Urine Scald

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually as far as I can see he drinks a lot onhis own. I think the vet just wants to thin his urine outeven more as it is quitepainful for him when he pees.

zoecat6 wrote:
She also said I should syringemore water into him to keep his water intake up but shouldn't I beworried about getting some in his lungs if I do that? Anysuggestions welcome!

Just syringe feed him slowly, Tammi. Just a little at atime. Ben can handle it. He's a big boynow. Between people syringe feeding babies or going too fastand shooting the full syringe in their mouth, that's when you have toworry about getting in his lungs.

What a mess you and Ben have been though! Not fun with thececals, but I've heard it having been done with much success.I don't envy you. Figures that now that you need them, thereare none to be found.

You and Ben remain in my thoughts and prayers. :pray:

-Carolyn

When Mr. Z was having a stasis problem the veyhad me get poop from my other three rabbits. She made aslurry out of it and force feed it to him. It kind of jumpstarted his system and he started gettingbetterquick. Basically he didn't have the bacteria he needed andthis started the bacteria production again.

Ed

I have used the cecals from a healthy rabbit to"jump-start" another rabbit many times, with much success.(For some reason, my vet told me to get them from a healthy doe ifpossible.)

I usually mash them up in either Ensure Plus-Vanilla, pumpkin or kittenmilk replacement fomula (whatever I could get the bunny to takewillingly). And syringe feed it slowly. They do notfind it as offensive as we do.If it's working, youshould see improvement in a day or so. (I know the EnsurePlus has a little sugar in it, but for some bunnies, it's the only wayI can get it in them. They really like it.)

Good luck with your baby.

Latest posts

Back