Water bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Penny's original owner was using a small water bottle.. the kind you'd use for a hamster. I've purchased 3 different water bottles in the past month and she will ONLY drink from her original tiny bottle! What gives?!?!?!?! :panic:

She always ends up nibbling and chewing on the metal end while trying to drink from it for herself. She'll drink from the new bottles when I hold them and give them a bit of a squeeze.. I guess the water just doesn't come out fast enough for her?

Are there certain bottle types that are easier for bunnies to use?

Is there a way to make the bottles that she bites and tugs on work better for her?

Are there tricks to making them stay hooked on the cage? The stupid hamster bottle ALWAYS falls or tilts... it comes with a "U" shape hook.

Please help =(

I think that some brands are easier for the rabbit to drink from than others. There is one "no drip" brand that has a wire in it instead of a ball and it's next to impossible for a rabbit to drink from it. Have you considered trying a bowl. I use lock-on crocks for all my bunnies. They securely attach to the side of the pen so the bunny can't spill or throw them.

The one I have is really cool because it has more of a pin that the rabbit wiggles around and the water drips out. I use the bottle on the inside of her house where she sleeps at night. I also give her a bowl of water in her play pen. She has access to both all the time, but I want her to have water easily available incase she wakes up at night and wants a drink. :)

MiniLopHop wrote:
The one I have is really cool because it has more of a pin that the rabbit wiggles around and the water drips out. I use the bottle on the inside of her house where she sleeps at night. I also give her a bowl of water in her play pen. She has access to both all the time, but I want her to have water easily available incase she wakes up at night and wants a drink. :)
That sounds like the bottle I had a problem with. The pin was so stiff the rabbits couldn't get any water.

Latest posts

Back