What breed of rabbit should be the new RO mascot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out what Jenniblu did to her Flemish BabyBoy, Vash, and he didn't bat an eye. The baby outfit says onthe t-shirt, "You're no bunny unless somebunny loves you."

attachment.php

attachment.php

Great saying,Pam!pamnock wrote:
(Does anyone think Buck will be adding a Giant tohis family soon?)

If he had to do it over again, he'd definitely have a Flemish in his house! NOOOO Doubt!

-Carolyn

FLEMISH! FLEMISH! FLEMISH! Even though I have already "voted" I shall VOTE AGAIN!

I saw every one else adding their flemish pictures so here is NIMUE!! :p

nimuechin.jpg

Nimf.jpg

P1011143.jpg

What a ham.....

Welcome.jpg

~Amy

Ok...if everyone's sharing their Flemish pictures - Tiny wants me to share some of his....really....HE insists!

In fact....here are his reasons:

They will listen to both sides of an argument

They can feed themself if given the chance

They make a good pillow for comforting

They're even good with little ones

Sometimes they'll even share their cage!

They look great in family photos!

With their big ears, it's hard to lose them!

They can make others laugh...

They can watch over smaller bunnies...

They know how to help you prepare their cage CORRECTLY...

Yep....Tiny & I both agree that flemish are awesome rabbits.

Peg

Danielle,

You can click on TinysMom's pictures to get a closer look at them. It'll blow them up for you.

This was a picture of a baby Flemish from a new member that just joined.

attachment.php

-Carolyn

Sebastian is themost wonderful bunny but when he is no longer our personal mascot wewill be looking for a Flemish.

They truly do seem topossessall the most wonderful qualities rolled into one big, lovable chunk ofbunny! ;)

I vote Flemish!

Raspberry

I know that pretty much everyone here has a purebred - and lemme say that they all are some of the most beautifulanimals I have ever seen BUT

HOW ABOUT A MUTT? Someone's animal that maybe embodies a mix of many different breeds' features?

I dunno... just an idea (?)

Good point, Cheetos mom!

A rescue bunny wouldn't be a bad idea at all :) You know Annie's Macaroni and Cheese? Their mascot is a rescued rabbit.

with a flemish, there's no guessing at how their personality is.

GET A FLEMISH!

No Doubt! You definitely can rely on the Flemish'spersonality to be everything that people have said in thisthread.

-Carolyn

I know Flemmish are wonderful rabbits, and count myself among their fans, but I would like to play devil's advocate :cool:

Rescue and shelter rabbits often get the shaft because it's believedthat their temperments are "unpredictable". Sure, I guess if you want arabbit that is going to be 100% predictable, then maybe a shelter bunnyisn't the best choice. But the thing I love about rabbits that arerescued, is that you get to watch their personalities emerge. You getto know them, as an individual. Believe me, it doesn't take toolong before you are completely in love.

Where wouldwe be without thecheeky buns? Without the devious, mischevious buns? Without the Shermans ;)?

And it's not like all shelter rabbits have these personality "flaws".Many, many rabbits are gentle, loving, forgiving, and especially,grateful.

If rabbits are the sensitive, intelligent souls we purport them to be,then it is especially cruel that so many have to languish in shelters.I am not pointing blame. But, as a shelter worker, I would like to seemore organizations (like Rabbits.com) have a mascot that is arescued rabbit. It says a lot about your stance on the currentoverpopulation problem, and is a wonderful example of how "recycled"rabbits can enrich our lives.

Certainly, a good point has been raised that an adopted Heinz 47 would be a wonderful representation of the board.

However :). . .

I feel that the Flemishembodies everything that we love aboutrabbits. The Giants have been described as early as the1500's and their blood runs in many of the modern breeds we havetoday. They are a "rabbit for all purposes" serving as petsas well as historically serving as a food and clothing source and apopular show rabbit world-wide -- a good representation ofthevaried interest ofthis board itself.

What breed do we see most often represented in commercials and moviesworld- wide? Why -- it's the Flemish of course!From "Night of the Lepus" to the more recent mini series "Little Houseon the Prairie", the Flemish has shown it's versatility onceagain.

No other rabbit has the rich history or enduring popularity of the "Fabulous Flemish".

Heck, I'm sold andI don't even have a Flemish LOL

Pam

Flemish Giant website http://www.nffgrb.com/

By the way, I never said anything about therescued rabbit being a "mutt" ;) There are Flemish Giants, as well asother purebredsin shelters too.

I mean, look at this sweet girl:Blossom

Im Notso sureA rescue Bunny wouldreally be the bestchoice for a mascott . Let me try andexplain why .

Im still sitting herewith 17 rescue bunnies andstill have a lot of the babiesfrom the previous litters , Theyare really allHard to find homes for ,They are older rabbits, somewith very hatefull attitudesand really cant be adoptedout , their only fateupon adoption would be as a meatrabbit or snake food ,Now as Far as I am concernedthey will live out their lives hereI dont mindthe extramoney, and love and occasionalbites and beatings I take fromthese guys on a dailey basis ,Now I can already hear the voicesof protest but please think about thisfor a minute , .

To have a cross bred rabbit as amascot would be very close topromoting cross breeding andhomeless rabbits , Making Myfight to Put an endto this practice almost void, DoNot get me wrong I lovemy cross bred Rabbits very much, they all have their own perks anddownfalls , but to have them as amascot would certainly go againstreversing a nasty trend.

This is just my opinion , Butplease take all arguments into concideration .

Yes, you are right gypsy. But, it is alsoanother myth that shelter animals are all mutts or cross-bred. Thereare many, many purebred rabbits in shelters :)

I am notDisputing that all shelter animalsare not Mutts or crossbreeds I have 2 or 3Full bred rabbitsmyself that were cast offs ,Bailey (dwarf Lop ), Janie (Standard Chinchilla ), Stubbyand Nubbins both PureBred Mini Dutch . All Iam saying is It wouldpromote ( delcately ? ) Cast Offs , Ohcrap Never Mind Ilost the Point .

No, I think I understand what you are saying. Ifthey adopt a cross-bred, it might encourage people to cross-breed. (orit could encourage them to adopt ;)) What I'm saying is, no onehas suggested that a rescued rabbit mascot has to be cross-bred :cool:

Latest posts

Back