waiting on babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holland

Reaction score
I am so frustrated today!!!! I havetwo does, both were due yesterday. I know they can go up to35 days, but their bellies are so big they look like they could justpop.

I put nest boxes in Sunday and they keep digging everything out.

It has been very cool here for the last 3 to 4 days, and I was hopingthey would have them on a cool day, but my luck they will probably waituntil is back up in the 90's. Not that it's a problem but Ijust wanted them born yesterday.

Anyway, I'm just venting. I'm ready for some babies!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: Hollandremember a watched Doe neverKindles lol . she should have them tonight , Didyou count the day off or on for30 to 31 days in the month?

When we first got our bunnies we were told to start the day after they were bred.

I try to only check every hour. Since they both keep taking everythingout of the nest box I worry about babies on the wire. We havehad such bad luck with babies that I want to be there.

I knew hollands were a challenge, but now that we have been at this fora year, I don't want to get rid of them or switch breeds, my girls areso attached to them.

Out of nine litters and 42 babies we have had a total of 15 live, and out of those, possibly 5 that are showable.

Holland,

My last two litters of babies have been at 32 and 33 days both to first

time moms. It is very nerve racking wondering if they are going to use

the nest box so I started filling the whole cage with hay of any doe that

I suspected of not using her nestbox. It gives the babies a chance of

staying warm until you can get to them and set them up in the box.

I also learned the hard way to make sure the cage has baby saver

wire on it.

GOOD LUCK

Roger

We will be on day 33 tomorrow, and there is hayall over the place. I was just really hoping that our coolerweather would put them in the mood to go ahead and have them.

But anyway, I will be checking every hour on the hour until they are here.

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!! They are bothpulling fur and putting hay in the boxes as I type this. NowI just hope everything goes smoothly and we have some gorgeousbabies!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you - keep us updated.

GingerSpice is due tomorrow (lionhead) and its her firstlitter. I know she might go later and I always hatewaiting....but she built her first nest about 10 days ago....then shegot caged again so she's not happy. (She is/was ahouse rabbit).

I hope your nestboxes are full with happy and healthy babies...

Peg

Thank you!!!!!! I'm going out to checkagain, and then they will be here alone for a bit, my daughter has aDr. apt. for school shots. I'm so excited, I'm ready for somenew babies.

THEY AREHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My tortdoe had three, but one of them didn't make it, it was huge.My blue tort doe also had three one black or blue and the other twocan't tell yet. Everyone seems to be doing fine. Ithink we probably have a peanut in the blue torts litter, and one ofthe babies from the tort has a scratch on it side so I will be watchingthat.

I'm going to let them rest for a while and I will get some pics tonight. I am so excited I hope they all make it.

Thank you!!!! I am so excited it seems like it'sbeen foreversince we've had babies around here. Ican't wait until the colors start showing up.

rabbitgirl wrote:
gypsy wrote:
:laugh: Hollandremember a watched Doe neverKindles lol .

I SO need to hear this right now.:p

Rose
Oh me too - GingerSpice is due tomorrow....and she won't letme touch her. I'm still not 100% sure if she's pregnant butshe's much bigger than she was and she's been building nests for 10 or12 days...

I really do need to check her to see if she's really pregnant....butI'm so scared I might hurt her...so I was just waiting it out.

Peg

Well, I went and took pictures, and my camerawent nuts. It won't download the pics off the camera to thecomputer. I don't know what I ended up doing, but I erasedall the pictures, so I will try again tomorrow.

I think instead of a black or blue we might possibly have an opal, and we are hoping for at least one frosty.

Anyway, hopefully things will work better tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back