We will be California bound within a couple of days, so.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful photos! Ido know that there is a lot of beautiful scenery there, just as thereis in Florida. But I don't know that there is enough there to overcomemy other "hangups"!!! The first time I stayed with a friendin the LA area. He was very close to North Hollywood. The only time Isaw anything beautiful was one day when we took a drive down the coastto the San Diego area.

The next time I went it was only for two days for my son's graduationfrom the Marines. That was in San Diego. It was beautiful there, butstill too crowded, fast paced/busy and high strung of a place for thisgirl! I will say though, as much as I love my gardening, Ithoroughlyenjoyed all the tropical plants.

I'm just not accustomed to a place where everything is such an ordeal.It seems like even stopping somewhere to grab a bite to eat or pumpinggas was a major event. I'm beginning to sound like a hayseed aren'tI??? :?

Raspberry

heh...I'm New England born and raised. We don'tknow the meaning of the word slow ;), which totally rubs againstmy personality style. So I guess for me, Cali was a refreshing changeof pace.

But I do know people who have been to, and live in, L.A. and San Diego(dad grew up there, in fact) and they all say that those citiesare certainly not appealing to visitors. Everyone who's been to L.A.(that I know of) has hated it.

*thinks* I love the snow I love the snow I lovethe snow.... AHH Who am i joking??? I WANT WARRRRMMM!!! I would go backto Arizona (i went on vacation to visit family) ina heartbeat... Might be to hot for bunnies though, so I stay here :)

Danielle,

I loved yoursong!

Ernestine's homesickness has hit. :( Poor girl.

Last night, she kept jumping on topof her Dad's bunnytoolboxkit.It was Cali's time out andCali and I were sitting in the living room watching t.v. when I heardthis banging coming all about. Ran over toher andshewas sopanicky that she was running in circles asfast as she could around her cage.Ipickedher up, and although her heartbeatseemed okay, her eyes werebulging and she was clearly very upset.

Cali was right by my side, andI had to put her back in hercage with Ernestine in my arms.Ernestinestayedin my arms for at least 1/2 hour as I tried to reassureher everything was okay.I then figured itwas a good time to put her down and let her get her exercise and see ifher exploring would help.

Not! She started thumping every foot sheran to, andshe returned immediately to the state of mind she was in priorto. I picked herback up and put her inthetravel cage that Califlew in on, put a towel inthere, some hay and water, put her inmy bedroom where it wasdark and quiet, and let her be. The borrowing helped her torelax and she couldn't thrash so much that she'd runintosomething and hurt herself. (Youallremember what happened with Apollo - poorguy.)

I don't know what set her off, butI kept her inthetravel cage all night and she was fine. Buck andThe Missus called and I had them talk to her. When the Missusspoke to her, she settled her little behind into the towel more andclosed her eyes. When Buck spoke to her, her ears were up,she was sitting up and when I had taken the phoneback to tellher she was listening to him,it was the first time she cameto the front of the cage because she obviously wanted to heardaddy'svoice one more time.

She seemsokay today. I've put towels over the topof her cage to create the feeling of security for her. Sheseems to be responding to it.

-Carolyn

Wow- this is makes me think about what willhappen to the rabbits when we go to VA and leave the neighbor to watchthem. I didn't know rabbits know voices and such. Hm-*thinks* stay home? go on vaca?... Daddy maybe we should make the tripto Carolyn and leave her with all 7.... hahaha!!

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
Daddy maybe we should make the trip to Carolyn and leave herwith all 7.... hahaha!!

In all seriousness though,I'd strongly recommend you givethem all a piece of clothing or something that has your smell onit.That will help.

Yes, I'm now in touch with Buck and the Missus and it looks likethey'll be calling east just so that their little girl can hear theirvoices.

Who would've thought?!

-Carolyn

Poor Ernestine. My heart goes out to her.Carolyn I am so glad and relieved you were able to get before like yousaid she hurt herself like Apollo.

It is amazing how much they miss us when we are gone. Anythingmore than a days excursion Apollo has to come. He will quit eating andjust sit bunnyloafed in the back of his cage.

I will be keeping the little sweetheart in my prayers. Thank goodness Auntie Carolyn was there.

Tina

Ernestine's doing really well, thanks for the thoughts and prayers for her.

:)

-Carolyn

There really is something to this. Whenmy husband passed Sherman began acting out really bad. Itoccurred to me that he missed his "daddy" and so I placed an item of myhusband's clothing in his cage with him. He calmed down fromthat point on and has been doing fairly well since then.

Carolyn and I justdiscussed this last night. We used to do this for our children whenthey were babies. My 17 year old daughter still asked to have myperfume sprayed on her pillow when she had to go stay atoutof town at her father's for two weeks during the summer when she was14! SLG sleeps with one of my nighties sometimes and she often wears adab of my perfume to school if she's having a "rough" morning.

BunnyMommy, that touched my heart tothink about Sherman missing his Daddy and that you found such a lovingway to help him get through it. ;)

Raspberry

Carolyn wrote:
Inall seriousness though,I'd strongly recommend you give themall a piece of clothing or something that has your smell onit.That will help.

-Carolyn

After discussing everything and taking several circumstances intoconsideration, I've made the decision to stay home when the family goesto VA on vacation.

I haven't decided if I'll work that week. Maybe half days or something like that.

I'll use the money that we would have given to the sitter and I'll bysome new (larger) cages and material to do some renovations to theBunnie Room.

After hearing the Ernestine-missing-Daddie story, I don't think I couldbear thinking about seven little bunnie noses stuck through the cageswaiting for me every morning to come be with them.

That is very touching Raspberry, BunnyMommy.

When we went away for two days, our rabbits didn't seem to care ornotice. Figures! Of course, I think any longer and they'd miss us. Ihave no idea what we'll do when we have to go to VT to get my stuff.

Btw, m.e. I know what you mean about not being slow with anything. Oneof my adjustments to Canada, they are very laid back compared to us NewEnglanders. :p

JimD wrote:
Afterhearing the Ernestine-missing-Daddie story, I don't think I could bearthinking about seven little bunnie noses stuck through the cageswaiting for me every morning to come be with them.
This brings tears to my eyes! What athoughtful bunny Daddy you are! :)

Just wondering whereSingleBunny Mommies can findgreat Bunny Daddies likeyou???

You're the BEST Jim! :dude:

Raspberry

JimD wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
In allseriousness though,I'd strongly recommend you give them all apiece of clothing or something that has your smell onit.That will help.

-Carolyn
After discussing everything and taking several circumstances intoconsideration, I've made the decision to stay home when the family goesto VA on vacation.

I haven't decided if I'll work that week. Maybe half days or something like that.

I'll use the money that we would have given to the sitter and I'll bysome new (larger) cages and material to do some renovations to theBunnie Room.

After hearing the Ernestine-missing-Daddie story, I don't think I couldbear thinking about seven little bunnie noses stuck through the cageswaiting for me every morning to come be with them.

What a shame for your family not to have you with them,Jim. Can't believe you're giving up your vacationto Virginia. You're crazy! Ernestine has settled inquite a bit. We both miss Buck and The Missusthough.

Is it that you're trying to guilt-trip me or someoneas abunnysitter or you really just can't bear the thought of being awayfrom a bag of WoodyPet thatlong?

-Carolyn

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
This brings tears to my eyes! What athoughtful bunny Daddy you are! :)

Just wondering whereSingleBunny Mommies can findgreat Bunny Daddies likeyou???

You're the BEST Jim! :dude:

Raspberry
Thanks, but I'm really not all that ya know.:D

Carolyn wrote:
Whata shame for your family not to have you with them,Jim. Can't believe you're giving up your vacationto Virginia. You're crazy! Ernestine has settled inquite a bit. We both miss Buck and The Missusthough.

Is it that you're trying to guilt-trip me or someoneas abunnysitter or you really just can't bear the thought of being awayfrom a bag of WoodyPet thatlong?

-Carolyn
I was planning on bringing a bag along....just in case. Ya never know!

Actually I would need to drive back 3 days early because of the dog.Unfortunately we can only find someone to watch her until thatThursday, which means I would have to drive home on Wednesday. With mybad back, the driving, and all of the walking, I'm afraid that itwouldn't be much of a vacation for me. It's a trip to Williamsburg andwe've been there a few times already. I'm sure the family will stillhave a good time.

Besides...what better place to have a vacation than "Land-O-Bunnies"!

How are Buck & the Missus doing??

Carolyn wrote:
Buck andThe Missus called and I had them talk to her. When the Missus spoke toher, she settled her little behind into the towel more and closed hereyes. When Buck spoke to her, her ears were up, she was sitting up andwhen I had taken the phone back to tell her she was listening to him,it was the first time she came to the front of the cage because sheobviously wanted to hear daddy's voice one more time.

She seems okay today. I've put towels over the top of her cage tocreate the feeling of security for her. She seems to be responding toit.

You're such a good Aunty Carolyn!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back