Urine Stains

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulhilgeman

Reaction score
On tan colored carpet, we have gotten a few urinestains. They are a few shades darker than thecarpet. What is the best way to get them out. Itried some light soap and water and they are still prettydark.

Thanks for the advice.

-Paul and Kim

White vinegar will remove the calcium carbonateresidue from urine stains on floors, trays, and litter boxes.Don't know if it works well on rugs, though. Would test ahidden rug area before committing to a visible spot.

Mrs. Buck(Helen) has removed urine stains from our carpet successfullyusing Resolve carpet cleaner, but I don't know if it isavailable in your locale. Would imagine success rate has alot to do with the chemical composition of the individual rabbit'surine at any one given time.

Good luck! Keep us posted if you are able to find somethingthat works. We are all interested in that sort of information.

Buck

Someone had suggested once that Sears Carpet Cleaning Soap works too.I've yet to find something that works. Will try the Resolve, Buck.

Even had professional carpet cleaners in here and they've scrubbed.They do have something that gets a good portion of it out, but the guyreally had to get on his hands and knees and scrub the rug.

Do keep us posted if you find something that works thoroughly and well.

-Carolyn

I use a product called Nature's Miracle. It seemsto work really well for any kind of urine stain including dogs, bunniesetc. I buy it from our local Petsmart store. It is kind of pricey butworth the cost for clean carpets!!

Adrienne

Thanks Fergi!

I'm defintely going to get it! I'll try anything that people say has worked for them.

-Carolyn

SHOUT!!

It does not bleach at all, and combined with a little vinegar it willeliminate most of the odor. Back in Canada though, I would definitlyuse Nature's Miracle (a little orange smelling isnt it?)

Cher

Back