WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donna, yeah, the timing of my roasted turkey legs, potatoes and carrots was a little off, considering Thanksgiving is in less than a week. Paul made cranberry sauce too! They sure are good turkey legs though and only cost 75 cents each so we'll buy them again. I ended up making biscuits to go with the meal, this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/JPs-Big-Daddy-Biscuits/Detail.aspx

Usually I use Alton Brown's recipe, but decided to try that recipe since it's been in my recipe box for years. To my surprise, they turned out even better than Alton Brown's recipe! Paul said it was the best biscuit he'd ever had. So good! I'm now planning to make them to go with Thanksgiving dinner later this week.

SnowyShiloh it was delicious! super easy too! I went to a wedding today and they had lasagna with garlic bread and salad for dinner. DELICIOUS!

t.

I had tons and tons of errands run, and chores around the house that had to get done today. So dinner was super-easy: I made a big thing of basmati rice, and opened two boxes of Tasty Bite. (It's a pre-made Indian-sort of thing, and surprisingly good for coming from a pouch.) Jason had Bombay Potatoes, and I had Spinach Saag with Paneer. I also had half a pack of brussels sprouts in the bottom of the fridge, so I sliced those up and sauteed them in a bit of butter until they just started to caramelize. Not really Indian, but they needed to be eaten.

I'm having a hamburger for tea,it's cooking as i write this...the best thing is that i don't have to cook tonight..my son Anthony is cooking them....yay cause i just couldn't be stuffed cooking tonight :p

Mmm...my hamburger was delicious..it's funny how food tasts better when you don't have to cook it yourself :biggrin2:

cheryl wrote:
Mmm...my hamburger was delicious..it's funny how food tasts better when you don't have to cook it yourself :biggrin2:
I agree! Dinner was made for me last night for the first time in what must be years now! We weren't talking- had a big row on Saturday and didn't speak all night and all day yesterday, so he made me steak and potato wedges to try and break the ice. It was sirloin steak, and although wasn't rare like I usually prefer it, it was still a yummy piece of steak. And it worked too, because we're talking again lol! :)

I've not made anything new much recently, just cooking the same things. I've been making my daal recipe a lot, and that chicken curry with coriander that I posted above as it's so healthy and easy.

Ooh, the other day I did make puy lentils- I chopped a stalk of celery, an onion, 3 cloves of garlic and a carrot really small, whilst I had 3 chopped slices of bacon cooking in a bit of olive oil until crispy. Added the veggies, and cooked for a few minutes. Then added 1 cup of puy lentils and about 4 cups of water, and a vegetable stock cube, and a teaspoon of redcurrant jelly. Cooked that all for about 1/2 hour until the lentils were soft and had it with sausages. So good, fairly healthy and so filling! The recipe is Tana Ramsay (Gordon Ramsay's wife) and it's really easy to do. The recipe also suggests to mix dijon mustard with creme fraiche and serve that with it, which I did but I don't think it's particularly necessary.

We have duck legs in the freezer although I can't remember why, so we're going to have the puy lentils with that some night this week. I'm SO proud that I have gotten Steve to eat lentils! Hurrah! The only thing I would do next time is maybe soak them in water for about 10 minutes, because they took a while to cook- much longer than the recipe says.

For some reason, we went out again tonight.
We went to a new-ish place just down the street. We've been mocking it for awhile, as it's called Waxy O'Shea's, and proclaimed itself to be an Irish Pub. Most "Irish pubs" around here just serve icky bar food, and happen to have green beer on St. Patrick's Day. We got a coupon for it in the mail, though, so we decided to give it a try.

It turned out to be pretty good! I had fish and chips, two big battered cod fillets and a big mound of chips/fries. A little malt vinegar, it was delicious. (I could only eat half of it.) Jason had a boxty, which is a potato pancake wrapped around a filling- he had corned beef- and some cream sauce/gravy on it. I tasted the pancake with a bit of gravy, not too bad! They had $3 pints of stout or layered beers, so I had a Guiness and Jason had a Black and Tan.

It's close to home, reasonably priced, and the food is good. I think we'll be going there fairly often.

Went out and I had Japanese soba noodle. I ate at the counter and around the corner from me was Lucy Liu having dinner with her friend. It didn't really look like her at first but I heard her say thanks to the bartender and I realized it was really her. She looks pretty in real life. I think she looks better without the loads of make up she has on film.

Well i made my favourite tonightchicken parmigiana with cauliflower and meltedcheese, fried tomatoes green beansand brown onion gravy...ohh delicious!.....i just hate thinking about cooking after coming home from work though...even though it is just for me and my two boys.

Lucy Lui! You lucky! She is one of my favorites!

Last night we had oven baked chicken thighs, red potatoes and onions, green beans, a salad, and rolls.

Then tonight we went out, haha! I just work way too much lately!! We went to a local sandwich place, and it was soooo good. They have grape Crush in bottles!

Tonight we had salmon in a terragon cream sauce. We also had angel hair pasta in a parmesan herb sauce and fresh green salad with iceberg, romaine and butter lettuce.

I just dug some leftovers out of the fridge. Fish and chips from last night, and sauteed brussels sprouts from the night before.

Ate a nutrisystem dinner. Then chased it down with the warm cream cheese pumpkin bread that I just baked. Yummers.

Last night we had meatloaf with mac & cheese.

I took a half day off today. Trying to decide what to have for a late lunch. The cupboards are kind of bare.
I think lunch will be a spicy tuna melt......yummmm.

Tonight we're having chicken of some sort.
I'll post up later what it is ... ummm.... was... errmf... will be?

:cooking:

Back