Vaccination help needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenstacy74

Reaction score
I have a doe who I adopted off of a family who didn’t really know how to care for her, I tried to ask for as much detail on her vaccines and whether she has had them or not but the family didn’t speak a lot of English… and were unable to give me proper detail. Therefore I’m not sure whether she has been vaccinated. Should I take her to get it done as I’m not sure if she has or when it was done if she did??

What's your general location (country/state/territory)? What vaccinations are available will be determined by this.

What's your general location (country/state/territory)? What vaccinations are available will be determined by this.
Im from England, UK. When I got my male vaccinated it said it was for Myxomatosis and R(V)HD / R(V)HD2. Both my rabbits are indoor freeroam.. I’m not sure if this affects the necessity of the vaccines (I’m sure it doesn’t) but either way I’d love to know if I should still get her jabbed even though I’m not sure if she has had it or not

Indoor rabbits are still susceptible, as the viruses can be passed through insects or brought indoors on clothing. So it's safest to keep up vaccinations. Is there any way you could maybe get the name of their vet office? If you could, then you could get the vaccinaiton info that way. Otherwise, I would talk to your knowledgeable rabbit vet about the best course of action. Likely they will recommend proceeding with new vaccinations.

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-...abbit-friendly-vets/rabbit-friendly-vet-list/

Indoor rabbits are still susceptible, as the viruses can be passed through insects or brought indoors on clothing. So it's safest to keep up vaccinations. Is there any way you could maybe get the name of their vet office? If you could, then you could get the vaccinaiton info that way. Otherwise, I would talk to your knowledgeable rabbit vet about the best course of action. Likely they will recommend proceeding with new vaccinations.

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-...abbit-friendly-vets/rabbit-friendly-vet-list/
I will have to contact my vet about it, I have no contact with the previous owners so I can’t find out. Thank you for the info, I’ll contact my vet and see what they say!

Latest posts

Back