Weird behavior I haven't seen before

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NekoOtome

Reaction score
So my rabbit usually isn't the cuddly type, but today he let me give him light scratches on the back. When I moved down and gave him scratches on his side (right by the ribs) he turned his head back and bobbed it up and down as if he was grooming the air. He didn't seem to be hurting and after about 10 seconds he just kinda moved on and continued as before. He's done this twice today when I scratched him there and I'm wondering what it is. Can rabbits be ticklish?

When I rub a certain spot on Trix's jaw, she lifts her paw on the same side I rub. I don't know if that's ticklish, but it's possible.

It sounds like he liked what you were doing.

When I scratch or groom my rabbits back end area, he feels the need to obsessively groom anything near his face: himself, the floor, or his bunny buddy. It sounds like this might be what your bun is doing, but he just didn't have anything in front of his face to groom, so he groomed the air :p. Try putting your other hand there next time and see what he does.

Yeah he groomed the closet door too when I tried it again. When he was done he came over and groomed my hair for a bit. I'm glad other people's buns have this behavior, I'll just assume I itched a really good scratch and he's just returning the favor

Latest posts

Back