Vinegar + Water can clean rabbit fur??? Is this true??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryne

Reaction score
I've read on some site that i can use white vinegar+water solution on my rabbit's fur to clean its urine stained fur. Is this safe? Will it be okay to do so?? My rabbit's fur is stained with dried urine and I want to remove it so bad. I've tried using wet wipes but it only removes the fresh pee stain not the old ones. Can someone please confirm if it is safe to use on rabbit fur??? And if it is effective??? Tnx!

The stained fur will shed off. Bun should be able to groom the rest. There really shouldn't be a need to be cleaning the fur. Is he/she getting sprayed with urine by another rabbit??
Hello! Thanks for replying. No, she is not getting sprayed by another rabbit. My rabbit just loves to lay down where her pee is. She has a litter box but she often pees on the floor instead. Good thing I checked your reply before following any "vinegar+water" solutions.

It would be quite unusual for a rabbit to willingly lay down on a solid floor that has wet pee on it. They like to keep their pee in one area -- usually their litter box. Perhaps the litter box could use some tweaking to encourage more consistent potty habits. What is her age and spay status?

A photo of her living area might help us see any possible areas to change that could help with the problem.

Hello! Thanks for replying. No, she is not getting sprayed by another rabbit. My rabbit just loves to lay down where her pee is. She has a litter box but she often pees on the floor instead. Good thing I checked your reply before following any "vinegar+water" solutions.
Rather than her willingly laying where she's peeing, I'm wondering if she is unwillingly peeing on herself, due to a UTI or something. When rabbits are going through a medical condition involving the bladder, it can lead to involuntarily/uncontrollable/more frequent urination, and typically this is noticed because the rabbit gets soiled by its own urine, which is not really normal.

Back