Waggin' Tails Ranch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a happier note, I bought a new rabbit at the last rabbit show. His name is HHH's Cole, Cole for short, and he's a senior black tort Lionhead buck. Here's some pictures of him:

049.jpg

062.jpg

Also, 3 and a half months left until pygmy goat babies are here if she's pregnant! Cricket, the Arabian horse, has been getting exercised recently and is being ridden again. Also, I've been walking Johnny, the Thoroughbred, every day with the saddle and bridle on. The bridle doesn't have any reigns yet, but I'm getting some soon. He's not in good enough shape to be ridden, but I'm trying to build some muscle on him so I can ride him.

so sorry on all the loos u have had lately but your new but is a nice addition to the family..I hope the goat is preggers they r so adorablee as kids. Nice job on working with the Thoroughbred they r poetry in motion

Thank you. I miss them all so much! =(

I'm waiting to see if Cole will shed out his coat. Right now, the fur on his back is way too long and the break between the mane and the transition wool isn't clear yet. There's a tiny line of wool connecting them that I'm trying to brush out.

I watched a bit of a rodeo yesterday and there was a very tough little girl there! They had people being dragged on a cow hide by a person on horseback: they called it hide racing. This little girl, she looked about 8 years or so, got flipped and was being dragged on her back with the hide on top of her. She held on for as long as possible and then, when she let go before they reached the finish line, she got up and tried again!

My rabbits showed at the Ventura County Rabbit Show on February 20th. Unfortunately I could not go but here are the results:
Show A:
Tulip placed 4th of 8 rabbits in Sr. Broken Mini Lop doe.
Cole placed 1st of 2 rabbits in Sr. Shaded Lionhead buck. This was his first show! The rabbit he beat was his brother, Cody.
Pie placed 1st in Sr. Shaded Jersey Wooly buck and took BOB!

Show B:
Tulip placed 4th again of 8 rabbits.
Cole was disqualified for too much wool.
Pie took his class and BOB again! Still never enough rabbits for a leg though. This time there were only 3 others.

My pygmy goat is almost definately pregnant. She's widening out and here udder is loosening so that means 3 more months and there will be babies running around!

The next show I will be going to is The Great Western Livestock Show in Tulare on March 13 and then another show in the same place on Sunday. They'll show four times! And my pygmy goat wether will be shown on Saturday as well.

Today, I moved the rabbits out of the house and into the barn outside. Finally! No more smell of rabbit in the house! Now they have a barn to themselves. All I have to do is get a cooling system before summer sets in and I'm all set!

The pygmy goat doe is definately pregnant, as she is beginning to develop an udder. 3 months left!

The next show is the Great Western Livestock Show in Tulare next weekend! I just found out though that we have to set the clocks forward an hour before we go to bed on Saturday on the 13th. We're going to be exhausted on Sunday from showing Saturday and then having to get up an hour early!

Fancy77 wrote:
Good luck at the show. How is your goat doing??
Thanks! She's doing pretty good actually. She's put on some much needed weight and is getting nice and round with pregnancy. =D She's also perfectly healthy despite all this cold weather.

She should have them anytime from May 30th to June 9th. I just got my herdname applicatin approval in the mail! That means that when the babies are born, their registered names will be "Waggin' Tails Ranch ___________"(e.g. Brownie,Marcus, or any other name we come up with.) I'm hoping for twins!

Thanks!

Ok, here are the Great Western Livestock Show Results!
Saturday Rabbit Show A:
Tulip placed 6/6 in class and 2/2 in fur.
Pie placed 2/4 in class and 1/1 in fur.
Cole was DQ'd for no break between the mane and transition wool.

Saturday Rabbit Show B:
Tulip placed 4/6 in class and 2/2 in fur.
Pie placed 1/4 in class, BOV, BOG, and BOB of 12 rabbits! He got his very first leg! Also got 1/1 in fur.
Cole was DQ'd for conjunctivitis. He's had a cold recently and the drive up to the show set it off.

Sunday Rabbit Show C:
Tulip placed 4/4 in class and 1/1 in fur.
Pie placed 1/4 in class, BOV, BOG, and 1/1 in fur.
Cole was not taken to the table because of his conjunctivitis.

Sunday Rabbit Show D:
Tulip placed 3/3 in class and 1/1 in fur.
Pie placed 1/4 in class, BOV, BOG, and BOSB. Also got 1/1 in fur.
Cole placed 1/1 in class, BOV, BOG, and 2/2 in fur.

I placed 3/10 in rabbit showmanship with Pie.

Pygmy Goat
I placed 3/8 in pygmy goat showmanship.
Alex placed 1/12 in class and went on to win Grand Champion Wether! That's the highest placing he can get!

Also, my pygmy goat doe is due in a bit less than 2 and a half months!

Whoo hoo! LeSage's Piano Man actually won 2 legs at that last show! In Show D, there were 5 bucks! Yippee! Only need one more until I have my very first Grand Champion! =D

Anyway, pygmy goat doe is due in 2 months! Cole is still sick with a really bad cold but is getting progressively better and is now isolated from the rest of the rabbits. We let the horses out recently to eat the grass and they had a bunch of fun that day.

Also, in two weeks, I'll be picking up a female lamb that I've decided to name Cherry Blossom that will be shown at the fair in September. I'll be picking out a lamb from the school farm in May as well and I have my eyes on a very nice looking natural(black) wether. Luckily, I have the most FFA points so I should be getting first pick. Other than that, there isn't much to report. =D

Thank you! Nest show is the Santa Barbara Fair and I'm hoping he can get another leg at that show! =D

Anyway, pygmy goat babies due in about 1 month and 3 weeks. I took both of the goats next door to my aunt Winnie's to let them run around in her huge pasture and they had a ton of fun running around chasing my dog! =) I plan to take them over again later today.

I will be getting my lamb from my aunt Winnie aroun the 19th of this month and my 2nd lamb around May 10th. I can't wait! =D

My lionhead has been ill recently but seems to be getting a bit better. His eyes are only weeping a bit now and he seems to be more active. His coat is still much too long for his breed and choppy-looking and I'm considering just shaving everything but his mane so it will grow back more evenly.

Well, I think that that's everything new! =D Have a great spring everyone!

Latest posts

Back