What book are you reading right now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
I'm always looking for new books and new authors, so I'd love to hear what everyone is reading..

I'm reading

Saving Fish From Drowning - Amy Tan

It's ok, but my least favorite of all the books she's written sofar. Slow at the beginning and never really grabsyou. I'm about 1/2 way through it, but still not reallycommitted.

Please add - and keep posting when you start a new book!

_________
Nadia

I just finished:

The Cure for Death by Lightening

and

The Street Lawyer (John Grisham)

I enjoyed them both, although nothing extraordinary.

Saving Fish from Drowning was also my least favorite Amy Tan. I read the Kitchen God's wife last year and really enjoyed that.

Im reading Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night. Plus I just picked up Shopaholic and Baby (Im a huge Sophie Kinsella fan).

I just finished Eragon and Eldest. I'd say theywere pretty good, it has a very unique view on the world of magic andfantasy things in general.

The movie did not do it justice in the least bit. Whoever wrote thatmovie script sohuld be shot. It was a pathetic attempt, an they made itinto a kid's movie. I hate it whent hey do that. What about all thethousands or people who enjoyet he book just he way it was? And you hadto go and dumb it down for kids? Kids have enough movies of their ownto watch thank you.
The acting was awful, also.

I'm going book shopping again today.

I also just read VAMPED by David Sosnowski. By far one of the bestbooks i've ever read. IF you enjoy comedy or vampiric novels, read it.Because it was amazing. It takes place in a time where the world ispretty much entirely vampires. No humans. Vampires go to work, church,buy groceries (artificially made blood) and even have pets. They liveour lives, basically. Humans are grown in farms and bought by the rich.
The story is of a vampire named Marty who discovers a human child onthe streets, covered in her mother's blood. He brings her home with theintention of eating her the following night. But what happens whenMarty becomes attached to the human girl and has to hide her in hisworld?

Great book. The End.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
I just finished Eragon and Eldest. I'd say they were prettygood, it has a very unique view on the world of magic and fantasythings in general.

The movie did not do it justice in the least bit. Whoever wrote thatmovie script sohuld be shot. It was a pathetic attempt, an they made itinto a kid's movie. I hate it whent hey do that. What about all thethousands or people who enjoyet he book just he way it was? And you hadto go and dumb it down for kids? Kids have enough movies of their ownto watch thank you.
The acting was awful, also.
I agree with you 100%. I really enjoyed the books. I was so amped forthe movie. I think I was spoiled after LOTR, Harry Potter, Narnia. Ithought they would have done a good job with Eragon. It was a horriblemovie. I almost walked out. I was so devastated because I had built itup to be this great thing and it was such a dud.

Yeah, they did the same thing with Blood and Chocolate. I was thoroughly disappointed. I wnted to kill someone after that, too.

How can people do this? Imean what'st he freaking point? If the book isso grand and people like it that much...why oh why do you have tochange it so much? Little things are understandable but geez, theentire story was flipped around.

In B&C they made the guy who ends up being her boyfriend intoher uncle. The woman who nearly kills her mother becomes her lovingaunt. whyyyyy? Oh yeah and instead of living somewhere along the eastcoast of the US, she lives in Romania. And I love how everyone inRomania speaks perfect English. Also she likes to jump on walls andstuff whiel she runs. I don't understand.

Ah, I loved Eragon, but have not read Eldestbecause I'm waiting to buy it in softcover. And, I didn't seethe Eragon movie... and now I may not seeing that you guys thought itwas crappy!

I'm reading The Great Gatsby in English class.I love it!

I have to start The Painted Drum for my outside reading book.

right now im reading ( for school) TheCaine Mutiny by Herman Wouk ...its not my favorite because idont really know anything about the navy but it is pretty good..thereare some boring parts that drag on for awhile..but the rest has beengood.. still have alot to read (400pages:shock:).. the movie was reallygood.i had to watch it because i wasnt done reading the book when itwas time to turn in the report..now im going to finish the book...cantjust not finish it:)

before i was reading the caine mutiny i was reading TheElder... book two of eragon books...i really liked it and cant wait tofinish it after i finish the caine mutiny..im about half way througheldest.. ill probably have to starteldest over so i canremember everything...dumb school reports making me stop inthe middle of my story and start another story:X...confusing:?

i also just finished reading The Scarlet letter by NathanielHawthorne.. i liked theplot and everything, but some ofit was hard for me to understand out of the actual book... ifound myself reading sparknotes alot:embarrassed: (it was also a schoolreport)

one of my favorite series is the Love Comes Soflty Series by Janette Oke ..the movies are also pretty good

My opinion on Scarlet Letter: it would have made a GREAT short story... the novel is just too long for the plot.

I am reading Empty promises by Ann Rulle, i lovetrue crime!! James patterson is my fave foction writer and ihave jst finished The beach house by him

meh ok - just finished Saving Fish From Drowning... was kinda painful.

Now I am reading... Marley and Me. It's been on the bestseller list forever, so I figure it's worth a shot...

And I'm also reading The Tipping Point (Malcolm Gladwell).

I always do 1 fiction and 1 non-fiction at the same time (although Iguess now I am doing 2 non-fictions...). I just finished TheWorld Is Flat - good book.

_______
Nadia

Right now I have to read Macbeth for school,it's killing me, I hate it so much. What's the point in reading a bookwhen you don't understand any of the words in it?:(

I used to read all the time, but recently I've sorta stopped...guess Idon't have as much time as used too. And they closed down ourlibrary:(. But there is one book I'm really looking forward too andthat's Harry Potter 7:D. Only a few more months now!! Hehe

I am looking forward to HP7 too. They justclosed down the bookstore where I work, so I am going to have to orderit online. I was really looking forward to the midnight party too. :(

I am reading The Zombie Survuval Guide, again. You never can be too prepared for when the dead walk the earth. :cool:

I just finished The Stupidest Angel, by Christopher Moore, it is funny.You can't go wrong with an Xmas story with zombies though.

~Star~

missyscove wrote:
My opinion on Scarlet Letter: it would have made a GREATshort story... the novel is just too long for the plot.

yeah it really was...i couldnt stay interested init...butwhen i readthe sparknotes it wasreally good

HoneyPot wrote:
meh ok - just finished Saving Fish From Drowning... was kinda painful.
Some customers came back and told me that thebook sucked.

Michaela, there is a version called Shakespear Made Easy. It has the"traditonal" version and on the opposite page, it has it translatedinto modern english. You might go to Amazon, or to your local bookstoreand pick up a copy, if it is really hard for you to understand. I findthat watching a movie version also helps, since you can see the contextof what they are saying and the emotion of it. I reallylikedShakespear in High School,andIevenplayed Hamlet (I got tocrossdress and have an awesome mustache and goatee!)

I mostly read comic books, my favorites are...

DarkKnight Returns, 300, Sin City, The Goon, Preacher, Bone(1300pages!), and Fables(I only read uptotradepaperback #4)

I love reading, I always have. This is the topic for me!

~Star~

Latest posts

Back