Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myheart wrote:
In my Dad's world, it's either a sledge hammer or a roll of duct tape. Your choice as to what will fix the problem at hand... :biggrin2:

myheart
So the next time Dave is lipping off to me.....?

wabbitmom12 wrote:
myheart wrote:
In my Dad's world, it's either a sledge hammer or a roll of duct tape. Your choice as to what will fix the problem at hand... :biggrin2:

myheart
I have NEVER lipped off to my darling wife!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
myheart wrote:

myheart
I have NEVER lipped off to my darling wife!
Is it just me - or does Dave's nose seem as big as Daisy's lately? Maybe it was growing in advance of that statement???

Its been a wild week, I've been working an additional job after work 2-3 hours a night. Then taking care of the rabbits when I get home, etc, I've been exhausted. Leaving very little time to update about the buns.

Today, I spent a good portion of my day battling the leaves in my yard. I now have a pile of leaves 20 feet long, 6 feet wide and 5 feet high. Most of my trees have dropped their leaves, but my neighbors tree still has a good portion of its leave to land in my yard.

After I put away my weapons of war with the leaves, I came inside and rested. Karen went to her sisters with the kids to play mexican dominos and I stayed home, wasn't feel too well. Exhaustion will do that I think, that and eating a bunch of oreo's, chocolate cake at your mom's. I did have a nutritions fish sandwhich, fries and Cokefrom Burger King.

When I was done resting, I went and cleaned behind all the cages on the left side of the room. In order to do that I had to move said cages with buns inside into the center of the room. The buns were not amused by the temporary relocation or my cleaning efforts. Valvet in particular was not happy and Pudge showed her displeasure by tossing her litter box upside down. Nibbles and the rest on that side watched with great interest in what their hoomin was doing.

I have some very messy young ladies! I moved everything back and cleaned up after my clean up. I then watched the Notre Dame vs Pittsburgh game and became upset with ND and some ref calls. Turned that off and watch the disney channel.

I took my insomnia meds and I can feel them kicking in so I better go to bed.

I am a bad bunny dad. Daisy (e-lop) got a nick in her ear. I went to fill water bottles and I usually let Daisy out while I do it. In part of her being the privilged bun and all, well I forgot I left Rudy's (frenchlop)door to his cage open also. Those two do not get along. I heard a commotion went in there and Rudy's in his cage defending his castle and Daisy trying to storm it. I don't think these two know the hundred years war is over.

Both are o.k.

Tonight was a rather interesting evening. I had a late doctor's appointment and I had left my cell in the car. When I came out to the car I checked for any text's or voicemails. I had a text from my middle son Josh, one of his teachers wanted to talk to me, about rabbits.

I called and she was at a pet shop and wanted me to take a look at a bunny and help her pick out supplies. She had come over with her son, sometime ago to our house, looked at the herd and was trying to figure out what type of bun they wanted to get.

I met her at the pet shop and looked at the bun, a cute Hotot. I examined him/her as much as he/she would let me and he/she was well fed, in good healthand when he/she was in his cage he/she stretched out. The cage she was going to buy was a little on the small side, so I loaned her one of mine, for a few months until they could get all the materials for a NIC cage. I also loaned her a few other items to help them out.

I always like to help people new to bunny's get started. The little guy/gal will be a great addition to their family.

Awww Wabbitdad...yer such a nice guy! And to think, Wabbitmom12 was going to use duct tape on you. Naughty girl! No Crasins for her, one week.

By the way...Wabbitmom12, she is number 12? Did the rabbits eat the first eleven or were the first eleven allergic? Just wondering :)

Torchster wrote:
Awww Wabbitdad...yer such a nice guy! And to think, Wabbitmom12 was going to use duct tape on you. Naughty girl! No Crasins for her, one week.

By the way...Wabbitmom12, she is number 12? Did the rabbits eat the first eleven or were the first eleven allergic? Just wondering :)

:grumpy:Hey!

:humour: Actually, at one time we had an even dozen...when Dave first joined the forum. So he was Wabbitdad12. A couple of months later, I joined the party as Wabbitmom12. We tried to get our daughter to be Wabbitsis12...but she went with Xeblic instead!

Last night I got home late from work and went right to taking care of the bunny's. I let Tiny out while I filled up water bottles. When I was done with that Miss Daisy was banging her cage door letting me know that she was displeased that I let one of the peasants out before her.

I let her out while I checked everyone's food and filled them where needed. When I had let her out she bolted right for the litter box I have in the room. She sat in there and took care of business,got out and binkied and explored the room. I looked over again and she was digging in the litter box tossing about half of it onto the floor and the other half into Baby's cage. I heard scratch, scratch, toss of litter and then a nethie grunt as the big bully kicked sand or in this case wood litter in her face. I shouted at Daisy to stop and got a look of why?

I picked her up and got her out of the litter box, I then laid on the floor with her. She came over to me nose to nose, got some nose rubsand then did a series of binkies, now who could stay mad after that.

A couple of days ago, I mentioned Daisy's destruction of the litter box I keep in the bunny room for them to use when they are out. Well here are pre and post pictures of the destruction.

What it looks normally.

Litterboxpredaisy.jpg

This is what it looked like after Daisy rearranged things.

Litterboxpostdaisyphoto211-21-09.jpg

Litterboxpostdaisyphoto111-21-09.jpg

Tonight I took a few pictures of Velvet. She finished a molt, not too long ago and she has this patch of fur growing in that is darker then the rest. This has happened one time before.

Velvet11-21-09.jpg

Velvet11-21-09pic2.jpg

Saturday afternoon Karen went out to lunch and then to Krogers. I tell ya, can you think of a better date?

Anyway while shopping they had Kale on sale. A little while ago, I went in and gave it to the bunny's and it was a hit. A couple of them who are not big greens eaters, like it.

I just not realized what time it is and I need to get my middle aged butt in bed, so goodnight!

The bunny's are pretty understanding on the weekends when I don't get in there at 630am to feed and water them. Some how they know when weekends are and that those are the days I sleep in.

This morning I went in to take care of them and let Daisy out, she's the PB (privileged bun), and she was good for a few minutes then she repeated the kick all the litter out of the litter pan in the corner thing again. This time she adjusted her aim and instead of kicking it all towards Baby's cage she directed it all (using a dual kick method, dig some out with the front paws and use the rear to project it farther) to the center of the bunny room.

When I shouted at her to stop, she looked at me, did a couple of binkies, I went awww so cute and she knew she was out of trouble. That rabbit has me wrapped around her paw.

She was running between my legs this morning and following me around the room. Daisy would pull on my pant leg or stand up agains my leg to let me know "Don't forget the nose rubs!" She is do darn cute!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
That rabbit has me wrapped around her paw.
Oh Boy...that is what everyone says about Nyx and me....she does things I'd normally discipline for - and gets away with them because I'm so busy laughing or taking a picture.

How is it that those heart bunnies can do that to us???

Latest posts

Back