Urinary Problem...Need Advice Now, Please...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pla725 wrote:
How is Zoe? Seems we have a few rabbits with incontinence issues on the forum in the past few weeks.
Zoe saw her vet yesterday. Based upon my description of her symptoms, he suspects the early stages of cystitis and prescribed Bactrim and an herbal tincture for cystitis.

Hecouldn't manually "squeeze" urine from her bladder; shepeed in her travel litter box secondsbefore the vet entered the exam room--figures. Hedidn't feel it necessary to be more invasive ("tapping" Zoe's bladder for a urine sample), since she's not passing visibleblood and showed improvement from the additional water that I've beensyringe-feeding her.

Last night and this morning, Zoe's fecal production is decreased, whichI'm chalking up to the stress of yesterday's vet visit.Rather than panic about her poop output just yet, I'm keeping a close eye on her, kissin' her snout a lot andstill syring-feeding her extra water (20-30 cc's/day). I hope to have her "production" more normalized by tomorrow morning.

tonyshuman wrote:
I bought frozen cranberries at the grocery store a few weeks ago--look with the frozen fruit.
Ironically, my hubby and I are going grocery shopping tonight. So even though someone from the frozen-foods section told me that frozen cranberries aren't available, I'll look anyways--just to cover the bases. :D

Thank you for letting me know that it is possible to find frozen cranberries in the Midwest. ;)

Back