waiting on babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holland wrote:
THEY AREHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My tortdoe had three, but one of them didn't make it, it was huge.My blue tort doe also had three one black or blue and the other twocan't tell yet. Everyone seems to be doing fine. Ithink we probably have a peanut in the blue torts litter, and one ofthe babies from the tort has a scratch on it side so I will be watchingthat.

I'm going to let them rest for a while and I will get some pics tonight. I am so excited I hope they all make it.
Well, I never did get my camera to work right. But I wantedto update everyone. My tort doe lost one of her tworemaining, so we have fosteredthe remaining onetothe blue tort, they all seem to be doing fine so far, and the peanut isstill living. I just don't have the heart to take it away aslong as it still has life.

The babies have changed colors, we have three blue torts, a black and the peanut is a tri-color.

I'm still working on getting my camera to work, and as soon as I do I will post some pics.

Just so you know I'm trying to get some pics upof the babies, and I've not had much luck yet. I'll keepworking on it though.

We are praying that they all make it. One of the torts was fostered, and is the only one left out of a litter of 3.

OMG!!! Look at the lil airplane ears!! ohhhh I love it so much!

attachment.php

As far as I know we will be keeping them, unlessthey are bucks, and then I will have to sell one. One of theladies that helpes us out will be looking at them also.

OMG what cuties! I had to show my mom, she loved them too!
I'd love to see more pics of their progress later on. They grow up so quick!

I will be taking more pics this weekend. hopefully they will be more upright.

I think this one might have splay leg?I've been reading about it, and everything I could find said it'sprobably genetic. What would you do?

Hi holland,

Spoke to Pamnock, she said she'd put it down if it had splayleg. It's a serious genetic condition, wouldn't want to useit in breeding. It's not an easy answer. Depends onif it's a pet, but splay leg is a hard tough thing. There isa site that shows how some make braces for the legs and try to set it,whether or not it's effective, she doesn't know.

They're absolutely beautiful. I wish I could be of more help.

-Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn!! I think I foundevery site I could possibly find about splay leg yesterday, and I readmost of them. After about 5 of them, all of whichsaid pretty much the same thing, I'm still trying to get to apoint to be able to do "that". It's not something I amcomfortable with doing, but I also know that when you are in asituation where something like this comes up you have to make the rightchoice for yourself.

I've had some people tell me to wait until "he's" bigger, maybe hecould support himself, then give him to a good pet home, but what if Iwait that long and it gets worse?Urrrrgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate having to make these decisions- he'sjust so darn cute!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back