Wanted To Share My Art Work,Tell Me What You Think!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kel4mum wrote:
Photo-0293.jpg

This one is called Friendship
Out of your pictures, this one if my favourite!
:goodjob

~Xeblic

I like the balloon collages very much") Now, can you make me a balloon giraffe?;) [I'm sure people ask you to make them dogs or animals a lot of the time...:D]

How long will the balloons retain their air? Do you shellac them?

kirsterz09 wrote:
yes i'm interested! I'd love to see them! I've looked at the Capel Manor website the course looks really good but it's a way away from me :( I wish there was one nearer.

005.jpg

This is a heart pedestal with a bride and groom centrepiece.

001.jpg

This is a small Santa. I have made one of these for a local school that was six foot high.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
I like the balloon collages very much") Now, can you make me a balloon giraffe?;) [I'm sure people ask you to make them dogs or animals a lot of the time...:D]

How long will the balloons retain their air? Do you shellac them?

LOL, :pYes I get asked that a lot. Unfortunately I am not a balloon twister, thereare courses for that but I only covered twisting for the basics, such as making arms and legs for sculptures.

Air filled Latex balloons can last for weeks and weeks but they get smaller over time.

Helium filled Latex balloons can last for 4/5weeks if filled with High float, otherwise they only last a few days. Helium filled foil balloons last for 3/4 weeks.

Shellac them?? If you mean do I put a shine on them, then no I don't, but I would if it was for competition. It makes them last longer and looks better.

Thank you for your wonderful comments.:biggrin2:

I haven't touched a balloon for nearly a year. This makes me want to do it again.

Make with the balloon bunnies!

(I sense an auction here, Minda, but have no idea how we would ship it :p LOL!)

You must have nerves of steel... how often do they pop on you? Those little balloons are very cute :)

Kel4mum wrote:
LOL, :pYes I get asked that a lot. Unfortunately I am not a balloon twister, thereare courses for that but I only covered twisting for the basics, such as making arms and legs for sculptures.

OMG, there is actually specialties, LOL!! I really need to google this and find out more.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Kel4mum wrote:

OMG, there is actually specialties, LOL!! I really need to google this and find out more.

Twister also have Balloon Jams that they can attend, they are basically competitions.

I have been to a couple of exhibitions and competitions in England, and the sculptures are amazing.

http://www.wcebac.com/competitionRules.html

This is an example of what is required to enter these competitions, and if you google balloon sculptures, there will be many pics that put mine to shame...lol

I'm becoming more amazed all the time. I have a lot more respect for the people who create balloon sculptures and the balloon twisters that you see at different events.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I'm becoming more amazed all the time. I have a lot more respect for the people who create balloon sculptures and the balloon twisters that you see at different events.
Thank you, I too have loads of respect for all those Balloon Artists, sharing this has made me want to pick up my pump again......Thanks:D

Latest posts

Back