Wendell the Wandering Wabbit's Travel Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitelop, Wendell is still with Brenda unless she mailed him off and forgot to tell me. I am going to send her a PM. Christmas is such a busy time, isn't it?! Hopefully he will get to Katie in Washington before Christmas!

Ilovemyrabbit, this is the pattern I used for Wendell: I changed it slightly and added more rows to his head and limbs. His head would have been shaped like an egg on its side otherwise: http://veryberryhandmade.co.uk/my-crochet-patterns/big-ears-bunny-crochet-pattern/

Chrisdoc, I got your PM and will add you to the list when you send me your address. I'm so glad you like his blog!

Just looked at the pattern and it´s fab...only thing is I can´t crochet. Will have to translate it and get my friend to do it for me.

Have already sent my address and as they say, if it´s worth anything, it´s worth waiting for.

Will continue to follow Wendell´s adventures.

He should be with Katie tomorrow or Wednesday

Maybe Wendell can be auctioned off to RO members after he retires and the money can go to a rescue :)

Ilovemyrabbit, PLEASE share a photo! I would love to see it! Nice pattern, isn't it? Wendell took me something like 18 hours to make, hopefully yours didn't take as long. I have crocheted MUCH larger stuffed animals before and they took less time than he did, it's odd.

And Brenda, thanks for the update! And I agree, auctioning Wendell off is a great idea! Good thinking :) I will miss him but that's okay, better to raise money for a rescue or something else constructive like that.

My iphone is missing, so I can't take any pictures of my crocheted rabbit with that, but I do have a camera with a missing USB cord, but I will buy a new USB cord online soon. So when I buy it I will definitely share a photo. And yes it is a nice pattern. It took me maybe 5-6 hours to crochet him.

Thanks for the pattern!

Oh, if handy people could make Wendall replicas then we can all buy one and make loads of money for homeless bunnies. I would certainly buy one since I don't have the skills to make one. :idea

I used a photo from Wendall's visit to fix up for my holiday card. Here is Wendall looking extra dapper. :)

Christmas Card.jpg

Last edited:
Brandy, I meant to say that I LOVE the picture you included in your Christmas cards! What an adorable surprise to spy little Wendell in the photo :D

I Heart Fraggles, if we had enough interest, I could see doing something like that :) MixBook or something for the book and I would have to get busy for the crocheted part.

Just thought I'd update- Wendell has arrived safely in Tacoma in time for Christmas, hooray! Katie, would you care to share Wendell's Christmas plans? :)

Hello everyone! Wendall the Christmas Wabbit here :)
I am here in Washington state and boy is it wet...
It has rained none stop since I arrived.
I am here with Katie, Fraggles and Miss. Muppet
Sadly I did not recieve a warm welcome from Fraggles who gave me two quick sniffs and then a rather sever foot flicking. She wants nothing more to do with me.
Miss. Muppet was rather confused by me as well but my host says she has some disablities and is easialy confused....
However I am having an amazing Christmas her in Belfair Washington.
Let me share some of the excitement with you.

12-12 027.jpg
Here I am sitting in a lovely tree.

I tried on a pretty bow

This stocking was very cozy

Attachments

• 12-12 035.jpg
    12-12 035.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 12-12 099.jpg
    12-12 099.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
After my tour it was time for Christmas dinner.

I got to meet yet another turkey. hmmmmm

A lovely Christmas feast

But I very politely explained I am a vegan.....

My host family was prepared for that :)

12-12- 003.jpg

12-12- 005.jpg

12-12- 004.jpg

Well after a very exciting Christmas, this wabbit is all tuckered out and ready for a good night sleep.
But don't worry friends I will be back with more adventures....

Happy holidays to all of you
Wendall Wabbit

12-12 028.jpg

Last edited:
Wendell it looks like you had a GREAT Christmas with Katie and family! I'm happy you had such a wonderful time! Looks like everyone had a nice time and a good meal!

The picture of Twinkle in the Butterscotch the pony box made me laugh so hard! That is so funny and such a great picture.
Also, that is HUGE turkey. It looked delicious!

Back