waiting on babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Holland,

My heart truly goes out to you. I'd be feeling the same thingand fighting not putting him down because he is precious.

Don't feel rushed into making a decision. The answer willcome to you. You don't have to do anything you don't want toor are ready to do.

In the meantime, love him up along with the others for me.

-Carolyn

Have you seen this article yet? It talks about treating splay leg.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/splayleg.html

You might also be able to find more articles on vetrinary websites.

It's totally up to you, but I know that I've seen splaylegged bunniesin rescues and Basset's elop has splayed hind legs. Dependingon the severity, they can still live happy, fairly normallives. You're biggest concern would be finding a good ownerwho wants to take care of a slightly disabled bunny.

Thanks naturestee! Yes, I did readthat article yesterday, along with all the others. Afterreading it I went out and tried to find a way to put a brace on, theproblem I kept running into was there is not much room backthere, and everything I could find to put on would be rubbing on "his"underside and bottom, I know it said you would have to changefrequently because of them soiling it, but I was also concerned with itrubbing completely raw.

He seems to do okay after he gets his legs under him, but until then he sort of scoots around.

Latest posts

Back