What book are you reading right now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I put off the Isabel Allende book for themoment. I decided I needed to finish a couple of the bookssitting on my shelf first before starting the Daughter of Fortune.

Ijust read Ya Yas in Bloom (the 3rd of the Ya Ya Sisterhoodbooks). Was enjoyable... I really enjoyed all the Ya YaSisterhood books. Fun to read.

I think I'll try to suffer through that Mariam Toews book.. "AComplicated Kindness". The reason i say suffer is because Ihave started reading it about 5 times now and just can't get past page25. I really need to get it off my night table though, so Iam going to read that next.

Steph - what kind of books does Jodi Picoult write?

I found a Complicated Kindness notbad but not memorable.

Jodi Picoult picks very interesting subjects, in my opinion. One book Iread was about two sisters, one had a form of lukemia, and the othersister was conceived to provide blood, bone marrow etc for her sister.Another one I read was about the murder of a baby in a small amishvillage, another was about a suicide pact. 19 minutes is about a highschool shooting.

Right now I am reading Uncle Tom's Cabin for school. It has been pretty good so far.

I am also working on Sense & Sensibility (and havebeen for the last few months). It is pretty good, but moves a littlebit slowly. And I have been too busy to readmuch.

I just finished reading The Scarlet Letter for school. Itwas an excellent book. I really enjoyed it. I read the last fiveor six chapters in one sitting. It was so good I couldn't put it down.

I just finished The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood
bySyMontgomery and I really liked it! (and cried at the end. Myboyfriend thought I was nuts.)

For those of you struggling with high school reading, I'm a CreativeWriting minor in college and took advanced literature courses for thepast few years. For those difficult books you don't understand, readthe Cliffnotes with it-http://www.cliffsnotes.com/. Ithelps explain the stories and can give you a quick summary in case youfall behind. There's also sparknotes.com.

Don't tell your teachers I told you to only read the cliff notes! They're there to HELP the book not replace... :D

OK for the 25th time I'm reading a book calledMarley and Me! It is sad,happy,tearjerking laughter! This is the bestbook I've ever read!!!

I'll have to pick up Marley and Me.

19 minutes is quite depressing and I'm having a hard time finishing it.

Im hoping Philippa Gregory "The Boelyn Inheritance" will come in at the library soon. I love her Henry VIII books.

I'm actually in the middle of Daughter of Fortune (I put down A Complicated Kindness... again).

It's really good!! I'm enjoying it. I also picked up one of Jodi Picoult's books - The Other daughter.

Wasn't Marley and Me good? I don't own a dog and I imagine it's even better for someone that's a dog owner.

Well I finally got around to go to my Aunt andUncle's and borrowed Marley and Me off her today, so I'm going to startreading it tonight. Can't wait. Heard great thingsabout it.

I just finished reading Toxin by Robin Cook.It's a medical mystery about E coli. It definately kept myattention. I'll probably get another one of his books when Iget to the library.

I've just started reading "Emergency AnimalRescue Stories" by Terri Crisp. I read her first one a few years ago(Out Of Harm's Way) and it was such a tear-jerker! The reviews on thebook I'm now reading haven't been as great as the first one, but so farI am enjoying it. (btw, it's true stories of animal rescues, written bythe woman who founded 'EARS' (Emergency Animal Rescue Service). They gointo towns that have been ravaged by fire, floods, tornadoes, etc. andtry and save all of the pets that have been left behind by theirowners.)

I've been on a book reading blow-out lately :D 15 books in the past month.

At the moment I'm readingTheChosen, though I should be done with that in another day or so.Amazing book, highly recommend it. Then I think I'll move on toAtlasShrugged (with a little Terry Pratchett on the side ;)).

I'm also readingTheTeenage Liberation Handbook along with my brother. Great book ifyou're looking to challenge everything you've ever been taught aboutlearning :thumbup Stephen wants to give it to all of his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just read Mama Day for my Englishclass and I loved it.There are a lot ofreferences/similarities to some of Shakespeare's works, but you wouldntknow it if you werenta fan. Its such a good book!

I just finished "The Boelyn Inheritance" by Philippa Gregory.

I just couldn't put it down, so good.

I would definitely recommend reading the Philippa Gregory books in this sequence:

The Constant Princess

The Other Boelyn Girl

The Boelyn Inheritance

The Virgin's Lover

I am now on to Anna Quindlen's "Rise and Shine".

I JUST finished Daughter of Fortune (got really busy and didn't have time to read a lot in the last while).

It was SO good!! Jordiwes - I really enjoyed it, I'm going tohave to get another of her books now! You said Zorro was alsogood?

I'm going to *try* to read that stupid Mariam Towes book AGAIN... butwhen that fails (because I suspect it will again), I'm going to startA Suitable Boy. I've had it for a while, but it weighsabout 10 thousand pounds, so I have not read it yet...

Edit: Steph, I LOVE period books, so I am totally going to get one of the Phillipa Gregory ones to start reading them.

I just finished Vector by Robin Cook...WONDERFUL!!

I'm now reading Invasion by Robin Cook. :D

Latest posts

Back