*URGENT HELP NEEDED* malocclusion questions đŸ˜¢

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are very aware and signed a contract with me. What would you have done instead, cull?
I'm sorry, but my opinion is that no animal deserves that, especially if their issue / problem is treatable and they can provide happiness to a family. That is my standpoint, as a fellow breeder :)

That’s fine, but being a breeder means you must sometimes make difficult choices. You found someone willing to deal with a possibly lifelong problem. I just don’t feel right passing my problem onto someone else. You did ask for other breeders’ opinions...

My bun has malocclusion, her bottom teeth are actually criss crossed and misaligned. I trim her teeth every month-2 months depending on growth. (I don't recommend trimming yourself talk to a vet first which is what I did)
She still eats hay, pellets, fruit normally even when the teeth are overgrown. Leafy greens I have to rip in smaller pieces simply cuz they get stuck on the teeth and she gets annoyed. Grooming can be tricky as they overgrow and I have to pull fur off the teeth occasionally.
Its very manageable. My vet only charges $15 to trim teeth and others are $30 because they give them anesthesia.
Mine is fine being burritoed and trimmed.
I personally find no reason to pull her teeth. If she was too stressed by trimmings I would look into it but mine is fine with trims. Every bun is different. So what works for one won't for another.

My bun has malocclusion, her bottom teeth are actually criss crossed and misaligned. I trim her teeth every month-2 months depending on growth. (I don't recommend trimming yourself talk to a vet first which is what I did)
She still eats hay, pellets, fruit normally even when the teeth are overgrown. Leafy greens I have to rip in smaller pieces simply cuz they get stuck on the teeth and she gets annoyed. Grooming can be tricky as they overgrow and I have to pull fur off the teeth occasionally.
Its very manageable. My vet only charges $15 to trim teeth and others are $30 because they give them anesthesia.
Mine is fine being burritoed and trimmed.
I personally find no reason to pull her teeth. If she was too stressed by trimmings I would look into it but mine is fine with trims. Every bun is different. So what works for one won't for another.
Thank you for this! I wish videos could be uploaded on here.. I would totally ask for a video tutorial if so!

Lol I can't condone you trimming yourself without talking to a vet first. ;)
I would never have thought to do it myself without my vet showing me and telling me how to do it.
There are many videos on YouTube, im not sure how accurate they are but there are alot of people who did it themselves.
But again and I can't stress it enough every bun is different and what works for mine may not work for others, and talk to a vet with rabbit experience first always.

Lol I can't condone you trimming yourself without talking to a vet first. ;)
I would never have thought to do it myself without my vet showing me and telling me how to do it.
There are many videos on YouTube, im not sure how accurate they are but there are alot of people who did it themselves.
But again and I can't stress it enough every bun is different and what works for mine may not work for others, and talk to a vet with rabbit experience first always.
Of course, I totally get that!! I've never known my vet to be one to help give a tutorial, but I'll keep this in mind if I ever need it in the future! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back