Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad Thumper is doing better Hope Barney and Mr. Muffin make a speedy and full recovery.. Poor dog - just checking things out and gets it up the nose! LOL!! I guess if Mr. Muffin has to feel badly than its only fair another animal gets a "dose" of something not great too!

Well my daughter has always had me wrapped around her finger and tonight we went to 4-H rabbit club and we came home with a broken mini-lop, named Pudge by my daughter.

Pudgelooksatthecamera6-12-08.jpg

Pudgeposesforthecamerafinally6-12-0.jpg

PudgePic16-12-08.jpg

What a lovely little fellow :D
ROFL @ poor Charlie :biggrin2:

How's Barney coming along with his snuffles?

The first night Pudge was in the house, I gave him a little banana chip along with everyone else like usual. He took a sniff and didn't pay much attention to it, not surprising he had a big evening.

Friday night when I filled food dishes and water bottles, I went around the room and handed out banana chips. He learned quickly or listened to his new brothers and sisters! Pudge was at the front of his cage waiting for his!

Pudge is a sweet little guy, but being a mini-lop he won't be small for too long. He was peeing in his litterbox, but now has decided anywhere when the mood hits him. I have placed tp and papers he has peed on in his litter box, hoping he will pick up on that. But he is little and as long as he catches on before he is 2 that would be great.

Of the three people who have held him for any length of time, he has peed on two, myself and my neice. Hehas decided that my daughter is his special human slave andhasn't peed on her, but everyone elsemay pet him but not hold him only she can.

Pudge is a right messy boy. I had a small food crock in his cage and I discovered he had to put his front paws in it to eat once the food along the edge was gone. So he would end uppushing food out his bowl. I remembered I had a small gravity feeder that would be just right for him. It was small enough for him to eat from but had high enough sides to prevent him from making a mess,but Iwrong! Food is everywhere, almost worse then before. I should make him clean his own hutch.

He seems to do most of his peeing in his litter box but poops where ever and when ever the mood strikes him.

Pudge has a messy bachelors pad. What would his mother say!

Thursday night I decided I would introduce Velvet and Thumper again. It didn't go well initially, Velvet scratched Thumper by his eye. A few minutes later he was chasing her around. I hope it took this time, 3rd times the charm!;)

I also decided to introduce Lilly and Thumper too. Before I knew it she's got him by the side and down to the ground (she probably outweighs him by 7-8 pounds)he has a big mouth of her fur. I don't think that time will work. Either she doesn't like him or it just wasn't a good night for romance.

Only time will tell. Our newest addition Pudge is doing well and a very cuddly bunny. I am hesitant to hold him considering within 15 minutes of getting him he pee'd on me.:biggrin2:

Life of a bunny slave.

it must be a mini lop thing with the food bowls. fred will often dig at the bowl to get it closer to him. it is quite funny. pudge is a cutie!!

Pudge sounds like so much fun! Yes I remember when Baxter! decided to tell me he REALLY loved me by peeing on me.. Felt like I had received a high compliment and at the sametime made the immediate appoint to get him neutored... He hasn't peed on my since and as my BF stated at the time "he will never pee on me as he didn't like the consequences" LOL!..

Good luck w/the bonding and can't wait to see new photos (hint-hint)!

Here are some pictures of Pudge from the 25th. He is starting to fill out some. I think he knows my daughter is away at camp, I can hold him without getting pee'd on!

PudgePicE6-25-08-1.jpg

PudgePicF6-25-08-1.jpg

Thumper who joined the herd in earlier this year has finally put on weight and is filling out. He still has a way to go to but when I pick him up now I can definitely tell.

My goodness..Pudge is adorable!....just look at his sweet little face :)

We love love love the Flems around here. I still think they are the friendliest bunnies. My two girls are part NZ and part FLem. We refer to them as the hillbillies. Your babies are beautiful.

I told my daughter I would get Pudge out everyday and hold him on my lap while I watched tv. While watching some tv tonight, he didn't pee on me or the couch! In fact he gave me some bunny kisses. Hopped around and got to check some things out.

Blueberry and Dutches decidedthey wanted out of the"Bunny Room"and came out to the living room for a while and watched the movie "Caddyshack".

Latest posts

Back