Vega and Winston's Travel Blog- THEY'RE HOME!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Most of you remember Vega and Winston (aka Sir Didymus) a sweet grey lop and stunning black/white lionhead who were bonded while living with Jenfur427. Jennifer and her girls spoiled the bunnies and loved them very much.

Due to some unexpected changes in her living situation, Jennifer could no longer keep Winston and Vega and contacted Laura, Snuggysmom, to help rehome them. Winston had originally come from Laura, who took him from a woman who needed to rehome him and Penny (who now lives with Laura).

Laura contacted me about possible options (since I run the rescue section and had been following Winston's adoption) and we decided to ask Susan, Soooska, if she would be interested in adopting the pair of them since Soooska had originally fell in love with Winston when his pictures were posted on RO. We did not want to see these two special bunnies end up in a shelter.

Susan said she would love to take them! So now we're in the process of moving them from St. Louis, MO all the way to near Toronto, ON.

We were waiting to post all this until we had the final word,but Crystal, AngelnSnuffy, is on her way this evening to pick up Winston and Vega!

Crystal will bring them back to her place in Peoria, ILto foster for a while..then they will make their way up to Chicago to stay temporarily with Lauren, lalena2148. Next, they will make their way to me in Michigan and then I will take them to Canada to their new home with Susan!

Whew, anyone lost? :nod

Its been very confusing and difficult arranging everything but we think we have it all planned out. We're all just so happy to be able to help these beautiful bunnies make it to their new home. And Susan will give them the loving permanent home they deserve.

Now, hopefully we'll have pics as soon as Crystal gets home tonight.I thought Id start a thread to tell everyone the good news and log their travels across the Midwest!

:kiss:A huge Thank You to everyone for helpingto makethis happen!

Through myspace, I realized that Jen was having some troubles in her life. I messaged her wondering how Vega and Winston were doing, but I didn't recieve a reply back. I thought something happened because there was no mention of the bunns on her myspace or in pictures.

:cry4:

I am so happy that the bunns are okay and going to Sooska :biggrin2:!

Woohoo! I just spoke withtheowner of Winston and Vegaon the phone. He is on his way. I will be leaving in less than an hour. He said that the buns are not exactly happy with him being in a box. I told him that I have a cage with a blankie spread out for them. That'll be much better, he thought so too;).

So, this is it! I'm leaving soon and will post when I get back! This is exciting:D.

Crystal

I have spoken to Jen for those who may have concerns. She is well as are her daughters.:biggrin2:

Thanks Haley for starting this Blog.

I was so thrilled when Haley pm me asking if I would like to adobt the pair. I so fell in love with Winston (and yes that will be his nameagain) when I first saw him. I did have to think about it for about 10 minutes, now the hubby thought I was totally off my rocker but my plan is to try to bond the 2 with Daisy Mae (Nadia this is where I will need your help LOL).

I'm so excited to hear all the info about their travel and to get pictures of my new Babies. Six in total am I nuts? NO!

Please let me say a
VERY BIG THANK YOU
to everyone who is helping me get these two little beauties.

I truely mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Susan:running bunny

PS

Chris is totally in LOVE:heartbeat: with Winston, and I'm sure as I get more pictures of Vega he will fall for her to.

Soooska you will be a great mom two these two. Can not wait to see pictures.

This is working out so well! I couldn't be happier!

Here are a few pics of Winston and Vega:

WinstonIMG_.jpg

100_1789.jpg

IMG_0646-1.jpg

100_1814.jpg

Edited to say:

Susan, I'm so glad you're giving him his old name back. I always thought Winston was the perfect name for him. :)

Gosh, looking at his pics-I forgot how dang cute he is. One of a kind :)

Im so excited to meet him and Vega. They are just precious :inlove:

Winston certainly is very striking - one of the most beautiful bunnies I've ever seen.

I have a soft spot for Vega, too. I think she's gorgeous. Her coloring is just like my Toby's was.

Thanks Laura for the pictures. I will have to print one of each and hang them in Daisy Mae's cage so she can admire them and fall in love. LOL I really think she wants a friend or 2 as she always sits in front of Wilbur & Jackie's baby gate looking at them, so I'm really hoping this is a good sign.

Vega is so pretty, are her eyes Blue too?

Susan :runningrabbit:

We're home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkbouce: They are so beautiful:inlove:.

It all went very well, no problems. I made good time too. The box he had them in was very small so I'm so glad I took a cage for them. The first thing he said when he showed them to me was "If they weren't totally bonded before, they are now." I thought that was funny:biggrin2:. Man, he brought everything, alot of stuff:shock:. About 5 bags worth.

We just got done putting an NIC together, just one level for now. My son helped alot and my husband stopped home from his second job to see them and get his cell phone he let me borrow for the trip. He helped too for a little bit. I'm about to go down and get them in their new cage. I will get some pics for everyone soon:D.

Edit: Susan, Vega's eyes area gray, and Winston's are a pretty blue.

Awesome I will check tomorrow.

Im so glad it went well Crystal! Thats great he sent all their stuff. That will help give them some familiarity while theyre moving around so much this next month or so. Dont feel like you have to set up the huge NIC palace like they had it, a simple pen should be fine for now.

And I cant wait for some pics! Although feel free to let them settle in and get rested yourself. We can wait..... (but not too long). hehe :p

Good work, girl :big kiss:

By "He", do you mean Jen's ex? Sorry, I am just confused.

I can't wait to see pictures of them! I have missed seeing their pictures, so much!!

K, I have the cage up against the NIC so they can go in and check it out on their own as they want to. It didn't take long for Winston to jump out and investigate EVERYTHING! He was jumping on the hidey house, in the hay rack, all over the place, it was hard to get pics of him;).

Vega hasn't come out of the cage yet. She nosed out, but won't come out. I thought she'd be the first one out as Winston is the skittish one:shock:. They have already eaten some too, so that's good. Just waiting for someone to use their litterbox:D.

Yep, Haley I thought the same thing about their scent on the stuff. I think that really helped Winston come out and check it all out so quickly, he even ran through his little cardboard tunnel, what's left of it:).

Thanks Crystal for doing so much, taking your time to get these two beauties one step closer to me.

I'm so excited, I just spoke to my hubby and told him they are at your place, I think he's getting as excited as I am. I told him I will bond Daisy Mae to them come hell or high water. I will get Crystalball to come help me do this. I'm hoping I will be as lucky as her when she bonded Bandit & Holly they just fell on LOVE almost instantly.

Susan and Daisy Mae:running bunny:apollo:

Thanks, Crystal. That cleared it up for me, hehe.

I am off now to go and clean out the "closet" (a.k.a. bunny room) for Marlin to live in :biggrin2:.

I'll keep checking in for pictures.

Latest posts

Back