URGENT rehome: 25 bunnies in AZ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys...

I haven't heard from Judy since the 19th, still. I have her phone number though, I have just been hesitating to call because I am not sure what to say if the worst happened.....AND...when I talk on the phone to people I have never met (and its an important call)...I pretty much studder my words and get really nervous.

iluvmybuns, Rosie, someone....want to call her :embarrassed:?

That was the last I heard from her too, I sent her an Email inquiring if she hada specific gender/age and she never responded.....I'm not a good caller either, anyone else heard from her at all??

I haven't had an e-mail since then either, but then in all fairness,I haven't contacted her.

Obviously I can't phone, but want me to e-mail? Even though everyone else has already done so.

I'll give her a few more days then I'll call her. She probably just has sooo much on her plate right now she might just be checking the emails and deciding to reply when she has time/feels better.

Hey guys!

I emailed her and got a response dated the 26th...same story and information...except that now she's mentioning 30 bunnies??

I have to admit that I feel there are some sketchy details...and I'm not comfortable at all sending her money of any sort. I will, however, continue my efforts at trying to get those bunnies homes.

I'll write her back and ask about personalities and the whole story top to bottom...because I have an Animal Society emailing me about the buns, and asking their story, just how a woman came about owning that many bunnies, etc.

I have to admit...and be totally honest...I have my suspicions...

I hate to admit this and I hope I'm wrong butI was suspicious a long time ago. It was just all her asking for money all the time and not actually posting pics etc.

I truely hope I'm wrong and will feel guilty as hell if I am. :(

But then again Sas said she was legit, there is just something not right.

maherwoman wrote:
Hey guys!

I emailed her and got a response dated the 26th...same story and information...except that now she's mentioning 30 bunnies??

Lost count? Counting bonded bunnies as 1 bunny? I am not sure.

I haven't heard from her. I hope everything is okay. I definitely believe her though.

I'm sorry...I really don't mean to offend...I just feel odd about it all.

Obviously I'll still work hard to find them homes. Doesn't matter to me WHY they need homes...just that they do.

Hugs! :)

undergunfire wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
Hey guys!

Lost count? Counting bonded bunnies as 1 bunny? I am not sure.

I haven't heard from her. I hope everything is okay. I definitely believe her though.

The rehoming of the buns is VERY important but can I ask why if she has 50 which she mentioned in one post does she only want to find homes for 25 - 30?

I'm not trying to offend anyone either, like I said I REALLY hope I'm wrong. Maybe I just have an over suspicious nature.

ellissian wrote:
The rehoming of the buns is VERY important but can I ask why if she has 50 which she mentioned in one post does she only want to find homes for 25 - 30?

50 bunnies? Rosie said that Judy said she had 30 bunnies :p.

I'm not offended in any way at all, believe me guys :hug2:.

I have to be honest and admit that i too have had a lot of reservations about this, which is why, when I donated, I only donated a little bit, because I couldn't bear rabbits to suffer, and it was not much so I would not miss it if it wasa scam.

So yes, I confess that I too doubt her.

It was just in one of her earlier emails to you she said she had 50 buns, thats all.

Amy, just be careful with your money and of course help out in anyway you can with the buns, I would do the same if I lived in the US but please be careful. :)

Just an update: I've got two shelters responding in possible interest in taking in some of the buns. They both asked specific questions, which I emailed to Judy, and received answers to.

So, I've forwarded that information to the two shelters, and actually contacted a few more shelters today! :)

I'll continue to update as things progress.

Hugs!

Rosie*

I have also found a lady here in Prescott who replied to my Freecycle add wanting foster homes for house rabbits :).

She said she is interested in fostering, but will be able to at the end of September, when she closes on her house.

I am going to try to plan out a day within the next couple weeks to go down and visit Judy and the bunnies, plus bring home a bun for the lady here in Prescott to foster. The bunny might have to stay at my house for a week or two, but that will be fine, as it will be going to stay with the lady here in town at the end of September anyway...just about the time when Morgan will be coming home to me.

It is hard to plan out a day to go visit Judy right now because she lives 2 hours away, plus Ryan and I both work 35 hours a week....and he drives to Phoenix, not me, AND...we have to borrow his mom's car to go down to Phoenix because his car would die on the way back since it is all up mountains.

I am going to aim for a day within the next few weeks though, to bring back the proof that this situation is real and that there are really bunnies needing help.

I've gotten word back from a couple places...

One's asking where she got the buns from in the first place, and I let her know and also informed her that I've sent them an email asking about the lady...character and such. I, personally, would like to know why they could possibly okay someone continually adopting, so that they eventually wind up with over 30 rabbits. Seems downright irresponsible to me.

I'm worried because the other shelter (as well as other people) have made it clear that they will ONLY take on already-altered buns, and the fact that about 80% of the buns she's got are NOT altered. That means a lot of buns without homes.

:grumpy:

We should just end this thread. It is causing too much trouble and no one on the board can take any rabbits or anything anyway.

Thanks to iluvmybuns and Moominmoo for donating to the bunnies :hug2:. I know Judy really appreciated it.

I'll still continue to post my "WANTED: foster homes for house rabbits" adds on Freecycle and hope that I get more replies :).

I don't think this thread is causing trouble, just a bit of concern thats all. I for one would like to know what happens to these buns, and hope they all find good homes. The rabbits welfare is whats important here, nothing else. :)

I think we will have to end this thread as it stands, it's a little too close to violating our fundraising rules, but we can havea thread that focuses onthe bunnies she's trying to find homes for and keep everybody updated on that situation.

Major kudos to Amy and Rosie and the others for doing so much to help this person. :kiss:

Unfortunately Judy is in the same boat as many rescuers (and hoarders) who have beendevoting their whole lives to stray bunnies --the hardships are taking their toll. Butthey feel they can't get out from underwithout compromising their little charges. Theyreally shouldbe commended for their efforts.

Judging by some of her ads, Judy in effect wants to 'sell' her operation (for no money), lock stock and barrel. But she'snot yet at the critical stage where she is being forced to close her sanctuary due to the loss of her home, she's putting it out there as a possibility.

When she is in the position where the bunnies mustmove and a deadline is in place,I do believe action will be taken by other rescues.Keep in mind operations like Nevada rescue where1000+ bunnies were taken from a woman in a similar situation in Nevada have been very successful.

I'd like to see efforts continue re: finding them homes, including exploring options re: another sanctuary situation -- somebody who is willing to take all the rabbits and let them live out their lives on their property, which was the outcome for a number of the Nevada rabbits. (In that casethey actually ran out of rabbits. A number of people prepared their land only to find the rabbits all had homes already).

Wheninformation on the adoptable bunniesis available, it can beposted with an update.

Keep up the good work, butthis thread is now closed.

sas

Latest posts

Back