Vega and Winston's Travel Blog- THEY'RE HOME!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAYYYYY!!! I can't wait to hear they're home!!

I would be JUMPING outta my SKIN waiting for them!! :D:D:D

I can't wait!!!

:runningrabbit:

NO she's not here yet!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

We're here!

We got a little lost along the way and stopped at Nadias also. We got to Susans around 5:00, got the babies set up in their pen and had dinner.

Now we're just trying to set up extra reinforcements so Daisy Mae cant get them through the bars of their pen ;)

YAYYYY!!!!! WELCOME HOME, BABIES!!!!

:hugsquish::group::heartbeat::big kiss::big kiss:

Oh Susan. I just can't tell you how happy I am for you right now. This is awesome!

Thanks Haley! They look at home already:shock:.

Can't wait to hear and see more.:D Enjoy your new babies.

Wow, what a weekend. I feel likea zombie from all that driving and excitement!

I just got home and I only have a minute before I have to leave for a while. But I just wanted to say that Winston and Vega are two of the luckiest bunnies on the planet. Susan and Chris are such wonderul people and they take such amazing care of all of their bunnies. Winston and Vega will be so happy there.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know Im home safe and sound. I got lots of pics of my journey so I'll post more later.

Thanks again Susan for the wonderful dinner (and Crystal for the dessert..yum) and for all my gifts and pillows for the bunnies you sent home with me.

I just want to post a BIG THANK YOUeveryone who helped get Vega & Winston to Chris & I.

They are adorable, Winston is so tiny and Vega is just the sweetest girl. She lets us pick her up and of course Chris has volunteered to pick her up alot.

Daisy Mae is not to thrilled with any of us at the moment, she's going a little crazy when I let her out for her run time. I ended up putting more NIC panels around their cage so they can't get at each other. Chris & I decided that we will give it a month and if they aren't getting along we will put them in the basement, we have a semi finished rec room. We can put a TV down there and I also sew in the basement so I am down there alot.

It was so nice to meet Haley, she really is One In A Million. Crystal, Haley & myself had a very nice time just chatting and playing with bunnies. Chris got to come home for dinner which was nice as I usually don't see him onthe weekends as he's always working.

I am going to start a blog for Winston & Vega very soon. If and when Daisy Mae bonds to them I will incorporate the Blogs.

Once again thank you to everyone who helped out with transporting my babies to me.

Hugs to all.

Susan & Chris:apollo:

ok, so one last thing before Susan makes a new blog for Winston and Vega. I took lots of pics on my journey so I thought I would share them here:

PART 1: Crossing the Border, Travelling to Nadia'sin Downtown Toronto: :running bunny

I left here around 9:30 yesterday morning with the car packed and the buns reluctant to make their final long car ride to their new home. We got to the border around 10:30 (Susan, tell Chris I was wrong, Sarnia is only about an hour from me ;)). I got through the border fairly quickly, but you guys should have seen the look on the border patrol man's face when I told him what my "business" was in Canada.

First, he asks me where Im going, "to Toronto to visit friends" is my reply.

"How do you know these friends", he asks. :huh

"Um...through the internet"... :whistling

"Like how through the internet"...

"Ummm.. through a rabbit forum actually and Im bringing them two domesticrabbits".

"a rabbit forum... and you're giving them rabbits?" :shock:

He looked very confused and weirded out by the whole thing- probably one of the strangest stories he had ever heard. He let me through and we were on our way.

It took me about 3 more hours to reach Toronto after getting a little sidetracked (No, Haley, youre not going to NiagaraFalls :?). I alsogot off the expressway a little too early in Torontoand wound up going the scenic route through the city. It was a good mistake though, it was so pretty by the water with the sun shining and the cool breeze!

I was running out of gas though and couldnt, for the life of me, find a gas station (or when I did I was on the wrong side of the road or something) and then Im so busy looking for a gas station that I get lost. :shock: I stop and call Nadia and thankfully she knows just where I am (not too far from her as luck would have it) so she directed me to a gas station and then to her house. It took me a totalof about5 hours to get there but it would have been about 4.5 if not for traffic and getting lost.

Nadia's house is beautiful and so welcoming. She and Neil are just two of the nicest people you will ever meet. I got to meet all three of the bunnies and Misty was on her best behavior: she didnt even try to bite me (although she might have if Nadia didnt warn me when Misty put her ears back :p).

I'll shut up now and post some pics:

Misty and Charlie in their condo:

Bunnies336.jpg

Sweet Oliver (who would hardlysit still long enough to get a good pic :biggrin2:). You can see his battle wound on his side there:

Bunnies335.jpg

Me and Nadia (isnt she beautiful? :)) with Winston and Vega:

Bunnies339.jpg

The newlyweds, Nadia and Neil, with Winston:

Bunnies340.jpg

We let Winston and Vega out to run in Nadia's living room and Vega found a place to hide and flopped right out! Winston went and hid behind her to groom himself. We stayed for about an hour and visited. I wish we could have stayed longer. I would have loved to play with Misty and Charlie and Oliver for hours. But alas, Susan was waiting patiently for her new charges and so we had to get back on the road.

"Part II: Travelling to Ajax to meet Susan, Chris, Crystal and the crew"to come tomorrow.......as you can imagine,I'm beat :yawn:

AJAX! That was only an 8hr drive! I could have gone!!!!:grumpy:

Wow...they're finally home...how WONDERFUL!!

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story! :D:D

You guys are SO AWESOME!!!

My kisses to the buns!!

YAY, meeting Haley, Winston and Vega was AWESOME!!! Haley, can't wait till you come up again!! I'm SOOO sorry I could not make dinner. My family who was visiting from other parts of the world were all coming to my house that day for a BBQ cause they were leaving on Sunday, so I had to miss dinner, BUT, I really loved meeting the buns and Haley.

Susan - we'll have to set up a time to meet too cause I am addicted to Vega. I know Winston is the looker, but Vega ... I just fell in love with her instantly!

Nadia

Yes we will. :grumpy:

Haley wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
AJAX! That was only an 8hr drive! I could have gone!!!!:grumpy:
Well we'll just have to do it again sometime soon :biggrin2:

Part II: Travelling to Ajax to meet Susan, Chris, Crystal and the crew ::running bunny

I left Nadia's a little after4:00 and got a little lost trying to find the 401 to take to Susan's. Luckily I stopped and asked someone and I wasnt too far off at all. It took me about 25 minutes to get from Nadia's to Susan's- so you guys are pretty close!

Susan's neighborhood is so cute and her house is so nice and inviting. She and Crystal were there waiting patiently for me and the buns. It was so great to meet Crystal and Susan, they are both just awesome. We unloaded the car and went upstairs to get Winston and Vega set up in their new room (which they share with Daisy Mae).

Unfortunately, I mistakenly told Susan the grids were 12 inches wide when really they are 14 inches wide, so she had the base all cut out and ready but it was too small. So we put some cardboard down as a makeshift floor for now. Heres Winston and Vega relaxing in their new home. They were probably so tired from being in that carrier for 7 hours with Crazy Haley behind the wheel:

Bunnies359.jpg

(can you see Winston inside the igloo above?)

Bunnies364.jpg

We got them settled a little and then I got to meet the rest of the furkids. I was so excited! Daisy Mae is even cuter in person, but quite the feisty girl. She was definitely not happy having intruders in her room. She grunts and its so funny to hear such a noise from such a sweet looking bunny.

Bunnies363.jpg

Bunnies361.jpg

Next I got to meet Wilbur and Jackie, who share a bedroom upstairs also. They have two enormous NIC condos that Chris and Susan built for them (they built two because they became unbonded once). These are awesome condos, probably the best Ive ever seen- Chris used lots of dowel rods so they are very sturdy!

Heres a few pics of the twins. I told Susan their pics dont do them justice- theyre soo much cuter in person:

Bunnies354.jpg

Bunnies355.jpg

And Buttercup is just awesome! He has the living room downstairs all to himself and no cage or pen. He is so funny- he's 9 but acts just like a baby. He comes up to smell your feet when you sit on the couch and tugs at your socks until you pet him. He also licked my hand when I was petting him! How many bunnies do that to a complete stranger? He's seriously a one in a million special bunny:

Bunnies342.jpg

Bunnies349.jpg

I was pretty tired that evening once I made it to Susan's so I didnt get any pics of the humans!. Im so mad at myself!

Anyway, after introductions to all the beautiful bunnies Susan made us a wonderful lasagnadinner complete with salad and garlic cheese bread. It was so yummy! Chris was able to join us for dinner which was so nice to get to speak to him as well. And Crystal brought over this dessert that was to die for. It was so rich we could barely eat a whole slice..so yummy though!

I stayed over at Susan'sand left the next morning. Susan and Chris sent me home with a beautiful bag full of assorted gifts and even gave me money for gas (which I didnt realize until I got home bc I hadnt opened the card) lol. Susan also made pillows for all my babies- even the foster kids. Chris and Susan are really the nicest people and so fun to be around. I wish we all lived closer bc it was so fun to spend time with other bunny people this weekend.

It took me about 5 hours to get home. It would have been only about 4 but it took an hour to get across into the US. The border was pretty backed up and moving so slow! Just for fun, here's some pics of the water from the Bluewater Bridge as I was crossing over (dont worry I was at a standstill when I took the pics):

Bunnies366.jpg

Bunnies370.jpg

Bunnies373.jpg

I was glad to be home. Mike saw me and said I looked like a wreck. lol After all that driving I was pretty tired. Next time I'll bring him along so we can switch on and off driving.

It was such a fun weekend and so good to meet everyone. Next time I'll have to meet Crystal's Holly and Bandit and maybe meet f_j as well (she lives out that way). I'd also love to spend more time with Nadia and see more of downtownToronto.

I just want to thank Susan and Chris for everything. Susan and Chris are such amazing people andI know Winston and Vega will be so happy there, in their forever home.

:big kiss:

Latest posts

Back