Vaccinating my rabbit? Thoughts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazerFace

Reaction score
I was wondering if i should vaccinate my rabbit? Any thoughts?

Some general information:
He is a 1 year old male holland lop, he is getting fixed in a week. He freeroams in my room and is never in direct contact with other animals. We have a cat who has had all his vaccines.

I would certainly vaccinate against myxomatosis, which can be carried in by flies etc regardless of whether he meets wildlife. I don’t know whether you havethe sane myxy/RHD1 vaccine as we do here? I’d do that, personally. I wouldn’t bother with the RHD2 personally as the risk is low, and I’m a poor student, but of course it’s up to you :)

I would certainly vaccinate against myxomatosis, which can be carried in by flies etc regardless of whether he meets wildlife. I don’t know whether you havethe sane myxy/RHD1 vaccine as we do here? I’d do that, personally. I wouldn’t bother with the RHD2 personally as the risk is low, and I’m a poor student, but of course it’s up to you :)
Thank you so much i will look into it! How much did it cost to vaccinate your rabbit?

I just read a bit about it and myxomatosis vaccination is not a thing here because the virus doesnt exist here? Or no cases are documented? so that is great news thanks for the answer!

Ah well brilliant then, I
Sorry I don’t know much about Norway! That solves your question then :)

Latest posts

Back