Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I was on the couch, watching Phoenix Animal Cops. I was holding Pudge and she decided to hop up on the back of the couch. Once there she turned around and looked at me as if to say "ok I got up here and Ihave no idea how to get down". So naturally I had to go get the camera.

Pudgeonsofa1-30-10.jpg

I am so glad that I discovered another use for puppy training pads. There are two corners that the bunny's seem to like to mark. I have a litter box in one spot, some don't want to use it, so I put one in front of it. They also like the area around the floor lamp, so I've put one there. They have saved me a lot of time doing clean ups. When I change bunny litter they get changed too.

Tonight I was filling bottles,food dishes,replenishing hay tubes and racks. Rudy's cage was open and he hopped out to see what I was doing. When he realized I wasn't giving out treats he turned around and went back to his cage.

I also opened Sweeties cage and she hopped out and started to groom herself. She was making herself all pretty in front of Titan. Titan was laying down snoozing then realized she was out and went crazy. He started running around in circles, then pacing back and forth, then was sticking his nose out through the wire sniffing heavily. He went through this the entire time she was out. When I put her back in her cage, Titan then wentback to lounging.

When I finally did hand out treats instead of eating his banana chip out in the room he grabbed it and hopped back into his cage happily crunching away.

I forgot to mention some good news that happened last week.

My middle son, Josh, has gotten a second part time job doing what he loves working with pc's and networks. A friend of mine who has his own firm hired him. He told me that he has never had an employee that didn't require a couple ofmonths training. He asked Josh to build a couple of pc's and Josh went right to work. My friend was really impressed.

Always nice to here nice things about your kids from someone else.

OH wow I bet u guys are VERY proud to have raised such a great kid...kudos to you both and Josh, he is very impressive young man!!!!

When he graduates from High School he will be one college English class away from an associates degree in IT/Networking.

I got baby out to give her some lovin and she and I have been watching Cake Boss. During a commercial I decided it would be a good time to put her away in her cage. I walked into the bunny room and I went to put baby down so she could hop back into her cage. I noticed Velvets cage door was open and I didn't see her any where. Baby hops off to her cage and I notice inside her cage is Velvet! The cage has enough room for Velvet, Flemish giant, to lay down and stretch out. Velvet would not come out either. Baby is hopping over her and Velvet is getting irritated. I was thinking oh no, they are going to fight. So I had to reach in and drag Velvet out!

I would have gotten a picture, but I was afraid they might bite each other. It was hilarious this big rabbit in a cage designed for a Nethie.

I promise I'm not trying to hijack your thread - but your story reminded me of how Tiny LOVED to be in the smaller cages...he'd oftentimes sneak into GingerSpice's cage (or Miss Bea's cage). One time - Miss Bea locked him IN her cage and took off (I only know because I came in and found him locked in the cage and she was the only other one in the room).

Anyway - here is a picture of a big bun in a little cage...

Cleaningoffcamera069.jpg

I'm sure Velvet was much cuter though...

lol Cake Boss!! My fiance and I have been watching that a lot lately. That bakery is only like 20 mins away from where we live.

oh my goodness-I dont know where to start..
All your bunnies are just GORGEOUS!!!

i LOVE that show Cake Boss..and I am getting my birthday cake from there this year! :D

Is the stuff as good as it looks?
Yum yeah it's good! We've never gotten anything really fancy there though. My fiance loves their crumb cake. I told him the other night that we should get our wedding cake there.

Every Monday night now we watch Cake Boss and get cake cravings lol. Last night I made a chocolate/strawberry cake to have while we where watching. :biggrin2:

For those who don't know the stories of my pointer Charlie he is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he is protective of the wife, kids and house, he is also a clown and a cuddle pup. Charlie will also eat anything, he's eaten 5 pounds of chocolate, candy in foil wrappers and anything else he can get into.

I tell you that to tell you this. Last night my wife and I were trimming Sweeties teeth and nails. Charlie was going after the pieces of nail and teeth that were flying off as they were snipped. We looked over and there is Charlie licking up one of Sweeties nails and chomping away.

Wabbitmom has declared thata certain cerealneeds to be rinsed down into the disposal and not just dumped in the sink. She was asking who (looking at me) put bunny poo in the sink! She then took a closer look and realized that the bunny poo is really Coco Puffs.:)

Haha..I really should pull a prank on james and dump some coco puffs in his clothing bag or something!

Faster then a falling crasin, more powerful then a phone book, its super Pudge bunny.

Pudge has been getting more lovey lately and in the morning she insists on at least 5 minutes of nose rubs. Tonight after I had cleaned cages and before I vacuumed the bunny room I got her out and let her wonder around while I sat on the floor. She came over for pets, explored the room and decided that she had enough time out. Her cage is on top of Velvets which is a two NIC panel cottage, she came over to Velvets cage stoop/telescoped as far as she could go, sat down (at this point I could see something was churning in her bunny brain, but I had no idea what) when she sprung up and almost made it into her cage.

She was just a little off in her calculations, otherwise she would have made it. About the time she jumped and before I could react, she rotated herself and lept back to the floor. I then went and without any effort to runaway from me like usual when I try and put her back, she sat there and let me pick her up. When she was level with her cage door she shot out of my arms into her humble abode.

Always full of surprises bunny's are, I guess that is why I love them so much. You could never have told me 20 years ago, that I would have 15 bunny's in my house and that I would tend to their every whim, I would have said you were looney.

Latest posts

Back