What breed of rabbit should be the new RO mascot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbits

Reaction score
I can't stand to see our mascot's cage empty,and we've been talking to a few people about what kind of rabbit wouldbest represent RO as our new mascot. Carolyn is lobbying very heavilyfor a Flemish. Since I value your opinion so much, what do you think?

rabbits wrote:
Carolyn is lobbying very heavily for a Flemish. Since Ivalue your opinion so much, what do you think?
Definitely a flemish. Yep. Flemish rule!

Peg

I'm a relative newcomer, but I must say thatFlemishes seem to be the most visibly and/or vociferouslyrepresented. If the new mascot isn't a New Zealand (which isjust my very biased preference ;D ), I vote for a Flemmie! :D

?Agreed on the? Flemish. Sems Everyone? has?gotten? Flemmi? fever? lol. I? do? believe? it? is? the? Best?representative? of? our? forum, Kind,? Loving,? Laid? back.

I would have to say Flemish also. Theyare an awesome breed. They are very loving. I always say that a to aFlemish there are no strangers, just friends they haven't met yet. Ireally hope you get one.

Tina

Plus a Flemish will not only put up with a this but enjoy it...

GreatEye.jpg

LetsGo.jpg

WatchingJer2.jpg

I'm going to have to say....FLEMISH!!!!

However if a flemmie is too big, which is understandable, I'd like to vote for a mini rex.

Jen

Wow, I didn't really think there would be thatmuch Ra-ra for the Flemish. Of course, Blue's cage (he was a mini-rex)will just not do. Now we have a whole new set of expenses. I need somegood reasons to make my husband see this way (outside of the fact thatat the conventions that we go to, they are his favorite breed).

:)You can trust them with children of all ages.

:)Their personalities are consistant, loving, and calm.

:)They're hysterical to watch, and they feed off of your loveand laughter by playing into it when they do something to make youlaugh.

:)They're not moody.

:)Haven't heard of one that is a biter yet. You can trust them implicitly.

:)As big as they get, they never grow up. They're your "baby" and they'll always behave as such.

:)They're are sensitive to the emotions of those that they love.

:)They'll put up with more than most breeds will...see Tina's pictures above.

:)They're big hits wherever they go, they enjoy theattention, and you'll love the reactions you get from people about them.

:)They are always glad to see you and eager to benear you and yours.

:)Their warm in the winter, sit on your feet and keep themtoasty; andcool in the summer, when they binky, it's likehaving a fan in the room.

:)They love Love.

:)Many of them are kissers.

:)They're fascinating to watch.

:)They get very excited when you baby talk them and give them praise.

:)They're not bullies with other rabbits and often get along harmoniously with other pets.

You can find a good size dog cage at yard sales and flea markets. I found a bunch of them on ebay.

Tell your hubby that Flemish are extremely loyal and devoted totheir people. You can take them anywhere and they adapt to newsituations pretty quickly. Apollo will be in a semi truck this summerseeing the country with our family.

Flemish tend to get along well with other pets and animals.

Apollo follows me around the house like a little puppy lol. Hehas to be where I am. They are awesome with kids of all ages. There isa two year old at Jer's baseball games that loves and pets Apollo andhe'll follow her for more pets.

They are laid back and mellow. But the Flemish Binkies are asight to behold:shock::shock:. They are bigger but really not any moreexpensive to keepthan a smaller rabbit.

I SOOOO hope you get one.

Tina

rabbits wrote:
Ineed some good reasons to make my husband see this way (outside of thefact that at the conventions that we go to, they are his favoritebreed).

'Nuff said!

Don't let the cage issue get you down. You can get a brandnew dog cage for $60. It is an extra cost, but WellWorth it in the end for the personality and the love you'll get back,from this very appropriately nicknamed, "GentleGiant."

-Carolyn

(My favorite Apollopicture)

MostAwesome.jpg

Proof of how they are with children...

Look.jpg

and last, but not least, my Baby: Cali, whom I adopted from a member of this forum who lives in California.

dajeti2 wrote:
They are bigger but really not any more expensive tokeepthan a smaller rabbit.

Tina

I can attest to that. Good points, Tina!

-Carolyn

My first reaction was to choose a mixed breed as a representative for all rabbits. Now, after all the pro-Flemish rhetoric above, I must admit the breed does "present" the "essence ofrabbit" all in one package. It is the most "rabbity" rabbit I have ever have the pleasure to know!

Flemish.

Buck

Could any mascot be more fitting?

"A giant rabbit representing a giant forum"

Pam

(Does anyone think Buck will be adding a Giant to his family soon?)

Latest posts

Back