Warts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
Frenchie has developed what looks like"moles/warts". He has always had lumpy ears (bumps under theskin) but, now the "lumps" are growing into "moles". Oneactually looks like a mushroom!!! He is going in on Monday tohave one removed for Biopsy. Any ideas? My Vetnever saw anything like this. Charlotte

Rabbits can contract a papilloma virus whichcauses warts and they can become hardened ... but I've only ever heardof it happening to wild rabbits ... its what started the notion of thejackalope..

..here we go found it ... cottontail rabbit papillomavirus is what itscalled and cidofovir is used to treat them.. oh oh and its also callledShope papillomavirus too ..

Hope Frenchie is okay!!

jack4.jpg

ugh.. shoulda put a disclaimer on that picture FM.
:shock:

Hi Charlotte, glad to see you posting again my Friend .

He may have a viral infection , not wartsperse', it also could be a skin fungus ,I knew ewwwww , but it happens ,it could also be a natural occurance of Yeast build up ..Please do let us know what it turns out to be ,I will be very interested to hear , justin case one of my weirdo's decides to pull it on me .

Lissa wrote:
OMG!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT RABBIT?!:bigtears:
Lissa this happenswhen the Paplomia virus runs rampant, it generally onlyhapppens out west, but there have been cases oofit reported in NH , Manine and Vt. Im notsure if NY has had any known cases of it . If I remember whatI read this virus generally is fatal ,as it will grow around the mouth andthe rabbit cant eat .

Hi, It doesn't look like Shope, either. Wish I could find where hubby "lost" the camera!!
These lumps/bumps/growths are smoothe."Yeast"? Could be. Vet also found that he mighthave a cataract. Keeping on "eye" on this, too_Otherwise, he's healthy and still gets into trouble!!

Do they appear to be cyst-like in appearance? Will be very interested in hearing what the vet comes up with.

Pam

gypsy wrote:
Lissa wrote:
OMG!! WHAT ISWRONG WITH THAT RABBIT?! :bigtears:
If I rememberwhat I read this virus generally is fatal, as it will grow around the mouth andthe rabbit cant eat .

Poor thing! I hope it takes the rabbit's life quickly. Breaks my heart to see this.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you, dootsmom, and any poor rabbitssuffering from the disease above and what your little guy is goingthrough.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Hope Frenchie's biopsy comes out clear...but that you get some answers.

As for that pic it looks like something out of a star wars movie...youknow the bar scene! Wow I can't imagine...wonder if that ispainful...not that I want to find out!

Good luck doots keep us posted.

Shannon and the gang

WOW Charoltte ,that is so totally not what I expected to see . Ifthey were not pinkish / red I would say possibly atick or more , but the color is verywrong . and it doesnt look like thepapalomia virus either , this one is a stumper forme . I have never seen this before and willbe curiouse to see what it turns out tobe .

Thats not yeast either , TellFrenchie stop pulling up weird bumps forus to scratch our heads over . wow.:shock:

Latest posts

Back