URGENT rehome: 25 bunnies in AZ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CheyAutRanch wrote:
I believe it's Continental... they will ship animals at night here. I just had 2 baby goats flown in, and that's how we had to do it. They landed here at 9:30, and last year my best friend's puppy landed here in teh summer at 8:30.

Not sure about price though, my goats were in a HUGE crate and it was a little over $200 to here from SC.

Jessi

Oh, really?! :biggrin2:

That is pretty good news. Maybe I will have to look into that for when I fly Morgan here...and maybe if I fly rabbits out from Judy.

Arent there any rescues around there who could help? Did she try contacting anyone in CA or other close states? I just cant imagine how no one would be able to take even a few.

:(

Right now Judy wants to find real homes for the buns. I am trying as best as I can to help her.

She really doesn't want to send the bunnies to shelters, where they will just be euthanized due to no space for them.

She has health issues, a 3 year old grand daughter that she has custody of, and I am sure she doesn't have a lot of money or time to drive all the way to California to drop the buns off at rescues. I wish I could help in that part, but I don't have a car and would have to rely on my friend to drive for me. I also have things coming up and I need to save the money to get Morgan home and Madilyn and Mallory to Rosie's.

I really want to try to do anything to help this lady, but there is only so much a few people can do.

I could talk to her about contacting rescues in Cali and the surrounding states. She might have even already tried that.

I am not sure what else to do to help, besides keep spreading the word, but it is hard here when I don't know many bunny people in AZ.

I am going to ask Judy if she minds if I contact the Lionhead breeder that I got my Lionheads from, she takes in rescues. I am not sure if Judy would like that though, seeing as Marg is a breeder.

Does anyone have any other plans that I may be able to try :??

She hasn't replied to my email yet. I don't know what to do. Seeing as she only wants to find forever homes, I couldn't guarantee that. I would only be keeping them until I found homes for them.

Ozzy won't accept any other buns. So adding any permanently is out of the question until I buya house in March. My apartment is tiny and my boyfriend would already be mad just for fostering any more. Although that I'd do anyway;)

I wonder if someone could get to her and help her take pics and write up things about them to put them on Craigslist and Petfinder(dont know if you can do that) and stuff like that... I feel so bad. Only thing I think I can do is send her some money.

iluvmybuns wrote:
She hasn't replied to my email yet. I don't know what to do. Seeing as she only wants to find forever homes, I couldn't guarantee that. I would only be keeping them until I found homes for them.

She is looking for foster homes as well.

Ozzy won't accept any other buns. So adding any permanently is out of the question until I buya house in March. My apartment is tiny and my boyfriend would already be mad just for fostering any more. Although that I'd do anyway;)

I wonder if someone could get to her and help her take pics and write up things about them to put them on Craigslist and Petfinder(dont know if you can do that) and stuff like that... I feel so bad. Only thing I think I can do is send her some money.

I am willing to spend the time and money to get to her house and take pictures and get a feel for some bunnies personalities....if anyone on here would like to adopt or foster from her.

Judy has already tried posting on Craigslist. The only homes that ever appear are irrisponsible ones.

I am waiting for an email back from her to see how we can donate money. Money helps, but the rabbits need a home more so than that, unfortunately.

I hope that kind of clears it up a little bit :??

I have another email from Judy...

"Hi Amy, My computer crashed and we lost all the emails. Just found my outlook express so I am sending you my alternative address of [email protected]. This is also the address used for my paypal account. I have 3 lop ear bunnies. One is abrown/tan, One is black named kisser as he will give you kisses.Both of these are small like the mini-lops. I also have another larger girl that is a brown and tan. She is a little shy. These were dumped at a Petsmart and are NOT altered. I would not want them bred really. They are very sweet bunnies. I have another small boy that is NOT a mini lop but is also lovable and he wants to be out so bad. His previous owners let him have the run of the house and now he only has a condo without all the attention. Any of these 4 would be a wonderful pet. *edited out her phone number* I have been pretty depressed over this situation, but the thought of anyone wanting to give any of these precious babies a home, makes me a little happier. They are all wonderful and want to be loved. Thanks so VERY VERY much for your help. I truly am grateful and appreciate every thing you are doing to help all these babies. They so deserve a forever home with lots and lots of love. And room to play! lol I will talk to you soon. Please remember to use the above email next time. Take care. Grandma Judy"

Okay....

#1. Anyone wanting to donate (even a few dollars!) please use
[email protected] to send Judy donations through her pay pal account.

#2. The part about the lop bunnies....I asked her if she had any.

#3. I also asked her if she would allow me to come down to her place sometime to take pictures of the buns and get little stories about each one, so I can start a blog about them and hopefully draw some attention.

#4. iluvmybuns...did you hear back from Judy?

#5. ROSIE....I asked Judy if she had contacted any shelters in Southern Cali to see if they could help out. I asked for her permission to ask rabbit rescues if she hasn't already. I want rescues that will not euthanise them. Then it struck me....if there are shelters willing to take in any bunnies from Judy, then would you be willing to do a little "bunny train" to get the buns from me to the shelter? Can we somehow arrange something like this if needed? Ryan's mom's van can fit as many bunnies and their supplies as needed.

Even if shelters won't take any in, and you want to take in a foster or two (or three, or four, or five, or six, or every bunny in the state of Arizona), we can also meet up to get them to you, that way you won't be paying hundreds in shipping bills.

* And if a "bunny train" between Rosie and I can happen, anyone along the way who would like an AZ rescue bunny...please chime in....we may be able to figuer a way to get the bun to you if we are going that way!

I think I may be going a little nuts here, but I feel for Judy and I cry a thousand times a day about the bunnies and her situation.

I'm really not asking for the world, but I want to save even ONE bunnies life...it if comes to be that that is all that I can save.

Amy, let me know if you do find any rescues willing to take them in. I'll definitely help you set up some sort of transport.

Im also going to post this on a few other mailing groups I belong to. Its just so heartbreaking.

Thank you, Haley :hug2:.

I am waiting to hear back from Judy before I start emailing rescue groups, incase she already has done so.

I should probably hear back from her today.

Well I have to at least help her with the money. Wish there was more we could do.

Hi Julia, Thanks so much for your kind words. I am so upset as tonite the bearings on the one cooler went out. I am scared to death for the heat coming tomorrow. But, I am doing a post for someone to donate the $30 that I need. I will be more than happy to pay it back on the 5th when I get my disability check. The landlord may now also loose this home so there will be no where for these guys to go. I don't beleive I have ever felt so alone in a struggle in my lfie. They depended on me and I have let them down so badly. I really do love them and I am at a total loss. It is going to be 112 degrees tomorrow and the moonsoons are coming. I am praying that something comes up to help. I really would not have the money to ship any of the buns out of state. You are very sweet to offer. I would think it would be expensive although I have never done it before. I believe it would be stressful for them as well. I don't know for sure. You sound as if you have the perfect home of love for them though. If I could wiggle my nose, I would gladly send one or two your way for you to keep loving them for me. They are very sweet girls and boys for sure. The arizona heat is totally unforgiving I will tell you that much.

I do have a paypal account. I am listed at [email protected]. Judith Carter 3635 E. Hazelwood St. Phoenix Arizona 85018. I have done Ebay which is why I have the paypal account. Have not been on due to the pain. Everything is just getting too hard to do. Keeping up with my granddaughter takes a lot out of me too with all the animals. Doesn't stop me from loving them. That is why I have to let them go....I do love them dearly. Thanks for listening and for your kindness.

Grandma Judy

It breaks your heart doesn't it.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you so very very much for your kindness. I will now be able to get the bearing for the cooler or a bale of hay that will truly help us out. I have never found myself in such dire straits in all my years. I never dreamed when I took on this rescue/santuary, that my body would give out on me. Nor did I ever think that the landlord of this home would make such bad decisions as to loose it and leave all of us without a home and nowhere to go. My heart is breaking over this, but if I am fortunate enough to find homes for all of these beloved family members, I believe that I have done my bests even if I don't see them again. They deserve to be loved by someone even if it cannot be me anylonger. This is not about me....It is about them and their safety and happiness. Thanks again for your generousity. I promise that I will take care of them with this money. It means the world to all of us here. I am going to try to get some pics posted of some of them as soon as things are fixed here. Your kindness will always be remembered by me, my granddaughter, and all the bunnies here.

Grandma Judy

Sorry, guys...I have been busy all day.

I am bawling my eyes out right now as I type this. Judy's story makes me want to scream and yell at the world. She has such love for her bunnies....and I want so badly to help save them...as it would honestly mean EVERY THING to her.

She sent me this email earlier. I struggled to read it through my tears...

"Hi Amy, You have no idea how much I truly appreciate your help and kindness. Tonite the cooler bearing on the front cooler went out. It is going to be so hot tomorrow as you know. I am trying to rig it and pump it with oil around it to see if I can get it started again. I am so scared that I know I won't sleep tonite. There is just no money for anything. The owner of this house may loose it and then this will be so devastating as there will be no where for any of us to go. I would give anything if I could go back to work. I am just in so much pain everyday that I don't know how I could do it. Everything is coming down around me and I don't see any way out of anything.

I am so grateful for your care and concern and just conversation at this point. No one in this house loves these guys like I do. I have other animals as well, but these guys have a big part of my heart. I just want them to have someone to love them and give them what I can't now. They do have condo's out in the bunnyyard. But in the summer, they need so much more than that.

Bremley hedge does not accept any Arizona bunnies now. Angel at East Valley Bunny Rescue is soooo full. Many of these were adopted by me from her.

I am working on getting some pics of them to send to you. I have a little black lop that I named kisser. He gives kisses and loves to snuggle when I can find the time to take him out. All of these guys have a story and some are not too pretty as you can imagine. I have another mini rex Mocha in color, whose mommy gave her up to me.

She worked the rennisance festival and Earmuff was totally frightened to death when she would hear the coyote's howl at night. Plus she was in a cage all day and no cooler or anything. She is a snuggle bug when you can catch her. She is an angry girl with trusting anyone. She doesn't bite, but she tries to intimidate you if you will let her.

Then there is Tia and Cessena. Cessena has beautiful ears like a plane...which is wear he got his name. His cage mate is Tia who is a silver martin. She is now blind in one eye and can NEVER NEVER be spayed. Dr. Langhoffer told us she would never survive the surgery so she is NOT spayed. Cessna is of course nuetered. They are a bonded pair NOT to be separated unless by death!

Then there is Pettie. He is a little sand/tan mini lop. So very lovable. He will run up to you and then run away sometimes. He wants to be held though and cuddles as well. Just a precious little boy. I have another small back bunny that is also a sweetheart. He is so loving and just begs to be taken out and doted on.

I could go on and on, but that is just a few of the babies I have in my family here. I do have other personal pets that I hope I will not have to part with as does my son. I don't know if I could bare to loose every one of these guys. But, I will do what is necessary to save them no matter what! I will always have animals. Children and animals have always been my life. I drove a school bus for many years until the knees gave out after having shingles for over 14 months. That was horrible pain too, but it was finally gone. The knees don't stop. It only gets worse even with the pain management clinic I go too. I have to wait another 5 years before they will consider me for knee replacement. But, I have no one to take my granddaughter now anyway so replacement is NOT an option for me now or in the near future. She will be 4 in Oct. and I have a ways to go before she is self sufficient. Her parents can't care for her which is why I have the guardianship with them having given up all rights to her. It is almost like having custody. I totally support her and have since birth.

Anyway, long story and I am sorry that i went on and on.
I will hang on to them for as long as possible if the house is not taken away. I am going to try to sell whatever I have to make sure that they are fed. I have some items posted on Craigslist now from when my mom passed. She was found dead in her mobile home with all her pets. It has definately been a trying couple of years. You will never know how very much your kindness means to me and the buns. Please know that you are one in a million and I am forever in your debt.

Thanks so very much, Grandma Judy"

I am still begging Ryan to let me foster a bunny. It would mean so much to Judy, myself, the bunny, and most of you. I am just so torn up over her story. A bunny-lover who is struggling to keep the bunnies and herself alive.

I've been so stressed over her situation, trying to find anyway that I can help. I will be posting a pair of spurs (for horseback riding) on ebay tonight, hoping that I can get $60 for them....then I will be saving up some money to donate to her along with the sale of the spurs.

I am just so heart broken right now.

Would the plaecs she adopted them from still have pictures of them?

Has she tried doing up posters with three or four bunnies per poster and asking vets to post the poster (just normal size pages) in their practices?

What about sending out a letter to vets in the area?

How about ads in the Walmart Pet section w/ photos? I'm going to do that later this summer with a few I want to rehome. Sometimes people will see a picture and story and be willing to call and adopt...

I am praying for her - I can't do much right now as far as finances and stuff - but I can at least pray...

Peg

This situation is so heartbreaking. :bigtears:Unfortunately, I have no income until September and I have to support my own bunny rabbits. I wish I could do more, but I will pray.

t.

This story is so heartbreaking, I would love to give the black lop - kisser a home! Obviously I can't. :(

There must be people in her area who could re-home some. What about ads in a local papers.

TinysMom wrote:
Would the plaecs she adopted them from still have pictures of them?
I would have to ask her. Who knows how long ago she adopted them from them.

Has she tried doing up posters with three or four bunnies per poster and asking vets to post the poster (just normal size pages) in their practices?
This is a good idea. I am going to wait until she sends me pictures...then try posting around here in Prescott.

What about sending out a letter to vets in the area?
Also a good idea!

How about ads in the Walmart Pet section w/ photos? I'm going to do that later this summer with a few I want to rehome. Sometimes people will see a picture and story and be willing to call and adopt...
I am not sure that we have a bulliten board here in Prescott at our Walmarts, but I can post around at grocery stores, the feed stores, ect.

I am praying for her - I can't do much right now as far as finances and stuff - but I can at least pray...

Peg

:hug2:

Okay, gotcha.

I can definitely at the very least do transport. What time period are we looking at?

Let me call around to the various shelters here in SoCal, and let ya know.

I wish we had the internet right now, but it looks like it'll be probably mid-week before we get it back up-and-running. Would she be able to wait that long before I can call shelters?

Also, like I've mentioned, I would like to wait for my own personal ability to foster until all buns that will be living with us will be here. I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure I'll have the ability to care for them before I say any kind of affirmative in taking any in.

We're still aiming at getting a place that has PLENTY of room to foster at least ten buns (though I haven't yet mentioned that number to Danny...I'm sure he'd be okay with it, due to them being TEMPORARY in our home), so given that I can handle taking care of so many, I'd definitely be able to either just take some into our home, or just foster them.

I'm honestly (despite this recent tough-ish time) not worried about finances. We've located the problem in our company and we're handling it completely and finally, and I expect that things will be back on track very shortly (especially since we already got a GOOD job just in doing the initial handlings of the problem...think $12000 job...and I didn't misnumber my zero's...and that's something that isn't unusual for our line of work, either...which is why you can see that we're able to have so many and be looking for a house and everything).

BUT...as I mentioned, at the very least...right now...we can transport buns and I can call around to shelters (to find no-kill ones) as soon as the internet's back up.

QUESTION: Approximately many buns should I be asking to place when I call the shelters? Just so I can see how many they can take, etc.

Latest posts

Back