Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
That rabbit has me wrapped around her paw.
Oh Boy...that is what everyone says about Nyx and me....she does things I'd normally discipline for - and gets away with them because I'm so busy laughing or taking a picture.

How is it that those heart bunnies can do that to us???

Hahaha not me. I don't tolerate certain things at all. :p

JadeIcing wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Oh Boy...that is what everyone says about Nyx and me....she does things I'd normally discipline for - and gets away with them because I'm so busy laughing or taking a picture.

Well I am push over for pretty eyes!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

Well I am push over for pretty eyes!
Haha suckers. :p

O.k. at this point if Daisy were to ask me to buy her a car I probably would. :inlove:

When I gather water bottles, she follows me around the room, when I feed the herd she follows me around. I was laying on the floor and she wasn't really grunting but she was making some noise as she went around be under my legs and back up to my head for nose rubs.

Now on a different note, as I was laying on the floor, Titan was getting a drink from his water bottle. When he was done, I heard a sound that sounded like he was swishing his teeth with the water. I have never heard any of my rabbits make that noise, has anyone else?

I promised them greens and so I gave them some and found that a few like the whole Kale stem and all and others eat the leaf and leave the stem. So afterwards I had to pick up some stems from the cages.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
O.k. at this point if Daisy were to ask me to buy her a car I probably would. :inlove:
Well - I did better than that then...I told Nyx she had to get her learner's permit first.

I've noticed her eyeing Eric's car which is currently a lawn ornament on our back yard till Art gets it fixed. I explained to her that it wasn't the right color for her...

Seriously though - Nyx has started to do something very strange. She whimpers...a LOT.

I was thinking it was because she wants to breed and the boys are out playing - but I'm wondering if it is just because she wants to be out and she is whimpering because someone else is out.

Are either of her parents "talkers"?

She whimpers loud enough that Robin and Art were hearing it over the air conditioner and she'll whimper for half an hour or so at a time....

She's always trying to get out when she whimpers though..

PHEW! That makes me feel better then....

I'm waiting for her to start TALKING to me - or talking back to me I should say.

Today was a good thanksgiving, it was just the four of us as my son Jeff is in Texas until mid December. Karen made a very juicy tasty turkey, chocolate and pumpkin pies,mashed potato's, gravyand my daughter made some very nice dinner rolls.

After I was rested up I took care of the bunny's and Daisy was being, well Daisy. I went to leave the bunny room, she was on the far side from the gate, when I went to close it she was right on my heels. I set the water bottles down in the bathroom and tried to heard her back to the bunny room. I am sure I am not thefirst to discover this, but e-lops only listen or do things when they want to. I followed her into our bedroom, out of our bedroom, down the hall, around the living room, behind the Wii, through the dining room, back into our bedroom (narrowly avoided her tour behind the headboard), through the bathroom, back into the dining room, back down the hallway, almost into the bunny room, back down the hallway, (daughter responds to my call for help), back down the hallway and with the two of us blocking her path down the hallway, she returns to the bunny room. Glances back to give me the disapproving bunny glare and into her cage.

Had to cut short my gluttony at 9pm, I am having some blood tests Friday morning, so I will be heating up left overs as soon as I get home from the doctors. I did score some points with Karen Friday night. I came home from a 10 1/2 hour day, was very tired but on my own volunteered to cleaned the kitchen so she could cook the turkey. Now can anyone tell me where you women keep these points socan check and see how manyI have? and how do we men redeem these points? Karen keeps telling me Iscored points but won't give me any more info.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Now can anyone tell me where you women keep these points socan check and see how manyI have? and how do we men redeem these points? Karen keeps telling me Iscored points but won't give me any more info.
I'm sure that scoring those points only brought you back out of the negative column again and up to "0"....

Besides - it sounds like you lost MORE points with Daisy...so you're in the hole again.

Don't worry though- at the start of every month the totals roll back to -10 and you get to start all over again to try and earn points with us...

TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Now can anyone tell me where you women keep these points socan check and see how manyI have? and how do we men redeem these points? Karen keeps telling me Iscored points but won't give me any more info.
I'm sure that scoring those points only brought you back out of the negative column again and up to "0"....

Besides - it sounds like you lost MORE points with Daisy...so you're in the hole again.

Don't worry though- at the start of every month the totals roll back to -10 and you get to start all over again to try and earn points with us...
:pullhair:

Today I went out to get some rabbit supplies, puppy training pads, craisins, litter and rabbit food. When I got to the farm supply store to get the food and litter, I was told, I also good get my free bag. They have a program where you get every tenth bag free. So instead of coming home with 50 pounds, I came home with 100 pounds plus 40 lbs of litter.

When I pulled in one of the members of the rabbit club was walking out and when I was walking out of the feed store another rabbit club member stopped in. So instead of the guy going back 3 times to get the rabbit food, we quickly totaled the bags needed. Between the three of us, we got 400 pounds of rabbit food. With the free bag, I now have two months of food for my rabbits and the bale of hay I got a couple of weeks ago, 4 months of hay.

Last night my son wanted to take some pictures of the rabbits using his new Canon Digital Lens Reflex camera. Hey great I thought, its always hard to capture bunny binkies with the point and shoot I have. He came into the bunny room and I let out Daisy who is always full of binkies. She came over and sniffed him, hopped around him butdidn't do a thing. O.k. so I put her back and decide I could use some pictures of Titan. So I opened his cage and normally he comes right out and hops around. Took one look of my son and stayed in his cage. It was like, hey dad, who's the other guy?

I will have to just hope I get lucky with my point and shoot camera when it comes to Daisy binkies. Tomorrow when I clean cages I will have to get one of Mr. Titan.

Well here are some pictures of Titan and Pudge taken Saturday night.

Ladies first so here's Pudge my Mini Lop.

Pudge11-28-09CDisapprovingbunny.jpg

Pudge11-28-09C.jpg

Pudge11-28-09D.jpg

Now here is some of Mr. Titan. The width of the laundry basket is 22 1/2 inches. Just to give you an idea on his size.

Titan11-28-09.jpg

Titanonthecouch11-28-09C.jpg

TitanoutsideDaisyandBlueberrysca-1.jpg

Titanonthecouch11-28-09E.jpg

I've noticed for a while that Rudy my french lop ears have always been dark in color, but over the past six months he's been getting white around the edges. Sort of reminds me of my dogs when they got older, like gray hairs.

Has anyone else noticed this on their rabbits before?

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I've noticed for a while that Rudy my french lop ears have always been dark in color, but over the past six months he's been getting white around the edges. Sort of reminds me of my dogs when they got older, like gray hairs.

Has anyone else noticed this on their rabbits before?
When Pernod was here, I noticed she had some grey hairs coming in on her Dutchie black patches

Jan

I was cleaning bunny cages, fun after working 12 hours, and decided to let some of the girls out. I had Skippery (black lionhead), Baby (nethie himalyan), Nibbles (black holland lop), Moo Moo (Hotot mix), Oreo (dutch mix) and Blueberry (blue mini rex).

The only ones that moved around were Baby, Nibbles a little and Blueberry. They all went to a corner of the room or hopped in and out of their cage. Daisy was very mad at me for not letting her out. She's not to nice to other buns so she comes out only by herself.

Titan is very patient boy on cage cleaning nights. When I got to his cage he waited until I put all the girls back in their cages. When I was done with that he started to bang his door to get out though. I opened his cage, he took his obligatory nose rubs, and then he was out to have his fun time.

I did find a flea on Daisy they other day, which I quickly removed, it was on her ear. I vacuum the bunny room every other day and I haven't seen any fleas on any of the other buns. I think the flea came in on my pajama's because I was around the dogs just before then. But to make sure I salted down the carpet.

I wish I had my camera with me, yesterday. I went in to check on the bunny's and got a few of them out to play. Daisy was not thrilled that she wasn't invited, but I let her out after the other girls were put away.I keep a stack of old phone books, behind the food, for the bunny's to shred in their cages or when they are out for play time. Daisy hopped over there and I heard her shredding and Velvet startled her. Out hops Daisy with one of her big ears over the front of her face. You couldn't see her eyes, nose just this huge ear.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I wish I had my camera with me, yesterday. I went in to check on the bunny's and got a few of them out to play. Daisy was not thrilled that she wasn't invited, but I let her out after the other girls were put away.I keep a stack of old phone books, behind the food, for the bunny's to shred in their cages or when they are out for play time. Daisy hopped over there and I heard her shredding and Velvet startled her. Out hops Daisy with one of her big ears over the front of her face. You couldn't see her eyes, nose just this huge ear.

I wish you had your camera also. It's those moments when the only way to get the cuteness-point across is with pictures. Otherwise, folks just won't understand how awesome the moment was. :p

myheart

Latest posts

Back