I'd abuse the hell out of his skills if I were you! I imagine he'll know exactly what screws to get, what tools to use and how to put it together effectively :D.

Indeed he did! I felt like he could have done it quicker without me! I'll post picks when he's finished. (He wants to add a floor because it's supposed to go outside and he doesn't want bunny pee on the floors.) thanks for all the help!

Faith here!And Hope! Don't forget me!Okay, Faith AND Hope here! We sneaked on mom's puter to find out what's been going on with all our bunny friends & we find out everybun has been getting all these great Christmas prezzies! When we adopted our human we had no idea we were adopting Mrs. Scrooge!!!!!! She didn't go out Christmas shopping & didn't buy us anything online either! She said she couldn't due to unexpected Bills! Who is this Bills guy & how dare he ruin two sweet little adorable buns Christmas! Since we adopted our current human how do we go about unadopting Mrs. Scrooge & making sure we get a human who knows how to give great prezzies like your humans?

Okay, our human isn't so bad most of the time but we are majorly miffed about our skimpy Christmas prezzies! Bills or no! She even had the audacity to RE-GIFT one of our earlier gifts! She says we will try to do an after-Christmas celebration! She did give us some extra favorite yummies though! But then she forced herself on us, holding us, cuddling us & even kissing our cute little bunny noses! Hmmph, we need Santa to adopt us! Bah humbug to Christmas with our pet human! Unless we get a better offer soon we will give her one more chance!

If any of you great Christmas prezzie giving humans are looking for another 2 bunnies, we are available! Just don't tell our human! If she treats us this way when she says she love us I would hate to think what she would do to us if she knew we called her Mrs. Scrooge & told her we were looking for a better prezzie-giving human to adopt!

HEY I bought the same cat castle but I have not been able to put it together yet.. is it pretty easy? I'm horrible in following instructions in boxes for things like that and stereo instructions, putting together tables, chairs, any furniture not already put together... I'm still looking at the box now thinking I'm screwing my buns out of some fun by being instruction challenged! :):bunnybutt:

Uh oh! I haven't started putting it together but I'll tell you if I can do it!

This looks like a hutch I got for Chico and Chica when they were about 6 months old. I got a huge bunny house for them and it's all sitting outside gathering dust. They HATED IT. I was so crushed. Me and my husband spent a day putting it together and NADA.. they sat in it for one day and stayed in the same position for the next three days. Finally we took them out. I thought they died!!! Inside, happy as a pig in a poke... sigh... the things we do for our bunnies!

I tried to put my bun outside too and she would not hear of it! She would not come for cuddles and seemed lack luster, which is why this hutch is going indoors ^_^

I can just picture them walking around with glow in the dark paws!!!

I WISH! I *really* wanted to make glow in the dark sand, but I couldn't find a decent deal for the glow in the dark powder (especially since I'd need a largeish amount) and more importantly, I couldn't confirm that it would actually be safe to use since some of the powder would end up being licked off their feet and ingested. :tears2:

Indeed he did! I felt like he could have done it quicker without me! I'll post picks when he's finished. (He wants to add a floor because it's supposed to go outside and he doesn't want bunny pee on the floors.) thanks for all the help!

Coroplast (corrugated plastic) is pretty cheap, very easy to cut/work with and waterproof. This site on C&C cages for guinea pigs shows how to make coroplast floors (with raised edges on the side to keep the mess in, or in your case to stop pee from running off the edges onto the wood). You could also use binder clips or something to clip fleece to the coroplast, which would absorb any pee and could be thrown in the wash periodically. Fleece is bunny-safe even if they chew it and end up ingesting some (the fibers are too short to cause a blockage).

Most Home Depots sell a 3'x6' sheet of white coroplast for around $13-14 (it's with the plexiglass and acrylic sheets); sign stores also carry it in 4'x8' sheets (and various colors).

If any of you great Christmas prezzie giving humans are looking for another 2 bunnies, we are available! Just don't tell our human! If she treats us this way when she says she love us I would hate to think what she would do to us if she knew we called her Mrs. Scrooge & told her we were looking for a better prezzie-giving human to adopt!

We'll totally trade mommies with you... it's not a trap, we swear... >.>

Coroplast (corrugated plastic) is pretty cheap, very easy to cut/work with and waterproof. This site on C&C cages for guinea pigs shows how to make coroplast floors (with raised edges on the side to keep the mess in, or in your case to stop pee from running off the edges onto the wood). You could also use binder clips or something to clip fleece to the coroplast, which would absorb any pee and could be thrown in the wash periodically. Fleece is bunny-safe even if they chew it and end up ingesting some (the fibers are too short to cause a blockage).

Most Home Depots sell a 3'x6' sheet of white coroplast for around $13-14 (it's with the plexiglass and acrylic sheets); sign stores also carry it in 4'x8' sheets (and various colors).

Yes I've heard lots about it and got a HUGE sheet for less than $12. It's hard to find! I wouldn't have found it if I wasn't so determined to find it!

Faith here!And Hope! Don't forget me!Okay, Faith AND Hope here! We sneaked on mom's puter to find out what's been going on with all our bunny friends & we find out everybun has been getting all these great Christmas prezzies! When we adopted our human we had no idea we were adopting Mrs. Scrooge!!!!!! She didn't go out Christmas shopping & didn't buy us anything online either! She said she couldn't due to unexpected Bills! Who is this Bills guy & how dare he ruin two sweet little adorable buns Christmas! Since we adopted our current human how do we go about unadopting Mrs. Scrooge & making sure we get a human who knows how to give great prezzies like your humans?

Okay, our human isn't so bad most of the time but we are majorly miffed about our skimpy Christmas prezzies! Bills or no! She even had the audacity to RE-GIFT one of our earlier gifts! She says we will try to do an after-Christmas celebration! She did give us some extra favorite yummies though! But then she forced herself on us, holding us, cuddling us & even kissing our cute little bunny noses! Hmmph, we need Santa to adopt us! Bah humbug to Christmas with our pet human! Unless we get a better offer soon we will give her one more chance!

Aww Faith and Hope! Do not despair. I only spent less than $20 on my 4 bunnies and if they knew the dollar amount might thump the crap out of me!

However, I bought an extra cat play house if you guys would like it and promise to play in it and not use it for an extra pee house! :dutch:bunnynurse:

(I'm being serious about the cat house... )

So cheer up you two! At least you have a nice human to stay with that loves you and takes care of you! We all go through times of not enough money!

Vanessa

:bunny16

My lucky bun got a bag of her favorite treats and a nice hutch to replace her small cage (although the hutch will still be inside) I haven't figured out how to finish building it though... So many parts!View attachment 6651

Oh my god! I got that same hutch for Christmas!! Cconly.com right!?

Oh my god! I got that same hutch for Christmas!! Cconly.com right!?

Yeah it is! It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I'm not finished building it yet but this is what looks like so far ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388266167.752646.jpg

Aww, that's a shame that it's smaller. But I do hope we both enjoy our hutches! :)

A brand new hutch and an "exciting" visit to the vet, to get my boy neutered. My girl needs a friend. :)

Oh goodness! I got Princess a grooming kit (including a soft bristle brush, a metal brush and clippers) I got her a fresh bottle of dry shampoo, a new sweater, a harness and leash, treats, a new bed and a new litter box! I went all out for her first Christmas :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauntz
We'll totally trade mommies with you... it's not a trap, we swear... >.>

Thanks, Nala & Gaz! It sounds like you got a great human, very knowledgeable about us bunnies! We appreciate the offer but mom says it is a long drive to Texas & even longer as the bunny hops! Maybe we should give her a bit more time at least until we can work out a better way to get to Texas!

That's ok - it really was a trap, at least in Nala and Gaz's eyes! They think I'm mean because I won't let them eat cat food or bully the kitten and I keep them locked in a pen because they were outrageously naughty when we tried to free-range them :p.

Natasha got a paper bag stuffed with her favorite hays, with a few banana chips and craisins thrown in. She went crazy over it, digging and flipping it over until she found a corner she could get her teeth into to rip it open. She got all the treats first, and has been going back to the bag over and over to nibble the hay.

natasha_8869-8247.jpg

Aww Faith and Hope! Do not despair. I only spent less than $20 on my 4 bunnies and if they knew the dollar amount might thump the crap out of me!

However, I bought an extra cat play house if you guys would like it and promise to play in it and not use it for an extra pee house! :dutch:bunnynurse:

(I'm being serious about the cat house... )

So cheer up you two! At least you have a nice human to stay with that loves you and takes care of you! We all go through times of not enough money!

Vanessa

:bunny16
Oh, Vanessa! Somehow I missed your post earlier (actually I've missed a number of posts I'm now making up for with replies!). That is so sweet of you to offer your extra cat/bunny play house! My bunny girls love boxes to hide in & jump on! Actually they are usually very good about peeing in their litter pan unless I don't change it as soon as they feel it needs it! lol Actually I had looked at one before Christmas & had planned on getting one that I had found until the unexpected medical bills hit! Boy do those medical bills hit & hard! lol Anyway it is such a sweet offer but I don't know if you still have it or want to offer it but I'm wondering about the shipping costs. Sometimes I have found with having to order so many things that I can't get locally that my first question is always shipping charges. Found shipping charges can be more than the item(s) themselves. It is still so sweet of you to offer! I just want to add one more thing here as I have been amazed by the RO members with such caring. I had just come out of the hospital earlier this year & my little bunny girl, Hope was having some health problems (probably a combination of stress from changes & no grooming while I was in the hospital). Another member offered to come help me set up their cage so that both bunny girls could be near each other but separate so that I could monitor their poops & food/water intake to make sure they were doing okay! I will never forget this member & her very kind offer! Oh, & she doesn't even live in the same town/city!

Tauntz

Faith & Hope here, Auntie Vanessa! Is it okay for us to call you, Auntie Vanessa? Our adopted pet human, we affectionately (most of the time! lol) call, "mom" said we should both thank you for your very kind offer of the cat/bunny house & to apologize for being such naughty bunnies complaining about our Christmas prezzies coming later when there are bunnies without a nice warm house to live in & no maid service to bring them their food & water! Oh, & she said to be thankful we have indoor litter pans when some poor bunnies have to go potty outside in the cold whenever they need to go! And for heaven's sake some bunnies have to live outside where there are no Craisins!!!!!! How absolutely awful! We are very fortunate bunnies compared & mom suggested our new year's resolution should be to be thankful for what we have. So we will try to keep that new year's resolution beginning now! Thank you, Auntie Vanessa!

Back