URGENT! Petsitter or Breeder 'sitter'????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin

Reaction score
Hi I need to know urgently what will be the bestfor my baby Raisin? He's almost 5 months old and I have to go away forbusiness for 3 days. Will it be better leaving him in his ownenviroment with all his goodies and get a petsitter to come check onhim once a day (I would prefer more but she only does it once a day)She also has not looked after bunniesyet but lovesanimals.

Or will it be best to take him back to the breeder lady that I boughthim from that she can look after him. She has hand raised allher bunnies and loves them to bits. Would it not upset him more if Itake him out of his familiar enviroment? Please help!!!!!!:dunno:

He might to better staying at home - although I would also prefer the twice a day check.

I'm a "breeder-sitter", but I keep our guests in my basement away fromthe general population of my rabbits, to decrease chances of diseasetransfer.

Pam

I leave my rabbits at home and have someonecheck and feed them twice a day. This is much less upsettingfor them. Loki doesn't eat well after he's moved.

Thanks you guys! In the mean time I phoned thebreeder and she has stopped breeding with bunnies and is not willing tolook after Raisin at all. But I did score 2 cagesfromher, sweet with the sour!

I phoned a friend and because of plans that has changed for them, shewill be able to pop in to see Raisin at my house.Unfortunately only once a day, but at least I can trust her.Was not to sure about the other sitter, have not met her yet.Just hope Raisin does not miss his mommy to much :?

Take care:bunnydance:

I will run into the same problem next month.

when you guys have the sitter come to your house, do you let her/him release the bun from the cage and run around?

my bun maomaochiu gets out of the cage whenever i am home (which is alot of times), but sometimes he hides underneath the couch and hard tocoax him out. i am afraid the sitter may run into the sameproblem and then has no way to get him out.

thanks!

I didn't have the petsitter exercise them thislast time. The first time I used a petsitter the buns went tostay at their house. That's because it was August, myapartment wasn't air conditioned, and I only had Mocha and Loki in adog crate so it wasn't too much space. Now with four rabbitsin large pens and central air, it's far better to just leave them here.

As long as you're not going to be gone for weeks and weeks, it won't hurt a rabbit to stay in it's cage.

I agree, dont let the petsitter take the bunnyout of the cage unless he/she knows what their doing. Alsobunny can get very frightend when somebody unfamiliar is trying to'catch' him. I dont want my bunny to pick up any 'bad'habbits from somebody that does not know how to handle them.Raisin does not run away at all but that is because from day 1 Irefused to run after him, if you start with it (like my friend did),that is all you are going to do - run after a bun!

Latest posts

Back